Equifax customer information leak

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Uncle Pennybags

Re: Equifax customer information leak

Post by Uncle Pennybags »

These criminals are smart and can use this data in ways that are not yet known. This information does not change and can be used decades form now.
aj76er

Post by aj76er »

I was able to put in a credit freeze at Experian and Equifax, but Transunion's website crapped out (I'll try back later).

In my state, it is a $10 charge to do this at each company. What a joke. I just wrote my senator.
"Buy-and-hold, long-term, all-market-index strategies, implemented at rock-bottom cost, are the surest of all routes to the accumulation of wealth" - John C. Bogle
littlebird

Post by littlebird »

Uncle Pennybags wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:10 pm . The entire country was hacked and nobody goes to jail.
Is this meant as a prediction? Or a comment on the current state of affairs, 24 hours in.
bubbly

Post by bubbly »

Uncle Pennybags wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:35 pm These criminals are smart and can use this data in ways that are not yet known. This information does not change and can be used decades form now.
I agree with this sentiment. Most of the forums' discussion so far is preventing financial losses. However, since your information is out there, they can use it to find out things about you not discovered in the leak/hack. For instance, if you have not set up a social security account with the government, the my social security setup page asks for name, phone, SSN, address, date of birth, etc

So with this leak, not only do they have access to the information on the credit reports, now they can make electronic inquiries into other parts of your life as well. And as Uncle Pennybags as mentioned, you have no idea how they are going to use that information, now or later down the road.

People are wary of sharing information on google or facebook, but this is information exploitation is a whole new level.
flamesabers

Post by flamesabers »

aj76er wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:38 pm I was able to put in a credit freeze at Experian and Equifax, but Transunion's website crapped out (I'll try back later).

In my state, it is a $10 charge to do this at each company. What a joke. I just wrote my senator.
It's $5 per company in my state. I would much rather get the credit freeze fees waived for something like 5 years instead of the free 1-year credit monitoring.
bubbly wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:47 pm For instance, if you have not set up a social security account with the government, the my social security setup page asks for name, phone, SSN, address, date of birth, etc
A few weeks ago I tried to setup my social security account and the system apparently didn't think my answers to the security questions were correct. :confused

If I can't setup the account, hackers probably won't be able to either I would suspect. :?
bubbly

Post by bubbly »

flamesabers wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:56 pm
aj76er wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:38 pm I was able to put in a credit freeze at Experian and Equifax, but Transunion's website crapped out (I'll try back later).

It's $5 per company in my state. I would much rather get the credit freeze fees waived for something like 5 years instead of the free 1-year credit monitoring.
bubbly wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:47 pm For instance, if you have not set up a social security account with the government, the my social security setup page asks for name, phone, SSN, address, date of birth, etc
A few weeks ago I tried to setup my social security account and the system apparently didn't think my answers to the security questions were correct. :confused

If I can't setup the account, hackers probably won't be able to either I would suspect. :?
I think the social security account example is besides the point and merely an example as to how your leaked information can be used to obtain more information about your personal affairs. Given that snowballing effect of information being leaked, you have no handle on how that information will be used, now or in the future. I certainly can't even think of all the possibilities.
AntsOnTheMarch

Post by AntsOnTheMarch »

Not to derail this thread but I set up an online SS account for myself a few months ago and the questions were pretty obscure. I succeeded but my wife didn't. After a few tries, she couldn't set up her account and she was frozen from doing so online and would need to go to the SS office if she wants to do so. I consider this a rip roaring success as the only reason we set up the accounts was to prevent someone else from establishing themselves as us.

Now back to our show...

I read about this last night. I hesitated to enter the info on their website to check my/our status but figured the link came from a major publication so I went ahead. It said both me and DW weren't affected. I felt as though I've won the lottery! :D This assuming that the hacked agency is trustworthy. :x And of course, tomorrow brings new hacks. That's a given. :annoyed Seeing from this thread that some people got different results when they checked more than once, I just checked again and got the same results. I will enjoy my dubious and perhaps short lived victory! :beer

Between this and the thread about money disappearing from vanguard accounts, I think I need to get more rigorous about saving statements, screen shots and other SOP to "prove that I am me and that my money exists" stuff as forensic evidence if I have to make my case for god only knows what. I'm already a worry wart persononality so I don't need the extra anxiety. Serenity now!

