Equifax customer information leak

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
VictoriaF

Re: Equifax customer information leak

Post by VictoriaF » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Here is some more interesting information from Krebs's commenters:
kyle, September 7, 2017 at 8:15 pm

I looked at the source of the page and it looks like there are 3 options:

1) “message-deferred”: “Thank You — Your enrollment date for TrustedID Premier is: xxxxxx Please be sure to mark your calendar as you will not receive additional reminders. On or after your enrollment date, please return to faq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process.”

2) “message-success”: “Thank You — Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident. Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier.”

3) “message-not-impacted”: “Thank You — Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information was not impacted by this incident. Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier”

I got the “deferred” message, which I guess means I can come back later to see if I should panic or not.
Those of us with a date are "deferred". Those who are veritably impacted are "success."

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

littlebird

Post by littlebird » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:39 pm

VictoriaF wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:48 pm

A commenter on the Brian Krebs's article suggests that the link for entering the last 6 digits of the Social Security Number and Last Name, and the non-informative response resemble a phishing attack. Victoria
Yeah. I pulled the plug on it when they asked for the last 6 digits of my S.S.#. That's 2 more than I've been conditioned to part with to strangers.

aqan

Post by aqan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Ice-9 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:52 pm
If you have a Discover Card, their recent offer to monitor the dark web for members' social security numbers sounds good. I already had my credit frozen and recently signed up for the Discover offer. Not sure what action I'd take if Discover notifies me that my SS# is out there, but I guess it's good to know...

Edit to add link: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/m ... nt-alerts/
how do you freeze your credit? do you need to send a written request or is there an easier way?

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 pm

aqan wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 pm
how do you freeze your credit? do you need to send a written request or is there an easier way?
I have links to Brian Krebs's articles about credit freeze in this message viewtopic.php?f=2&t=227226#p3523927

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

Andyrunner

Post by Andyrunner » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:02 pm

I got through the phone #. If you got a date for the future that basically means check back then. They need time compile the information.

Will do good

Post by Will do good » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:08 pm

jeffh19 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:54 pm
Maybe it's time for some of us to start thinking about Lifelock?

I feel like this stuff is just going to get worse and worse. I've used nothing but cards for at least a decade and I've never really had an issue until recently. Got hit with a bunch iTunes charges like a lot of people did, just had a Lowe's credit card and bill show up in the mail and now I hear this.
"A major identity theft protection provider is paying a record settlement over charges that it failed to keep its customers' personal information safe."

Lifelock was suit by FTC 2 times, first fine $12 million, second time $100 million.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lifeloc ... e&ie=UTF-8

MnD

Post by MnD » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Not worried about it at all.
I figure SS#, b-days and other PII has been out there for many or most a long long time ago.
If anything, having even more out lessens the risk individually.
We get a credit card hacked every few years and it's a few minute phone call to get that fixed.

The monitoring services following breaches seem like a waste of time.
Alerts are almost all that some sex offender moved in 3 miles away.......

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm

fposte wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:07 pm
They're already offering free enrollment in "Trusted ID Premier" for those involved. It's slightly weird, in that the way they tell you whether your info was involved or not is by telling you when you'd be allowed to enroll (for reasons I'm not clear on it's staggered by date).
Actually it isn't totally clear to me if the people being given dates are actually compromised. Using their site I have seen 3 responses returned to people:
1) we believe your personal information may have been impacted
2) your enrollment date for TrustedID Premier is
3) we believe your personal information was not impacted
IMHO, Investing should be about living the life you want, not avoiding the life you fear. | Run, You Clever Boy! [9085]

playmisty

Post by playmisty » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 pm

Equifax seems to have waived their credit freeze fee (at least for California people), I just froze my files at the three main companies tonight. Like some of the others in this thread, I have also contacted all of my national elected officials and asked for their intended response to this issue. Hopefully this will spur genuine changes around handling of our data, but I am not holding my breath.

MysticalMoose

Post by MysticalMoose » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 am

playmisty wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 pm
Equifax seems to have waived their credit freeze fee (at least for California people), I just froze my files at the three main companies tonight. Like some of the others in this thread, I have also contacted all of my national elected officials and asked for their intended response to this issue. Hopefully this will spur genuine changes around handling of our data, but I am not holding my breath.
Well, my elected official is Elizabeth Warren, so she'll probably have more than enough to say for the both of us.

