[How long to receive payment for HH bond redemption?]

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
1Marylannie

[How long to receive payment for HH bond redemption?]

Post by 1Marylannie » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:16 pm

I am sure this question has been asked but could not find it. I sent my HH bonds and all the required paperwork and guaranteed signature to the Treasury department. It was received. I really would like to know how long it takes to deposit the money into my direct deposit account

1Marylannie

Re: [How long to receive payment for HH bond redemption?]

Post by 1Marylannie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:57 am

I spoke to a woman at the treasury department the other day. She told me upon receipt of bonds it should take treasury about 10 days to process

snakebit336

Re: [How long to receive payment for HH bond redemption?]

Post by snakebit336 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:16 pm

I'm the executor of my moms estate and found she had several HH bonds in a safety deposit box. I filled out the paperwork and sent them in and the face value amount was deposited. When I spoke to the gentlemen at treasurydirect he stated the interest would be deposited at a later date. I need to close the estate account in about 2 months and there has been no interest deposited. I called and spoke to a woman who stated there was no interest and the account was closed. Later I started wondering if she was referring to the original bank account where previously redeemed bond interest was deposited or her treasurydirect account. The first account was closed due to her passing and the estate account opened. Is this right? I just want to be sure I don't close the estate account and then later on have to reopen the thing again, dealing with the city and all. Why would the bonds only be worth face value when they the interest amount printed on them? I apologize for my ignorance but Ive never dealt with bonds before and cannot find the answer anywhere else. Thanks for any positive feed back.