Singing Praises for the Capital One Credit Card

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Allan

Singing Praises for the Capital One Credit Card

Post by Allan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:55 pm

I use 2% cash back credit cards for buying items in my business, I spend some serious money on an annual basis buying material. I have the Fidelity VISA and the Capital One Spark, and will occasionally chase a sign-up bonus, I recently did this for the $1,000 cash bonus on an Amegy Bank VISA. The Capital One website card is SO easy to use and navigate in comparison to others, the 2% cash is rebated immediately, never a problem. I just can't say enough good things about the card, their website, even the few times I've had to call in, they really have their act together in my opinion.

I've had one Capital One VISA Spark for a few years, recently they sent me applications to sign up in my business name, so I signed up 2 cards. Surprised they let me do it, but offered $1,000 credit if I spent $10,000 in 90 days on each card. Given what I use these cards for in my business, this was easy to do. The day after I spend the $10,000, there was a $1,000 credit on my account. I couldn't believe how easy it was, a lot of these sign-up bonuses they make you wait and jump thru hoops. Obviously I'm a big fan!

Leesbro63

Re: Singing Praises for the Capital One Credit Card

Post by Leesbro63 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 am

Is there a link for this $10,000 bonus? It’s not clear: is the bonus with the Amegy card, the Cap1 card, or both?

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 am

Allan wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:55 pm
The Capital One website card is SO easy to use and navigate in comparison to others, the 2% cash is rebated immediately, never a problem. I just can't say enough good things about the card, their website, even the few times I've had to call in, they really have their act together in my opinion.
Well, to each his own opinion, I suppose. I too have both Capital One and Fidelity Visa cards, and while I think the Fidelity (i.e. Elan Financial) web site has its quirks, I'm disappointed in the Capital One experience lately. They have re-designed their web site to be "mobile-friendly", which is fine, I suppose, if you're accessing them via a tablet or phone. But call me grouchy if you want, I use my desktop PC for financial matters, never a mobile device, and their "mobile-only" site is IMHO irritating to deal with, what with the huge buttons, the irritating "bouncing" dialog boxes, and their tendency to address me as if I were ten years old.

Fortunately, I use the Fidelity cards mainly, and only use the Capital One for international travelling, so it's certainly something I can live with.
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

Alexa9

Post by Alexa9 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:46 am

The only drawback is the points can only be used for travel AFAIK. Citi DC/Fidelity is straight 2% cashback. But if you travel frequently, not an issue. I find a lot of travel points makes me travel unnecessarily and stay in nicer hotels than I normally would.

sunny_socal

Post by sunny_socal » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:27 am

Agree on Capital One in general - they are very quick with their transactions and I find their website to be intuitive.

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 am

Leesbro63 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 am
Is there a link for this $10,000 bonus? It’s not clear: is the bonus with the Amegy card, the Cap1 card, or both?
Probably a targeted offer.

Leesbro63

Post by Leesbro63 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 pm

whodidntante wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 am
Leesbro63 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:27 am
Probably a targeted offer.
Bummer!

drk

Post by drk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Alexa9 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:46 am
The only drawback is the points can only be used for travel AFAIK. Citi DC/Fidelity is straight 2% cashback. But if you travel frequently, not an issue. I find a lot of travel points makes me travel unnecessarily and stay in nicer hotels than I normally would.
Capital One's miles can easily be converted to regular cash-back: you're able to reimburse the same travel charge ad infinitum.