See Rebalancing Utility Version 2 post below
I put together an Excel Utility to help me, my DW and DD understand how to perform a number of key activities during retirement. It is designed to align the Portfolio to the Tax Efficient Placement of Funds.
- - Re-balance between Equities, Bonds, and Cash to meet our target Asset Allocation
- Roth Conversion - what assets to Sell or move In-Kind and where to move them
- RMD Distribution - what assets to Sell or move In-Kind and where to move them
- Fund Expenses - what assets to Sell and where to move the Cash
- QCDs - what assets to Sell or move In-Kind
- - IRA/401K (Tax Deferred)
- Roth (Tax Advantaged)
- - Equities
There is a large Button - Perform the Magic which invokes an Excel Macro to perform the function requested.
A couple of quick tips:
- This can easily be hooked into an Asset Tracking spreadsheet to automatically gather the current actuals and Asset Allocations which greatly simplifies the process.
- It is a great tool to help illustrate some key Retirement concepts to your Significant-Other if they aren't as financially savvy or interested.
Entry Screen Enter fields in Purple
You are welcome to download and use this utility if you like Re-Balance V1.
**Note: This utility does depend on an custom set of Excel Macros and you will have to Enable this in Excel
I am very interested in your feedback:
- 1. Is it Easy to Use?
2. Did it work as you expected?
3. Will you make use of this again?
4. What should I add in the next version?
Feel free to Private Message me with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
I hope you find this useful! It's now part of my Retirement toolset.