TurboTax Prices

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
pshonore

Re: TurboTax Prices

Post by pshonore » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Peter Foley wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:20 pm
I prefer the CD version to the download. As mentioned, I may want to reinstall it a few years from now for audit purposes. In addition, Turbo Tax is not as transparent with the features of the download version and you may buy a bargain only to find out it won't handle a form you need.

Then again, also as mentioned, it is a once a year modestly priced product. I got mine a Staples last year when it was $10.00 off for the CD version of Deluxe.
Download version is identical in all ways to CD version except for obviously how its installed. (Online version may not be) I've successfully installed Deluxe download version on Windows 10.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 pm

MisterBill wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:13 pm
HueyLD wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 am
“This may change mid-December?”

But it is already mid-December!
The Fidelity offer is available. Unfortunately, I got an error when I got to the TT page. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
I worked just fine for me.

Remember, do not log into TT. Wait until after the purchase.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:45 pm

HueyLD wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 pm
MisterBill wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:13 pm
HueyLD wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:30 am
“This may change mid-December?”

But it is already mid-December!
The Fidelity offer is available. Unfortunately, I got an error when I got to the TT page. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
I worked just fine for me.

Remember, do not log into TT. Wait until after the purchase.
It was broken last night and earlier today, then they pulled. It's working now.

Also, you can login into TT if you want. I did so between adding the Windows and Mac versions into my cart. Both still showed up as free.

SittingOnTheFence

Post by SittingOnTheFence » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:51 am

TravelGeek wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:55 am
TT downloads updates virtually every time I start it during tax preparation season. I don’t know if any of those updates or bug fixes impact my changes or even the format of the data file. I don’t know if those updates would still be downloadable six years later.
Good point, I did not consider that. But, the original install disk will still install, at least until the OS possibly gets more advanced and simply won't install something that old. I keep a dos VM just for that rare occasion when I am trying to find something from the early 90's on my old MoneyCounts.

Last month I tried to open an older file in TTax 2016, I think it was a 2010 or 2009 file. It would not load. I thought it would be backwards compatible but I guess you can only be compatible for so long when the forms change and underlying calcs change frequently. I had to open XP in a VM to run it. In that case I had saved a minimal set of forms to .pdf and was missing some key info I needed. Now I must try to remember to print all forms & worksheets which I did not do when I first started using TTax.

TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:34 am

SittingOnTheFence wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:51 am

Last month I tried to open an older file in TTax 2016, I think it was a 2010 or 2009 file. It would not load. I thought it would be backwards compatible but I guess you can only be compatible for so long when the forms change and underlying calcs change frequently. I had to open XP in a VM to run it. In that case I had saved a minimal set of forms to .pdf and was missing some key info I needed. Now I must try to remember to print all forms & worksheets which I did not do when I first started using TTax.
I would never assume that a Turbotax data file can be opened with any version other than the one that created it (even if it did open without errors getting displayed, I wouldn’t trust that the data is accurate). They sell you a new version every year; there is no reason for them to maintain backwards compatibility.

The IRS doesn’t let you use 1040 forms from previous years either, right?

https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/ ... ding=false

If you want to be reasonably certain that you can open an old file many years in the future, install every year into a (separate) VM when doing your taxes and archive it. That way you will have an installed version in it’s supported OS ten years down the road. That assumes that TT doesn’t phone home at startup and fail if it doesn’t get an answer; I have not tried that. I keep my installs from previous years on my current machine, with its data files, but I basically consider the pdf of all the forms and worksheets that I “print” to a file at efile time the source of truth from that point onwards.
Last edited by TravelGeek on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

pshonore

Post by pshonore » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 am

SittingOnTheFence wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:51 am
TravelGeek wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:55 am
TT downloads updates virtually every time I start it during tax preparation season. I don’t know if any of those updates or bug fixes impact my changes or even the format of the data file. I don’t know if those updates would still be downloadable six years later.
Good point, I did not consider that. But, the original install disk will still install, at least until the OS possibly gets more advanced and simply won't install something that old. I keep a dos VM just for that rare occasion when I am trying to find something from the early 90's on my old MoneyCounts.

One thing you can do is to save a pdf copy of all forms and worksheets in your return. Click on File - Save - Save as pdf and you're presented with several options.