It appears that credit freeze costs are controlled by state laws/regulations? It should be free considering this hot mess is not of our making. As far as I'm concerned, credit should be opt in, not pay to opt out.
orlandoman

Post by orlandoman »

A credit freeze is an effective tool in preventing the most costly and difficult-to-detect form of identity theft ― false new accounts opened in your name. New account fraud occurs when a thief uses the victim's personal information to open up one or more new accounts for credit or services in the victim's name.

A credit freeze does nothing to help in the situation where someone has stolen your existing credit card information and uses that for fraudulent transactions.
"Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back"
AAA

Post by AAA »

VictoriaF wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:47 am
TheTimeLord wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:43 amHelp me to understand the danger to existing accounts. My understanding is the real danger in identity theft is from accounts being open in my name I am unaware of as opposed to hacking existing account where my assets have guarantees.
I open an account as TheTimeLord in Minsk, Belarus. I link the Minsk account to TheTimeLord Vanguard account. Then I transfer money from the Vanguard account to the Minsk account. Then I empty my Minsk account and disappear.

Victoria
I'm not following. How is his done without knowing the Vanguard username and password which are not part of the Equifax hack?
angelbell

Post by angelbell »

An article in The Washington Post warns using Equifax's help site stating it can pose risks to consumers and potentially restricts your legal rights...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 503757a080
stickman731

Post by stickman731 »

As a FYI, I am attempted to register on the site but I got a security alert (Deceptive Website Warning) from my Safari browser. Needless to say - I stop.
AntsOnTheMarch

Post by AntsOnTheMarch »

AAA wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:33 pm
VictoriaF wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:47 am
TheTimeLord wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:43 amHelp me to understand the danger to existing accounts. My understanding is the real danger in identity theft is from accounts being open in my name I am unaware of as opposed to hacking existing account where my assets have guarantees.
I open an account as TheTimeLord in Minsk, Belarus. I link the Minsk account to TheTimeLord Vanguard account. Then I transfer money from the Vanguard account to the Minsk account. Then I empty my Minsk account and disappear.

Victoria
I'm not following. How is his done without knowing the Vanguard username and password which are not part of the Equifax hack?
Every authorization to transfer funds I have initiated consisted of small credits (pennies) deposited by the institution I was transferring to, into the account of the institution I was transferring from. I then had to log in and report the amounts back to the institution I was transferring to in order to verify that I was the account holder (by virtue of being able logging in and see the amounts). So like AAA, I don't understand how one would do that unless they could hack into vanguard as well.
sixtyforty

Post by sixtyforty »

orlandoman wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:30 pm A credit freeze is an effective tool in preventing the most costly and difficult-to-detect form of identity theft ― false new accounts opened in your name. New account fraud occurs when a thief uses the victim's personal information to open up one or more new accounts for credit or services in the victim's name.

A credit freeze does nothing to help in the situation where someone has stolen your existing credit card information and uses that for fraudulent transactions.
This is true. I do think that CC companies have become quite sophisticated in detecting fraudulent activity. I know we have been notified on more than one occasion that they detected fraudulent transactions on our account, which we were not aware of and fixed the issue immediately. I would like to think because of this massive breach, all the CC companies are stepping up their fraudulent monitoring. Let's hope.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci
Uncle Pennybags

They would call SS for help. They are that good.
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

I did a credit freeze. Damn the agencies for charging a $10 fee for me to mitigate the effects of their own incompetence.
87.5:12.5, EM tilt — HODL the course!
SquawkIdent

Post by SquawkIdent »

First the Pats get crushed and now this? This is ridiculous. :oops:

