Bank Bonus Master List

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
giesen5

Bank Bonus Master List

Post by giesen5 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:10 pm

I did a quick search and did not see a place to gather all bank bonus opportunities. Website I use is doctorofcredit.com

Here is the most recent one. $200.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/bmo-harri ... ionwide-2/

giesen5

Re: Bank Bonus Master List

Post by giesen5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Anyone have any luck with the BMO Harris bonus? Wondering if Cap One works as DD for the bonus.

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:14 pm

I am the proud owner of $200 worth of BMO bonus money. I don't think I will do that again. I completed the requirements and they didn't pay it on time.
I had to call them repeatedly waiting "10 business days" between each call. Each time I politely recanted the whole situation and then they agreed and assured me it would be deposited within 10 business days. On my third and what was to be my final call before I contacted the regulators, suddenly I had my money. I was also a shareholder at the time, and decided to sell all my shares. I had a nice gain anyway.

Carl262

Post by Carl262 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:22 pm

My wife and I each received our $200 bonus from BMO Harris with no issues.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 pm

whodidntante wrote:I am the proud owner of $200 worth of BMO bonus money. I don't think I will do that again. I completed the requirements and they didn't pay it on time.
I had to call them repeatedly waiting "10 business days" between each call. Each time I politely recanted the whole situation and then they agreed and assured me it would be deposited within 10 business days. On my third and what was to be my final call before I contacted the regulators, suddenly I had my money. I was also a shareholder at the time, and decided to sell all my shares. I had a nice gain anyway.

What kind of DD did you use?

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 pm

giesen5 wrote:
whodidntante wrote:I am the proud owner of $200 worth of BMO bonus money. I don't think I will do that again. I completed the requirements and they didn't pay it on time.

What kind of DD did you use?

Payroll

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Ahhh, the pure legit way.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:58 pm

Other good bonuses currently available:

$300 Chase Checking: https://www.chase.com/checking/offer/q1 ... 0000019255

$200 Capital One Money Market: https://www.capitalone.com/bank/strong200/

And a bunch of other ones depending on what state you are in. If you are in the midwest or east, there are some good ones out there. I am in the PNW, kinda quiet right now.

Post by 2015 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 am

TheGreyingDuke

Post by TheGreyingDuke » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Up to $400 ( for greater than $300k) at: https://bankoncit.com/savenow-direct/

No nonsense with direct deposits, debit card use or the likely.

$250 for greater than $100k
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." H.G. Wells

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:35 am

Capital One 360 checking bonus ($400) says it is targeted, but people are getting the bonus even if not targeted. I am one of those.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted- ... ing-bonus/

JGoneRiding

Post by JGoneRiding » Wed May 17, 2017 9:39 am

I can sadly report that if you do not have the option of direct transfer (we don't) of either a paycheck, or government check (SS etc) that the Chase bonus will not work. Very disappointed :?

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:58 am

JGoneRiding wrote:I can sadly report that if you do not have the option of direct transfer (we don't) of either a paycheck, or government check (SS etc) that the Chase bonus will not work. Very disappointed :?

I'm confused about what you mean. I did the Chase bonus transferring money from Wells Fargo, not a paycheck or government check.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Anyone have any insight into which banks to keep versus which to close?

The three that I am struggling with are Wells Fargo, Chase and Capital One. It seems that Capital One is more likely to be accepted for direct deposits to count for bonuses at other banks, but I am not 100% sure on this.

I also have Santander and BMO Harris, but will be closing them out as soon as I am able.

What do you think of the other three? Which one (or two?) is best to keep?

need403bhelp

Post by need403bhelp » Wed May 24, 2017 3:19 pm

giesen5 wrote:Anyone have any insight into which banks to keep versus which to close?

The three that I am struggling with are Wells Fargo, Chase and Capital One. It seems that Capital One is more likely to be accepted for direct deposits to count for bonuses at other banks, but I am not 100% sure on this.

I also have Santander and BMO Harris, but will be closing them out as soon as I am able.

The Chase $500 checking + savings bonus can be done annually and by far has been the easiest bonus I have done (everything "just works"; no nagging customer service, etc). You are ineligible if you have a personal Chase checking or savings account (I believe for each bonus type, respectively).

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:22 pm

I'm waiting for my BMO Harris bonus...2nd DD posted on 4/12. Other than that I'm doing my best to close down everything that's currently open. I had over 40 checking accounts at one point it just got unmanageable.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Jags4186 wrote:I'm waiting for my BMO Harris bonus...2nd DD posted on 4/12. Other than that I'm doing my best to close down everything that's currently open. I had over 40 checking accounts at one point it just got unmanageable.