Is there anything we can do aside from freezing our credit? Credit is usually what thieves go after but there's a lot more that someone can do with your name, SSN, address, and drivers license number....

dmcmahon

Post by dmcmahon » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:56 am

Isn't the bigger danger that the information will allow them to access your existing accounts? Forge documents in your name and use them to clean out an account at your bank in person? File fake tax returns? It's mind-boggling. Freezing your credit reports seems a completely inadequate response.

BTW equifax's site isn't allowing me to freeze - getting a 500 error code, nice!

Gnirk

Post by Gnirk » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:29 am

Went to the Equifax website, followed their instructions, and DH and I have had our info compromised. We each have a different date to return to the website and complete the enrollment in their monitoring program.

We will also freeze our credi. It's free in our state for anyone 65 or older, that's on tomorrow's agenda.

bayview

Post by bayview » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:42 am

As a Fed, I was already a victim of the OPM breach. By now, I should be getting familiar with this... :?

Here's what the message looks like:
Thank You

Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier.

For more information visit the FAQ page.
My date is 9/14.
The continuous execution of a sound strategy gives you the benefit of the strategy. That's what it's all about. --Rick Ferri

Eureka

Post by Eureka » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:57 am

I went to the site four times. The first two times, it told me my data wasn't affected. The second two times, it told me it was. Since this is a company that obviously can't find its ass with both hands, I'm not sure you can believe anything they tell you.

Index Fan

Post by Index Fan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:06 am

Speaking of Lifelock, I had signed up with them and then canceled the service the following year (years ago). When I contacted them about cancelling, I found that they had entered my name and address incorrectly.

All you can do is laugh at this point. Literally everything is broken when it comes to personal information and the internet.
"Optimum est pati quod emendare non possis." | -Seneca

Rupert

Post by Rupert » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 am

Whakamole wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:55 pm
My understanding with credit freezes (which I think I am now going to do, as painful as it sounds) is that, depending on state, we need to get a police report to get a free credit freeze. Has anyone had good luck getting the police to write this up? A few years ago, someone filed tax returns as me, and the police refused to take a report at all.
You have to have proof that your stolen identity was actually used in a crime to get a police report. At least, that has been my experience. In other words, if your identity is used to open a fraudulent account, the police will be interested. They won't write a report just because your information was compromised. The police wouldn't have time to do anything else if that was the case.
Last edited by Rupert on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rupert

Post by Rupert » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:08 am

aqan wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 pm
Ice-9 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:52 pm
If you have a Discover Card, their recent offer to monitor the dark web for members' social security numbers sounds good. I already had my credit frozen and recently signed up for the Discover offer. Not sure what action I'd take if Discover notifies me that my SS# is out there, but I guess it's good to know...

Edit to add link: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/m ... nt-alerts/
Each bureau's website will walk you through it. I don't think it's very hard if you're willing to pay to freeze and unfreeze. It's a bit more involved, and in my case at least involved sending several certified letters, if your identity has been fraudulently used and you have police reports to send to them.

FrugalProfessor

Post by FrugalProfessor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:41 am

I blog. Taxes are the lowest hanging source of alpha.

MikeG62

Post by MikeG62 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 am

VictoriaF wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:35 pm
Beck49 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:33 pm
To the question of whether the unique ID for access to frozen accounts might have been included in the breach, the Brian Krebs web site suggests a tentative "no".

Several readers who have taken my advice and placed security freezes (also called a credit freeze) on their file with Equifax have written in asking whether this intrusion means cybercriminals could also be in possession of the unique PIN code needed to lift the freeze.

So far, the answer seems to be “no.”

I saw this, too. The problem is that you can't prove a negative, "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."

Victoria
My credit reports are all frozen. Have lifted a few of the freezes a couple of times this year and every time I got an e-mail notifying me of the lift and its duration. So if somehow the bad actors got access to your PIN and lifted your freeze, I would expect that you will be notified of the lift. With so many other things to worry about in life, this is not one where I have any concern.
Real Knowledge Comes Only From Experience

AAA

Post by AAA » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:38 am

Everyone talks about freezing files at the three major credit bureaus, which I've done, but apparently there is another bureau (Innovis) which I had not heard of until now. Can/should one also freeze files there?

