Bogleheads website equivalent for property investment?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
adam123

Bogleheads website equivalent for property investment?

Post by adam123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 pm

I have learned immensely from this website, and learn and refine my ideas by checking in.

While I feel I have developed a strong foundation for investment and tax principles here at Bogleheads, I do not have the same foundation of knowledge on the ins and outs of real estate investment.

Is there an equivalent website/sounding board for property investment principles/strategy/tax issues akin to Bogleheads?

Regardless of any opinions on the wisdom or not of diversifying to add real estate, I at the very least need to educate myself more.

Thanks!

Chrono Triggered

Re: Bogleheads website equivalent for property investment?

Post by Chrono Triggered » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 pm

biggerpockets.com is one of the better ones I've seen.

runner3081

Post by runner3081 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Chrono Triggered wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 pm
biggerpockets.com is one of the better ones I've seen.
Agreed, probably the best out there.

adam123

Post by adam123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks, I will explore.

Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 pm

I would use BiggerPockets to get an overview and ideas.
Then. . . check the financial soundness of those ideas as they apply specifically to your financial situation here on the Bogleheads Forum.

BiggerPockets by itself can have some "landmines" and "twists" due to the nature and diversity of the forum input, etc. So whatever you come away with from there, take it into the Bogleheads "no spin zone" for financial verification.

There are a number of very experienced R/E investors and businessman on the Bogleheads forum as well. Use both.

Some on the Bogleheads Forum are strong proponents of R/E as a sound option toward diversification of assets and income stream for those inclined to pursue it.
j :D