This whole story is very strange and seems like a movie script. I hope someone is held responsible for this.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done and frozen. Also, monitoring everything very closely.
Sunny Sarkar

Post by Sunny Sarkar »

AAA wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:30 pmAfter entering my information, it brought up a window telling me that I could enroll in the service they're offering on such-and-such a date. There was no explicit statement of whether my information had been impacted or not.
They did tell me clearly that I was impacted. Maybe that means you're not - but then why wouldn't they tell explicitly that you're not? To me that means they don't know.
"Buy-and-hold, long-term, all-market-index strategies, implemented at rock-bottom cost, are the surest of all routes to the accumulation of wealth" - John C. Bogle
AAA

Post by AAA »

Sunny Sarkar wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:47 pm
AAA wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:30 pmAfter entering my information, it brought up a window telling me that I could enroll in the service they're offering on such-and-such a date. There was no explicit statement of whether my information had been impacted or not.
They did tell me clearly that I was impacted. Maybe that means you're not - but then why wouldn't they tell explicitly that you're not? To me that means they don't know.
Some have already commented that the response I got was the default response if they haven't yet determined yes or no.
Uncle Pennybags

AAA wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:53 pm
Sunny Sarkar wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:47 pm
Some have already commented that the response I got was the default response if they haven't yet determined yes or no.
I got a date of the 12th. So I many not be one of the hacked. :confused
Christine_NM

Post by Christine_NM »

I used this link https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/ new today. To get instant feedback on impact, hit the "potential impact" button. Says that equifax believes I was not impacted. I looked at my equifax and transunion credit reports yesterday and there were no new cards or accounts listed. Interestingly, my name in equifax is wrong, going back to a divorce in the 70s.

I am already on the free MyIDCare which should do the same thing so I chose not to sign up for another service.

Maybe I'll start using cash, that would not be a hardship. I still do not have a cell phone. Everytime I think about getting one something happens like this to make me decide against it.
16% cash 49% stock 35% bond. Retired, w/d rate 2.5%
Wakefield1

Post by Wakefield1 »

If this thing is as big as it sounds like it is on today's Nightly Business Report the credit bureaus should be Required to freeze people's credit or even put on status such that any release of credit information should require the Bureau to get the personal permission of the owner of the credit file to release the information. In other words everyone's credit file gets frozen. Automatically. Unless that person opts out.
The story that the CEOs sold stock after the breach became known internally but before it became public information,if true,suggests that perhaps the credit bureau involved might need to go the same route as Arthur Andersen.
gkaplan

Post by gkaplan »

Christine, I did that just now, and Equifax said the following"

"Thank You

Your enrollment date for TrustedID Premier is: 09/11/2017

Please be sure to mark your calendar as you will not receive additional reminders. On or after your enrollment date, please return to faq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process.

For more information visit the FAQ page."

So I'm enrolled but not until Monday, 09/11/2017?
Gordon
jdv01

My Experience

Post by jdv01 »

I checked the Equifax website posted earlier in this thread yesterday.

Got the check back after Sept. 11
DW got the check back after Sept. 13

I decided to check again today and got the you are one of our lucky winners :annoyed

DW checks again still has a check back after Sept. 13 message

Went to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action and was only able to get one of the 3 credit reports {TransUnion} the other two said I would have to apply by mail. Took a quick look at my TransUnion and it looks Ok.

Decide to freeze my accounts at the different agencies. Used the below links

https://www.experian.com/freeze/center.html
https://www.freeze.equifax.com/Freeze/j ... IDInfo.jsp
https://freeze.transunion.com/sf/securi ... ngPage.jsp
https://www.innovis.com/personal/securityFreeze

Experian failed just said I would have to submit by mail Tried a couple of different combinations of how my last name could be spelled and my address. Never would take it. Took the credit card info each time and said to submit by mail. Did not see any info about my card not being charged so I my have 4 x $10 charges I will have to follow up on that.

The others took my money (except innovis which did it for free) and allowed me to lock my credit. So locks at 2 out of the big 3 plus Innovis.