JMacDonald

Post by JMacDonald » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:42 am

AAA wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:38 am
Everyone talks about freezing files at the three major credit bureaus, which I've done, but apparently there is another bureau (Innovis) which I had not heard of until now. Can/should one also freeze files there?
Do you want to limit access to your Innovis Credit Report?
https://www.innovis.com/personal/securityFreeze
Best Wishes, | Joe

Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:52 am

Equifax says that both my wife's and my account may be impacted. I have to wait until 9/13 to sign up, but my wife can sign on on 9/10.

Interesting side comment: On Tuesday, my wife attempted to get her free annual credit report for Equifax. She could not receive it on line and was instructed to fill out a form to request it by US Mail. She did (or, rather, I did for her.). I can only wonder if the two instances are connected.
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter which tells what kind of life you have lived---Helen Walton

BigFoot48

Post by BigFoot48 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:59 am

Equifax gave me this message just now when I entered my 6-digit SS number. I'm leaning toward just freezing my credit (and my MIL''s) rather than using the 1-year service, but will await the BH consensus recommendation.

"Thank You
Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.
Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier. "
Last edited by BigFoot48 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired | Two-time in top-10 in Bogleheads S&P500 contest; 12-time loser

sid hartha

Post by sid hartha » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 am

I am starting a company to rate the credit raters. Equifax will not be getting a very good rating.

Sunny Sarkar

Equifax says info stolen. What's my best course of action?

Post by Sunny Sarkar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:11 am

[Thread moved into here, see below (Page 4). -- admin LadyGeek]

The equifaxsecurity2017.com site said that I "have been impacted".

What's my best course of action at this point?

Have enough credit cards, but I'll be shopping for a mortgage around the end of this year.

I'm assuming signing up for credit freeze and credit monitoring are the obvious steps - but there must be some details of other todos and perhaps also a best sequence of what steps to take.

Thanks as always,
Sunny
"Cost matters". "Stay the course". "Press on, regardless". ― John C. Bogle

remomnyc

Re: Equifax says info stolen. What's my best course of action?

Post by remomnyc » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:18 am

Sticky.

Equifax is offering free identity theft protection and credit monitoring. If I my credit reports are frozen, do I need to enroll in this?

fposte

Post by fposte » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:30 am

TheTimeLord wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Actually it isn't totally clear to me if the people being given dates are actually compromised. Using their site I have seen 3 responses returned to people:
Well, that's interesting, especially since they basically say "go to this website to find out if you're compromised," so it's extra-annoying if they're not actually telling.

Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 am

sid hartha wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 am
I am starting a company to rate the credit raters. Equifax will not be getting a very good rating.
I cannot give Equifax a good rating, not necessarily for this particular instance, but for another several years ago where when my wife requested her free Equifax credit report. In so doing, she found that her records were co-joined with another person with the same name in another state. That report included BOTH SS numbers. It was a mess to get that one cleared up, but it was. That should not be possible with a well run company.

This instance shows that everyone should receive their annual credit reports from all 3 agencies every year.

EDIT. And now this
Equifax executives sold stock after data breach, before informing public http://www.marketwatch.com/story/equifa ... op_stories
Last edited by Sheepdog on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter which tells what kind of life you have lived---Helen Walton

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:36 am

fposte wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:30 am
TheTimeLord wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Well, that's interesting, especially since they basically say "go to this website to find out if you're compromised," so it's extra-annoying if they're not actually telling.
More annoying if you then call their customer service reps who tell you no you have to go sign up enter all your information then we will mail you a notice if you were compromised. They seem unbelievable unprepared for something they have known about for awhile now.
IMHO, Investing should be about living the life you want, not avoiding the life you fear. | Run, You Clever Boy! [9085]

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:38 am

Sheepdog wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 am
sid hartha wrote:
I cannot give Equifax a good rating, not necessarily for this particular instance, but for another several years ago where when my wife requested her free Equifax credit report. In so doing, she found that her records were co-joined with another person with the same name in another state. That report included BOTH SS numbers. It was a mess to get that one cleared up, but it was. That should not be possible with a well run company.