The 19th hole

Post by The 19th hole » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 am

What he said.
SittingOnTheFence wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:41 am
I won't buy a copy for download. I want a product in a box. So 6 yrs from now if I have to open a file for whatever reason I can install it on what will presumably be a different computer.
Also important for amending returns. When you reinstall the old years the update runs and "updates" the program to the final (I presume) version of the software for that year. i don't know how long TT keeps that running, but I've gone back 3 or 4 years and it has updated the fresh install.
Last edited by The 19th hole on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrc

Post by mrc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:47 am

The 19th hole wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 am
What he said.
SittingOnTheFence wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:41 am
I won't buy a copy for download. I want a product in a box. So 6 yrs from now if I have to open a file for whatever reason I can install it on what will presumably be a different computer.
Also important for amending returns.
Once in a blue moon, computer architectures change (e.g., Mac Motorola -> Intel chip) and the adapter programs (Rosetta?) die. I have a shelf full of CD installers for TT, no CD reader (iMac), and a platform that won't run the software anyway. PDFs rule here.
If it’s not long term it’s small talk

pshonore

Post by pshonore » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 am

If you save the download file, would it be any different trying to run it several years later to access an old return as opposed to the CD version?

EddyB

Post by EddyB » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:57 am

I won't buy a copy on a disk. I want an installation file that’s not dependent on still having a disk drive. So 6 yrs from now if I have to open a file for whatever reason I can install it on what will presumably be a different computer.

SittingOnTheFence

Post by SittingOnTheFence » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:49 am

EddyB wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:57 am
I won't buy a copy on a disk. I want an installation file that’s not dependent on still having a disk drive. So 6 yrs from now if I have to open a file for whatever reason I can install it on what will presumably be a different computer.
It's valid for you but won't work for me. I still have a basement with a number of computers, some with floppy, I even have some 5-1/4" floppy drives. Not that I need these, it's just that they work and I can't wrap my head around tossing them.

But that .exe that I downloaded in 2007 won't run on any of my currently used machines without a VM. You can't count on being able to load an old version of a program on a newer machine, especially if many years has gone by. I have some nice, fast, DOS utilities that won't run on any machine that I currently use. If I followed TravelGeeks advice and had a VM for every year w/ it's OS I'd need a computer dedicated just to do that. :wink: I do keep 2 VM's for previous financial programs but the way technology advances I can see that I will need to give that up, possibly as soon as a decade.

The .pdf's work for me, but as I said earlier, when I first started using TTax I didn't realize what I was missing by not saving every single bit of data to pdf. I've learned since then.

likegarden

Post by likegarden » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:15 am

Turbo Tax does not do all forms. I usually do my own taxes on paper, because our taxes are simple and my retired brain needs exercise. This year I have to do Form 709 because we paid each more than $14,000 in gifts to one person. I thought TurboTax would do that, so I would buy it, but they do not do form 709 because it is not income tax, but gift tax.... and explain that nicely.

EddyB

Post by EddyB » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:21 pm

SittingOnTheFence wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:49 am
EddyB wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:57 am
It's valid for you but won't work for me. I still have a basement with a number of computers, some with floppy, I even have some 5-1/4" floppy drives. Not that I need these, it's just that they work and I can't wrap my head around tossing them.

But that .exe that I downloaded in 2007 won't run on any of my currently used machines without a VM. You can't count on being able to load an old version of a program on a newer machine, especially if many years has gone by. I have some nice, fast, DOS utilities that won't run on any machine that I currently use. If I followed TravelGeeks advice and had a VM for every year w/ it's OS I'd need a computer dedicated just to do that. :wink: I do keep 2 VM's for previous financial programs but the way technology advances I can see that I will need to give that up, possibly as soon as a decade.

The .pdf's work for me, but as I said earlier, when I first started using TTax I didn't realize what I was missing by not saving every single bit of data to pdf. I've learned since then.
But if you're going to keep the machines that have the drives that could load the year-specific media, wouldn't it also be true that you'd have the machine that could run the year-specific installation or executable file? I do keep all the installation files on my NAS. I also keep the pdfs of the returns and the underlying documentation, and in reality I've never needed to open a return more than 15 months after I filed it.

trueson1

Post by trueson1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am

DaftInvestor wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:58 am
trueson1 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 am
TravelGeek wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 pm
trueson1 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 pm
TT Premier download with 1 state $41.75

Tax Pros

https://store.taxprosdeal.com/index.php ... tate-pc-dl
Anyone have experience with this seller? Google search reveals some posts on Intuit's site that indicate that it may not be an authorized reseller, but nothing that looks 100% authoritative. E.g.,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/36924 ... you-verify
I've used them twice ( 2 separate years, including this year) with no problems. Although I'm seeing a similar price for premier on other sites now.
Are any of the sites with a "similar price" authorized resellers? If so - can you please enlighten.
I'm not going to risk buying from a non-authorized (with unauthorized sellers you have no idea if what you are buying will fully work - or where you personal information will end up).
Looks like the price for legitimate Premier is running around $69.
I found TT Premier for $59.99 on the Vanguard site and if you are a member of USAA for $44.99.