And now I'm going to wait and see how this unfolds not much more I can do at this stage. I guess next we will have DW check back next week and see if she is also a "lucky winner" Then we get to repeat the process for freezing her accounts and get to play $10 for the privilege.

The illusion off being safe in the connected world gets very thin and I work in IT and have no illusions. There are two types of organizations/people in the world those that know they have been hacked and those that don't.
gkaplan

"Equifax Hack Leaves Consumers, Financial Firms Scrambling"

Post by gkaplan »

Consumers, financial firms and regulators were scrambling Friday to assess the damage the massive hack at Equifax Inc. could cause even as the credit-reporting company came under attack on multiple fronts for its handling of the cyberattack.

Consumers criticized the company's attempts to help protect them from identity thieves, citing a confusing process and difficulty signing up for credit-monitoring services. In Washington, regulators said they are examining the company's actions and two congressional committees said they would hold hearings examining the breach, which exposed personal financial information of potentially 143 million Americans. . . .

http://www.morningstar.com/news/dow-jon ... bling.html
Gordon
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

^^^ I merged gkaplan's post into here.

Let's use this thread for everything related to the Equifax hack.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
MJS

Equifax customer information leak

Post by MJS »

I am sending a registered letter to Equifax requesting reimbursement for the cost of registering for the credit freeze.
Equifax Corporate Headquarters
Attention: Mr. Joseph M. Loughran III
President, U.S. Information Solutions
1550 Peachtree Street, N.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30309

I don't expect a reply, but who knows? I may get a check for the entire $15 (3x$5) :moneybag Sometimes, it's not about the money.
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Bacon F.
tj218

Post by tj218 »

For someone too lazy to look can we play out the doomsday scenario

Someone calls Vanguard uses the information from this hack: SS #, dob, etc. Gets access to my IRA. Liquidates my mutual fund balances to an offshore bank account and disappears.

----
Do I have any chance of getting that money back? Worse, would I also OWE money to the IRS for early withdrawal penalties, capital gains, etc.

I honestly don't care if my CC # gets compromised as that is pretty painless and there is good fraud protection and 0 liability, but the above is my real fear with this type of hack.
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

tj218 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 pm For someone too lazy to look can we play out the doomsday scenario

Someone calls Vanguard uses the information from this hack: SS #, dob, etc. Gets access to my IRA. Liquidates my mutual fund balances to an offshore bank account and disappears.

----
Do I have any chance of getting that money back? Worse, would I also OWE money to the IRS for early withdrawal penalties, capital gains, etc.

I honestly don't care if my CC # gets compromised as that is pretty painless and there is good fraud protection and 0 liability, but the above is my real fear with this type of hack.
I'll add a twist. You have 2 factor at Vanguard. They first hack your phone with the info and then they get access to Vanguard.
Uncle Pennybags

Christine_NM wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm I used this link https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/ new today. To get instant feedback on impact, hit the "potential impact" button. Says that equifax believes I was not impacted.
That is the same link I used this morning. I got the same thing.
"Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident." It gave me the same date of the 12 to sign up.
Wakefield1

Post by Wakefield1 »

I suspect that businesses such as Vanguard and all kinds of banks and credit unions with online customer access for financial transactions and money withdrawals will have to tighten their procedures and institute mandatory delays and calls back to the account owners to allow for trying to determine whether activity is legitimate or not. A higher level of skepticism.
In other words,there is going to be some increased inconvenience to almost everyone because of the "Equifax customer information leak"
At worst new Social Security numbers (probably with more digits) will need to be issued.
AntsOnTheMarch

Post by AntsOnTheMarch »

Uncle Pennybags wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:39 pm
They would call SS for help. They are that good.
When my DW's attempt to create online SS account failed, they locked her out of any further attempts and said she would have to go to SS office in person to activate.
AntsOnTheMarch

Post by AntsOnTheMarch »