This instance shows that everyone should receive their annual credit reports from all 3 agencies every year.
Apparently the new world order is going to be freeze your credit, monitor credit reports quarterly and the search for better 2 factor security solutions. Can't say I didn't expect this to eventually happen in the future just thought it was 5 or 10 years off.

triceratop

Post by triceratop » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 am

By enrolling in TrustedID you waive your right to a class action suit, either in court or in arbitration. It limits you to individual arbitration. Read the terms and conditions (interestingly the terms and conditions are dated Sept 6 2017 -- I wonder when that clause was added)
"To play the stock market is to play musical chairs under the chord progression of a bid-ask spread."

bberris

Post by bberris » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:47 am

sid hartha wrote:
But you have to give them high marks for waiting 9 weeks to release the news.

Da5id

Post by Da5id » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am

triceratop wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 am
By enrolling in TrustedID you waive your right to a class action suit, either in court or in arbitration. It limits you to individual arbitration. Read the terms and conditions (interestingly the terms and conditions are dated Sept 6 2017 -- I wonder when that clause was added)
I generally feel like the lawyers are the only winner in the vast majority class action suits. Class members tend to get a coupon or a few dollars. But yes, that is an interesting find.

Eureka

Post by Eureka » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am

triceratop wrote:
Would that waive your litigation rights for the Equifax data breach or just for failure of their subsidiary to adequately monitor your credit?

Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 am

bberris wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:47 am
sid hartha wrote:
Just in;
Equifax executives sold stock after data breach, before informing public http://www.marketwatch.com/story/equifa ... op_stories

triceratop

Post by triceratop » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 am

Da5id wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am
triceratop wrote:
I generally feel like the lawyers are the only winner in the vast majority class action suits. Class members tend to get a coupon or a few dollars. But yes, that is an interesting find.
Even so, I doubt that clause is present to protect their customers' interests. ;)

As for applying only to the protection service that you are signing up for, I don't know for sure. It looks broader than that given the retroactive waiving they make you agree to (what claim could you have prior to your signing up for the service if indeed limited to the service). But I am not a lawyer. I just read the terms and conditions.
"To play the stock market is to play musical chairs under the chord progression of a bid-ask spread."

TheTimeLord

Post by TheTimeLord » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 am

Sheepdog wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 am
bberris wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:47 am
sid hartha wrote:
Just in;
This was out there, apparently sale was not that long after breach discovered and company claiming the execs involved were not aware. If the amount of money involved is the $1.8 million (over 4 execs) I have seen reported I am inclined to believe them because you would have to be total moron the risk having the Feds make an example of you for that sum.

nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 am

Their website says I may have been affected and that "your enrollment date for Trusted ID Premier is [a future date]. Please be sure to mark your calendar as you will not receive additional reminders. On or after your enrollment date, please return to faq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process." Grand.

I froze my Equifax account some time ago, but I guess that only protects me against attempt to get credit in my name. The d**ned website says
The information accessed primarily includes names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses and, in some instances, driver’s license numbers. In addition, credit card numbers for approximately 209,000 U.S. consumers, and certain dispute documents with personal identifying information for approximately 182,000 U.S. consumers, were accessed.
So that sounds like a decent-sized identity theft risk.

What hurts about this is that I never really had the opportunity not to have an Equifax account (unless I'd decided not to get my first MasterCharge card in 1967 and had chosen to lead a cash-only life for the last fifty years).
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

H-Town

Post by H-Town » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 am

I'm wondering about this myself. 143 million is a great scale. Why on earth did they not encrypt those information? Losing name, SSN, credit card numbers, and other info? It's negligence and the company should pay for it!

The C-suite at Equifax also sold their shares after they know about the breach and before the information could reach the public. Is this insider trading?

Pajamas

Post by Pajamas » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:16 am

thangngo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 am
The C-suite at Equifax also sold their shares after they know about the breach and before the information could reach the public. Is this insider trading?
Certainly would appear to be, at least based on the limited information that is currently public.

KlangFool

Post by KlangFool » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:18 am

Folks,

Both I and my wife are affected. So, any recommendation as to what I should do?

A) Credit freeze?

