Anyone used EverBank for home mortgage?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
wanderlust14

Anyone used EverBank for home mortgage?

Postby wanderlust14 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:25 pm

EverBank seems to have the best combination of low interest rates and minimal fees (total all-in cost) per Bankrate.com comparison. Just wondering if anyone has used them or has personal experience. Thanks.

Pajamas

Re: Anyone used EverBank for home mortgage?

Postby Pajamas » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:28 pm

I haven't used them for a mortgage but have been very pleased with them for checking for over a decade now. All the usual precautions in choosing a lender should apply, such as whether or not they will sell your mortgage and to whom.

You may not know that TIAA just bought Everbank for $2.5 billion.

https://about.everbank/news/tiaa

United2008

Postby United2008 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:34 pm

We used EverBank for a purchase money, primary mortgage about 2.5 years ago (before acquired by TIAA). Their rate and closing costs were competitive, but their primary competitive advantage was that they could commit to a two week closing period. In the end they missed the two week commitment by 1 day, which wasn't a big deal. They were very apologetic and refunded something like half of the lender fee to us. The loan officer that we worked with has since joined a new shop; I don't know if that was connected to the TIAA acquisition or not.

Doom&Gloom

Postby Doom&Gloom » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:48 pm

They did not originate my mortgage, but they purchased it. As I was nearing having the loan paid off, I was a bit antsy as I had no other knowledge of them. However, just prior to my final payments, they answered all my questions via telephone, and when the mortgage was paid off everything went as smooth as silk.

tylerherman

Postby tylerherman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:43 am

I got a home loan through them. Shortish closing time and no real issues.

ruskoolie

Postby ruskoolie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:49 pm

I own multiple properties and have multiple mortgages with several banks. They were by far the easiest. Their online payment system is very simple too. No hiccups yet. I plan to use them for all of my SFH purchases for a long time.

CurlyDave

Postby CurlyDave » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:26 pm

I had them for a while on a rental property. No real issues, nothing stands out as being good or bad.

Check out Quicken Loans, who I have for 3 rental properties right now. Easy to deal with. I personally would pay a few extra $ per month to have Quicken on any future loans.

Return to “Personal Finance (Not Investing)”