Wakefield1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 pm I suspect that businesses such as Vanguard and all kinds of banks and credit unions with online customer access for financial transactions and money withdrawals will have to tighten their procedures and institute mandatory delays and calls back to the account owners to allow for trying to determine whether activity is legitimate or not. A higher level of skepticism.
In other words,there is going to be some increased inconvenience to almost everyone because of the "Equifax customer information leak"
You say this like it's a bad thing.
Uncle Pennybags

I just reread the "may" be impacted on Equifax's site. That means I'm screwed, may means I was. This is just Equifax blowing smoke.
AntsOnTheMarch wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:25 pm When my DW's attempt to create online SS account failed, they locked her out of any further attempts and said she would have to go to SS office in person to activate.
I got locked out too. I didn't try calling.
AntsOnTheMarch

Post by AntsOnTheMarch »

Update: Equifax issued a statement Friday evening. “In response to consumer inquiries, we have made it clear that the arbitration clause and class action waiver included in the Equifax and TrustedID Premier terms of use does not apply to this cybersecurity incident, ”the company said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 0af52781f7
chonp3

Post by chonp3 »

Transunion had the worst experience for freezing. After twenty minutes on a unintuitive website, the last page would not permit me through. Another 20 on the phone, and finally frozen. Upon checking bank, two pending charges for the freeze.

Experian and Equifax were both under 5 minutes online.
oneleaf

Post by oneleaf »

chonp3 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 pm Transunion had the worst experience for freezing. After twenty minutes on a unintuitive website, the last page would not permit me through. Another 20 on the phone, and finally frozen. Upon checking bank, two pending charges for the freeze.

Equifax and Transunion were painless for me. But Experian was nothing but headaches. The online method resulted in failure AFTER asking for my credit card to pay the $10. I tried with another card, and then tried with my wife. I now have 3 pending charges from Experian for freezes that never happened. They better not charge me.
aqan

Post by aqan »

triceratop

Post by triceratop »

AntsOnTheMarch wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:08 pm
Update: Equifax issued a statement Friday evening. “In response to consumer inquiries, we have made it clear that the arbitration clause and class action waiver included in the Equifax and TrustedID Premier terms of use does not apply to this cybersecurity incident, ”the company said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 0af52781f7
Except that their own contract states that the terms and conditions constitute the entirety of your agreement with the company. The PR dept can claim what they want but that doesn't change what the contract states. I don't trust the company.
"To play the stock market is to play musical chairs under the chord progression of a bid-ask spread."
bi0hazard

Post by bi0hazard »

Excuse my ignorance. What does freezing credit accomplish in this scenario?
Uncle Pennybags

bi0hazard wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 pm Excuse my ignorance. What does freezing credit accomplish in this scenario?
It stop anyone from opening new credit.
bi0hazard

Post by bi0hazard »

Uncle Pennybags wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:33 pm
bi0hazard wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 pm Excuse my ignorance. What does freezing credit accomplish in this scenario?
It stop anyone from opening new credit.
How does this affect one's routine purchases and opening new financial accounts? When do you "unfreeze"?
Disclaimer: I'm not very smart, and this is just my hypothesis.
TdF fan

Post by TdF fan »

oneleaf wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:32 pm
chonp3 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 pm Transunion had the worst experience for freezing. After twenty minutes on a unintuitive website, the last page would not permit me through. Another 20 on the phone, and finally frozen. Upon checking bank, two pending charges for the freeze.

Equifax and Transunion were painless for me. But Experian was nothing but headaches. The online method resulted in failure AFTER asking for my credit card to pay the $10. I tried with another card, and then tried with my wife. I now have 3 pending charges from Experian for freezes that never happened. They better not charge me.
I had the same experience with Experian several months ago. Several unsuccessful online freeze attempts resulted in three pending charges. Finally I was able to successfully freeze by calling their 888 number and that caused a fourth pending charge. At the end of the billing period I was only charged once and the other three pending charges disappeared.
Whakamole

Post by Whakamole »

