Amazon survey scam

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
pintail07

Amazon survey scam

Post by pintail07 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Beware of receiving an email asking for you to take a survey and receiving a free gift, total scam.

Pajamas

Re: Amazon survey scam

Post by Pajamas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Amazon sends legitimate surveys with gift card rewards and sometimes as screening for sampling products.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =200896290

David Jay

Post by David Jay » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm

pintail07 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm
Beware of receiving an email asking for you to take a survey and receiving a free gift, total scam.
I no longer trust any email as being from the claimed sender. Spoofing an email "from" address is child's play.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future - Niels Bohr | To get the "risk premium", you really do have to take the risk - nisiprius

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

The actual email it's sent from is harder to spoof. I have my settings to direct anything that's not in my address book or safe list to the Junk folder. I haven't had a fake email end up in Inbox in a long time, other than friends whose Yahoo account were hijacked. I check over Junk and look for false positives.

For all emails, it's pretty simple. Always check the links. Hover over them to get the real target. Or don't click but copy/paste the link text.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Sorry, but general scam discussions are off-topic. See: Standard Phishing/Scam Threads are now Off-Topic

(Thread locked.)
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.