DaftInvestor

Post by DaftInvestor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 am

trueson1 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am
DaftInvestor wrote:
trueson1 wrote:
TravelGeek wrote:
trueson1 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:21 pm
TT Premier download with 1 state $41.75

Tax Pros

https://store.taxprosdeal.com/index.php ... tate-pc-dl
Anyone have experience with this seller? Google search reveals some posts on Intuit's site that indicate that it may not be an authorized reseller, but nothing that looks 100% authoritative. E.g.,

I've used them twice ( 2 separate years, including this year) with no problems. Although I'm seeing a similar price for premier on other sites now.
Are any of the sites with a "similar price" authorized resellers? If so - can you please enlighten.
I'm not going to risk buying from a non-authorized (with unauthorized sellers you have no idea if what you are buying will fully work - or where you personal information will end up).
I found TT Premier for $59.99 on the Vanguard site and if you are a member of USAA for $44.99.
Be sure you aren't comparing Apples to Oranges - the $69 Amazon price includes product CD or Download AND includes 1 free state download and 5 free federal e-files. The prices you are looking at might be online access prices and/or may not include a state download or may not include federal e-files (e.g. you may pay $10 less for the product only to find you make it up by paying extra for state and filing fees).
(This is what I found last year)

trueson1

Post by trueson1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:45 am

DaftInvestor wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 am
trueson1 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am
DaftInvestor wrote:
trueson1 wrote:
TravelGeek wrote:

Be sure you aren't comparing Apples to Oranges - the $69 Amazon price includes product CD or Download AND includes 1 free state download and 5 free federal e-files. The prices you are looking at might be online access prices and/or may not include a state download or may not include federal e-files (e.g. you may pay $10 less for the product only to find you make it up by paying extra for state and filing fees).
(This is what I found last year)
Good point - double check!

Rupert

Post by Rupert » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:51 am

I have found over a number of years that Amazon usually has the best price on TT after the new year. Costco usually has a similar price but only for the disks. Computers rarely come with optical drives anymore. So I wonder who is buying all those disks. Amazon stores your downloads in your digital vault so you can download TT multiple times if need be.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:56 am

Costco usually has a similar price but only for the disks. Computers rarely come with optical drives anymore. So I wonder who is buying all those disks.
One can get an external CD drive for those computers w/o optical drives.

I have not used a CD in a long time, but a lot of people still prefer CDs over downloads.

mur44

Post by mur44 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:50 am

Did anyone buy Turbotax from the following entity:

http://www.greentaxexpert.com/Tax-Softw ... emier-2017

The price quote is $41.99 for Turbotax Premier. or is too good to be true?

DaftInvestor

Post by DaftInvestor » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:57 am

mur44 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:50 am
Did anyone buy Turbotax from the following entity:

http://www.greentaxexpert.com/Tax-Softw ... emier-2017

The price quote is $41.99 for Turbotax Premier. or is too good to be true?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/34569 ... -turbo-tax

Lars_2013

Post by Lars_2013 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 am

TurboTax Premier (fed + efile + state) is currently $55 on Amazon. Last year I think that was the lowest it got.

mister_sparkle

Post by mister_sparkle » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:59 am

Amazon just lowered the price on TurboTax Deluxe 2017 (Federal only, no state) to $29.99. Good enough for me.

https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Deluxe- ... B075BBSV5J
Last edited by mister_sparkle on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

pshonore

Post by pshonore » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:05 am

mister_sparkle wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:59 am
Amazon just lowered the price on TurboTax Deluxe 2017 to $29.99. Good enough for me.