Wakefield1 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 pm At worst new Social Security numbers (probably with more digits) will need to be issued.
Increasing the length of SS numbers would require roughly Y2K level work, just to increase the column size for the number. But then we probably shouldn't be using SS numbers everywhere.
MJS wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 pm I am sending a registered letter to Equifax requesting reimbursement for the cost of registering for the credit freeze.
Equifax Corporate Headquarters
Attention: Mr. Joseph M. Loughran III
President, U.S. Information Solutions
1550 Peachtree Street, N.W.
Atlanta, Georgia 30309

I don't expect a reply, but who knows? I may get a check for the entire $15 (3x$5) :moneybag Sometimes, it's not about the money.
I would just sue them in small claims court for the $15 + court costs.
Nate79

Post by Nate79 »

Maybe this will put them out of business. Good ridance.
mnaspbh

Post by mnaspbh »

bi0hazard wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:41 pm How does this affect one's routine purchases and opening new financial accounts? When do you "unfreeze"?
You can use existing credit accounts normally. With frozen credit, you should not be able to open new financial accounts. When you need to open a new account, or a business needs to run a hard credit pull, you issue a temporary (or permanent) "thaw" with one or more of the credit-reporting agencies depending on where the business will pull from. Expect to pay $10 or so per unfreeze per agency, unless your state's laws say otherwise.

Businesses should be able to tell you what agency or agencies they'll pull from, though some customer service reps don't know, and some businesses use "any".

You may need to thaw your credit to sign up for a new phone plan, cable plan, or other utility (if it's not paid in advance, the company is essentially extending you a bit of credit and they want to protect themselves), renting, buying a house, opening certain kinds of bank or brokerage accounts, changing auto/homeowner insurance providers, etc.

You may encounter businesses that want to do a hard credit pull but have no good reason to do so; last time we bought a new car with cash one dealership said they had to do a hard pull before they could sell us the car; we figure they wanted to try to get us to take a loan instead so they'd make more money. We escalated a few times until a manager said that they didn't actually have to do one after all.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

[duplicate]
Last edited by Nicolas on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
bi0hazard

Post by bi0hazard »

mnaspbh wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:09 am
bi0hazard wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:41 pm How does this affect one's routine purchases and opening new financial accounts? When do you "unfreeze"?
You can use existing credit accounts normally. With frozen credit, you should not be able to open new financial accounts. When you need to open a new account, or a business needs to run a hard credit pull, you issue a temporary (or permanent) "thaw" with one or more of the credit-reporting agencies depending on where the business will pull from. Expect to pay $10 or so per unfreeze per agency, unless your state's laws say otherwise.

Businesses should be able to tell you what agency or agencies they'll pull from, though some customer service reps don't know, and some businesses use "any".

You may need to thaw your credit to sign up for a new phone plan, cable plan, or other utility (if it's not paid in advance, the company is essentially extending you a bit of credit and they want to protect themselves), renting, buying a house, opening certain kinds of bank or brokerage accounts, changing auto/homeowner insurance providers, etc.

You may encounter businesses that want to do a hard credit pull but have no good reason to do so; last time we bought a new car with cash one dealership said they had to do a hard pull before they could sell us the car; we figure they wanted to try to get us to take a loan instead so they'd make more money. We escalated a few times until a manager said that they didn't actually have to do one after all.
WOW, thanks!
Disclaimer: I'm not very smart, and this is just my hypothesis.
BBBob

Post by BBBob »

[deleted-posted in error]
Last edited by BBBob on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goal33

Post by Goal33 »

I had my entire team confirm, and 100% of my 8 person sample size was impacted according to their website.
oneleaf

Post by oneleaf »

TdF fan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:51 pm I had the same experience with Experian several months ago. Several unsuccessful online freeze attempts resulted in three pending charges. Finally I was able to successfully freeze by calling their 888 number and that caused a fourth pending charge. At the end of the billing period I was only charged once and the other three pending charges disappeared.
Thanks for sharing your experience! Glad my charges will likely be correct in the end. So frustrating that they make us put our payment info before they decide they can't provide the freeze.