B) Sign up for credit monitoring?

Thanks.

KlangFool

triceratop

Post by triceratop » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:24 am

KlangFool wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:18 am
Folks,

A) Credit freeze?

Thanks.

KlangFool
I will not be signing up just yet. I value my ability to have the right to punish the corporation in court in the form of a lawsuit higher than my personal exposure to identity theft. Opinions likely differ on this; that's just me.

Material Guy

Post by Material Guy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:25 am

Simple question that does not seem to have been addressed anywhere:
Why was the information on the Equifax servers NOT ENCRYPTED?

jadedfalcons

Post by jadedfalcons » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:26 am

Can you help me? I'm not very good with numbers. Which is bigger, 42 or 27?

GO CHIEFS! :D

DaftInvestor wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 pm
TimeRunner wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:24 pm
DaftInvestor wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:18 pm
I called their phone number 3 times now. They say wait for next available agent but after 5 minutes they say all agents are busy, please call back later, and hang up. Happens in 5 minutes each time.
Nice customer service.
Did you seriously think you were going to be able to get through to them, and then have them actually be able to assist you? They are probably contracting with overseas call centers right now to bring on extra hands who will be polite but clueless. I would avoid calling and instead freeze your credit at the Big Three (Experian, Equifax, Transunion). Even if you spend $45 or $60 to do that (depending on where you live), that's something actionable you can do today. (I also wrote my Senators, House Member, and local State Senator about legislating free credit report freezes.) Good luck to us all.
I did finally get through. Temp employee - couldn't tell me anything other than read me information that was already in thd press announcement and tell me the services that the monitoring service would provide as if that would make me happy. I did tell them their tool was broken. I thought they may have had the power to at least look me up and see what list I was on but nope.
Anyway- nothing wasted nothing gained - sitting on hold while watching football is no skin off my back (go Patriots).

Rupert

Post by Rupert » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:27 am

KlangFool wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:18 am
Folks,

A) Credit freeze?

Thanks.

KlangFool
Freeze your credit. Everyone should just do that and be done with it. Signing up for credit monitoring is like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound at this point. This is also a great time to contact your elected representatives and ask for legislation preventing the credit bureaus from charging you to freeze/unfreeze your credit files.

lthenderson

Post by lthenderson » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:28 am

Sunny Sarkar wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:11 am
What's my best course of action at this point? I'm assuming signing up for credit freeze and credit monitoring are the obvious steps - but there must be some details of other todos and perhaps also a best sequence of what steps to take.
I froze my credit, monitor my credit card bills religiously and file my taxes as early as possible, especially if expecting a refund.

DaftInvestor

Post by DaftInvestor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:28 am

As mentioned above - you should also do a freeze with Innovis (the 4th agency):
https://www.innovis.com/personal/securityFreeze

Incidentally - Innovis is the only one that didn't charge me to do a freeze. Even Equifax (who is the one that had the breach leading me to decide to do the freezes) charged me. Equifax should be waiving the fee - unbelievable. (NOTE: fees vary by state with some waiving of fees if you are over 65 in some states).

playmisty

Post by playmisty » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:28 am

MysticalMoose wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 am
playmisty wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:32 pm
Well, my elected official is Elizabeth Warren, so she'll probably have more than enough to say for the both of us.

Is there anything we can do aside from freezing our credit? Credit is usually what thieves go after but there's a lot more that someone can do with your name, SSN, address, and drivers license number....
I don't doubt that she will. Hopefully there are beneficial steps taken from this..

As for what else to do, given the scope of the breach, I would guess that the recent years' tax return frauds will only escalate. Maybe try and file your taxes as quickly as possible? Maybe the IRS will come up with a new verification method for filing taxes?

rickberg

Post by rickberg » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 am

Enrolling into their free monitoring will exclude you from any future class action lawsuits.

ved

Post by ved » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 am

Pajamas wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:16 am
thangngo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 am
Certainly would appear to be, at least based on the limited information that is currently public.
Executives / officers of publicly traded companies have to disclose their share purchases/sale plans to SEC in advance. So, if this was part of their scheduled transactions, it may not be nefarious. Though, they should have seen how bad the optics would be and cancelled those transactions (if they are allowed to do it).