TurboTax different versions and included forms

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
samtex

TurboTax different versions and included forms

Post by samtex » Fri May 19, 2017 3:39 pm

After reading through the TurboTax website, it says: "The desktop products (all versions) can all handle the same forms but differ mainly in the amount of help and guidance." Are they using the term "form" interchangeably with the words "schedule" and "form"?

I do not need to do a state return, only federal. I am thinking that next year I may do my own return, after using my CPA for over 30 years. I am retired and do not expect any significant changes in the future. I have a small internet business, so I will still need to file a schedule C and a few others. I always did an initial schedule C etc. before handing over the raw numbers to him, so I have a pretty good amount of practice over the past 30+ years. I would guess the questions that TurboTax requests is pretty much like the form my CPA had me fill out yearly. I was thinking the basic or deluxe version.

I need to check to see if his fee will decrease since I am no longer signed up with the ACA. His fee seemed to have taken a jump when I was signed up with it.

Samtex

BolderBoy

Re: TurboTax different versions and included forms

Post by BolderBoy » Fri May 19, 2017 7:55 pm

samtex wrote:After reading through the TurboTax website, it says: "The desktop products (all versions) can all handle the same forms but differ mainly in the amount of help and guidance." Are they using the term "form" interchangeably with the words "schedule" and "form"?

Yes, probably. I tend to use whichever version Costco carries each year - Deluxe I think. I used Schedule C, D, E and other associated forms.
“Where you stand, depends on where you sit” - Rufus Miles | "Never underestimate one's capacity to overestimate one's abilities"