No State included (certainly a good deal if you live in FL,TX, etc}

Costco has $10 off Deluxe, $15 off higher versions starting 1/3/18
Last edited by pshonore on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaftInvestor

Post by DaftInvestor » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:07 am

Lars_2013 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 am
TurboTax Premier (fed + efile + state) is currently $55 on Amazon. Last year I think that was the lowest it got.
Thanks for the head's up - dropped $15 - this likely might be the best (legitimate) price we will get.

jcpct

Post by jcpct » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 am

Yeah, that's a good deal. I just ordered my copy of Premier. If you use no-rush shipping Amazon will give you a $5 credit toward a toy or game.

autolycus

Post by autolycus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:57 pm

mister_sparkle wrote:
Amazon just lowered the price on TurboTax Deluxe 2017 (Federal only, no state) to $29.99. Good enough for me.

With state is just $10 more ($39.86) at the moment, although oddly its only for disc version or Mac download, PC download is grayed out on Deluxe + State:

https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Deluxe- ... +and+state

MechEngOSU

Post by MechEngOSU » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Amazon just lowered price of Deluxe Fed and State (PC/MAC disc or MAC download) to $39.86. Earlier this morning it was about 10 dollars higher than that. May or may not just be for prime members. Good price.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:24 pm

pshonore wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:05 am
mister_sparkle wrote:
Amazon just lowered the price on TurboTax Deluxe 2017 to $29.99. Good enough for me.

Actually, it started today, which is why Amazon also lowered their price. It's a yearly ritual.

RudyS

Post by RudyS » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Amazon today: Turbotax 2017 Deluxe Fed + efile + 1 state in box w/CD for PC/Mac: $39.86, free shipping(but not 2 day shipping). Plenty of time for me. Won't get enough cheaper for me to worry about any further price drop.
Last edited by RudyS on Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetireSomeday5

Post by RetireSomeday5 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:41 pm

:removed to keep thread on topic-started separate thread:
Last edited by RetireSomeday5 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:21 pm

MechEngOSU wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:58 pm
Amazon just lowered price of Deluxe Fed and State (PC/MAC disc or MAC download) to $39.86. Earlier this morning it was about 10 dollars higher than that. May or may not just be for prime members. Good price.
Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered mine at that price. Not a Prime member. And free shipping.

TLC

Post by TLC » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:29 pm

autolycus wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:57 pm
With state is just $10 more ($39.86) at the moment, although oddly its only for disc version or Mac download, PC download is grayed out on Deluxe + State:

https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Deluxe- ... +and+state
I also noticed that the PC download was disabled earlier today; but, it is available now and I just purchased it for $39.86.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:38 pm

John151 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 pm
Thank you, joe8d. Unfortunately, it looks like H&R Block’s free edition doesn’t handle Schedule D, which I have to file this year to report a capital loss carryover.

The best offer I’ve had so far was from TaxAct: $13.50 for my federal return. I signed up for it. A state return is currently $37, but I may decide to file my state return directly with the state.
We filed our state tax return directly on the state's website for many years. Not the most user friendly website but there was no cost.
John C. Bogle: "You simply do not need to put your money into 8 different mutual funds!" | | Disclosure: Three Fund Portfolio + U.S. & International REITs

rallycobra

Post by rallycobra » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 pm

I remember last year watching price drops on TurboTax. I purchased in December and saw prices drop a couple of times after that. I recall the lowest prices on New Years day. I made a mental note to purchase on New Years day when I contribute to my HSA and IRA.
26% Total Stock Market/20% Total International/13% Small Cap Value/6% Reit/35% Intermediate Bond Fund | 65/35 Stock Bond 2:1 Domestic/International + Reit

Snuffycuts99

Post by Snuffycuts99 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:34 pm

I've been using Home and Business for the past couple of years, but I'm wondering if it's overkill. I just need to file a Schedule C for a very basic sole proprietorship. And then just dividends and capital gains in addition to W2 income on the personal side. I'll likely itemize deductions (probably the last year doing so with the tax changes). Would TT Premier be fine for this? It looks like to file a Schedule C, I would need to get the CD version. Thanks for any advice.

SittingOnTheFence

Post by SittingOnTheFence » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:25 am

pshonore wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:05 am
mister_sparkle wrote:

Bought Premier @Costco today for $54.99, $15 off incl Fed & 1 State.
Last year I watched prices carefully and never saw it go lower even as April crept closer.