Did you do the M&T bonus churn?

Any how much money did you make on 40 accounts? Must be at least $8k?

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:32 pm

giesen5 wrote:
Jags4186 wrote:I'm waiting for my BMO Harris bonus...2nd DD posted on 4/12. Other than that I'm doing my best to close down everything that's currently open. I had over 40 checking accounts at one point it just got unmanageable.

Over $10k there have been some nice $300-$400 bonuses in there. I don't open anything for less than $200.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Jags4186 wrote:
giesen5 wrote:

Over $10k there have been some nice $300-$400 bonuses in there. I don't open anything for less than $200.

Same with me, only $200+.

fareastwarriors

Post by fareastwarriors » Wed May 24, 2017 6:34 pm

need403bhelp wrote:
giesen5 wrote:Anyone have any insight into which banks to keep versus which to close?

The Chase $500 checking + savings bonus can be done annually and by far has been the easiest bonus I have done (everything "just works"; no nagging customer service, etc). You are ineligible if you have a personal Chase checking or savings account (I believe for each bonus type, respectively).

Are you saying I need to close both checking + saving accounts in order to go after this promo again? I can 't just close a savings account and then in year or so, apply just for new savings account for bonus?

need403bhelp

Post by need403bhelp » Wed May 24, 2017 7:00 pm

fareastwarriors wrote:
need403bhelp wrote:

Are you saying I need to close both checking + saving accounts in order to go after this promo again? I can 't just close a savings account and then in year or so, apply just for new savings account for bonus?

No. If you want $200 savings bonus just close savings for 90 days. I believe you can only do it once per calendar year. You tie up $15000 for 90 days to get bonus.

JGoneRiding

Post by JGoneRiding » Wed May 24, 2017 8:11 pm

giesen5 wrote:
JGoneRiding wrote:I can sadly report that if you do not have the option of direct transfer (we don't) of either a paycheck, or government check (SS etc) that the Chase bonus will not work. Very disappointed :?

I'm confused about what you mean. I did the Chase bonus transferring money from Wells Fargo, not a paycheck or government check.

Did you get the bonus?? I did not doing a similar transfer that satisfied the requirement for the fee for checking acct. It was an ACH push from an outside bank but no bonus :?

In Chase defense fine print does clearly state that you need a direct deposit from either government or paycheck. And i knew that

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:47 pm

JGoneRiding wrote:
giesen5 wrote:

Did you get the bonus?? I did not doing a similar transfer that satisfied the requirement for the fee for checking acct. It was an ACH push from an outside bank but no bonus :?

In Chase defense fine print does clearly state that you need a direct deposit from either government or paycheck. And i knew that

Yes, did not do govmt or paycheck. Did Wells Fargo and got the bonus. Don't believe everything you read about direct deposits....

fareastwarriors

Post by fareastwarriors » Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 pm

need403bhelp wrote:
fareastwarriors wrote:
need403bhelp wrote:

No. If you want $200 savings bonus just close savings for 90 days. I believe you can only do it once per calendar year. You tie up $15000 for 90 days to get bonus.

Okay, thank you.

JGoneRiding

Post by JGoneRiding » Thu May 25, 2017 10:04 pm

giesen5 wrote:
JGoneRiding wrote:
giesen5 wrote:

Yes, did not do govmt or paycheck. Did Wells Fargo and got the bonus. Don't believe everything you read about direct deposits....

except I did it in the exact manner you describe and did NOT receive the bonus, I don't think there is an appeal process :happy

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:47 pm

JGoneRiding wrote:
giesen5 wrote:
JGoneRiding wrote:
giesen5 wrote:

except I did it in the exact manner you describe and did NOT receive the bonus, I don't think there is an appeal process :happy

That is so weird! I am going to go back and look to make sure I am not lying to you.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 am

giesen5 wrote:
JGoneRiding wrote:
giesen5 wrote:
JGoneRiding wrote:
giesen5 wrote:

That is so weird! I am going to go back and look to make sure I am not lying to you.

Just checked - it was Wells Fargo that triggered it - DDA to DDA.

jay22

Post by jay22 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 am

Any CA or TX residents here? I am opening a Premier America account and can give a referral for the bonus if someone wants it.

http://www.moneysmylife.com/premier-ame ... ion-bonus/

Please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

gvsucavie03

Post by gvsucavie03 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Delete
Last edited by gvsucavie03 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gvsucavie03

Post by gvsucavie03 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Check out http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/best-bank-bonuses-deals/

This is a fairly comprehensive list. Doctor of Credit has fantastic data on how to satisfy direct deposit requirements if you don't have it at work. Worked for me a few times already. Over $5,500 in bank bonuses since April of last year.