TIAX

Post by TIAX » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:38 am

Snuffycuts99 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:34 pm
I've been using Home and Business for the past couple of years, but I'm wondering if it's overkill. I just need to file a Schedule C for a very basic sole proprietorship. And then just dividends and capital gains in addition to W2 income on the personal side. I'll likely itemize deductions (probably the last year doing so with the tax changes). Would TT Premier be fine for this? It looks like to file a Schedule C, I would need to get the CD version. Thanks for any advice.
Deluxe download/CD is fine for this.

scifilover

Post by scifilover » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:51 am

Costco has Deluxe for $10 off 12-27 to 1-2-18 and other versions for $15 off. I think these prices will then be in the new coupon book which begins 1-3. "While supplies last"

Pranav

Post by Pranav » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am

I would like to ask if my relative should get Fed only version or Fed + State version for following situation:

My relative is single and lives in Texas and worked at an office in Texas for a six months contract job (engineering) for QLogic, a subsidiary of Cavium. Both the subsidiary and the parent company have headquarters in California.
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki

UncleBen

Post by UncleBen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:56 am

I paid $54.99 on Amazon for Turbo Premier disc today w/state and efile. Free shipping even without Prime. (5% off with your Amazon card)

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:57 am

scifilover wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:51 am
Costco has Deluxe for $10 off 12-27 to 1-2-18 and other versions for $15 off. I think these prices will then be in the new coupon book which begins 1-3. "While supplies last"
Should be the same price at Amazon.

I got email from Amazon today for their Gold Box Deal of the Day, TurboTax w/$10 Amazon gift card. I thought it was going to beat the Costco deal, but it turns out it's $10 more than the price of the software without the gift card! Figured I'd mention it here to save anyone else who saw the deal from wasting time getting excited about it.

Alan S.

Post by Alan S. » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm

I used IRS Free file fillable forms several years ago and it was fine, but not as easy as the free Ttax I had access to for the last 5 years.

You have to know what you are doing to use Free File Fillable forms. Has anyone been using this in recent years?

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/Free-Fi ... tarted.pdf

retire57

Post by retire57 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:44 pm

DaftInvestor wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:07 am
Lars_2013 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 am
Thanks for the head's up - dropped $15 - this likely might be the best (legitimate) price we will get.
Thanks! Just ordered mine - $21.36 total using reward points and a gift card balance. Score!

bigdav160

Post by bigdav160 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Should be the same price at Amazon.

I got email from Amazon today for their Gold Box Deal of the Day, TurboTax w/$10 Amazon gift card. I thought it was going to beat the Costco deal, but it turns out it's $10 more than the price of the software without the gift card! Figured I'd mention it here to save anyone else who saw the deal from wasting time getting excited about it.
I use TT Business and found it was $119 with the Amazon gift card but $104 without (also from Amazon) :oops:

Snuffycuts99

Post by Snuffycuts99 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:03 pm

What is the benefit of Premier over Deluxe?

BigJohn

Post by BigJohn » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:42 pm

See comparison of versions here. Basically amounts to Premier providing more help and support but both have ability to produce the same tax return.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-ta ... e/desktop/

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Snuffycuts99 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:03 pm
What is the benefit of Premier over Deluxe?
None.

rjbraun

Post by rjbraun » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Perhaps a silly question, but if I buy TurboTax for Mac download, does that entitle me to load TurboTax on only one Mac? If I have a second Mac would I need to buy the tax package a second time?

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:53 am

A Mac version will only work on Mac.

You can download it onto more than one Mac. As you know, almost everybody owns a few gadget nowadays. I downloaded my PC version onto two PCs because I prefer to have access to the software in two places.

Think about it this way. You installed it on Mac #1 but it just died. You should be able to install it on another Mac.

In fact, you can re-download the software three years later because you likely will have a new Mac or PC after three years.

P.s. if you buy a disk, it will contain both the PC and Mac versions.

cherijoh

Post by cherijoh » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:00 am

DaftInvestor wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 am
TravelGeek wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:58 pm
So for those who plan on buying TurboTax (that includes me), what vendor has historically offered the best prices, and roughly when?

I have camelcamelcamel track the Amazon price for me.
Last year I found that Amazon was periodically dropping the price for the CD (Premier with fed/state - product I was looking for - not sure about others) such that it was cheaper than online or Amazon/other download offers. Buying the physical CD seemed so old school but it was $15 cheaper.
Amazon had it for about $10 off list price earlier this week. But there were some online reviews that there were download issues with Windows 10. I don't know if they managed to fix the issue since those reviews.