Recent experience selling property with Redfin

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
BashDash

Recent experience selling property with Redfin

Postby BashDash » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks all with the help with the thread regarding our rental condo. Looking into Redfin and was wondering if anyone had any positive or negative experiences with Redfin. Being that they are a discount broker i am assuming they would be our lowest commission since we are trying to cut costs. Would a full service broker match them? We are in a HCOL suburban area of NYC. Thanks.
Last edited by BashDash on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Outafter20

Re: Recent experience selling property with Redfin

Postby Outafter20 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 pm

I used Redfin a few years ago to sell my house in NY. It was a very pleasant experience. No complaints.

earlgrey

Postby earlgrey » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Currently have my property in DC listed with Redfin. Went with them due to only charging 1% seller commission in DC (I presume they are trying to gain market share here). This is our first time on the sell-side and we have nothing but good things to say about them. Not sure what a full service brokerage could have done differently (Redfin includes photography, a 3D scan of the home, and marketing in their price in addition to representing you on the transaction) and we're glad to keep more of the proceeds after the sale.

BashDash

Postby BashDash » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 am

Thanks for the replies. Wow 1% sounds great. Not sure if that would be the same in this area but good to know. Thanks!

orangecrushv

Postby orangecrushv » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:24 am

Bought 2 houses and sold 2 houses in the Dallas area with Redfin. Recommend them to everyone in the market...

orca91

Postby orca91 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:26 am

I went with Redfin last year to sell and buy a house. Great experience with them on the selling and buying side. They were very professional and seemingly always available for contact and questions. I honestly don't have a bad thing to say about them. I would use them again for sure.

BashDash

Postby BashDash » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 pm

I'll be making a phone call today to find out some more details. Thanks! What was the percentage charged for commission on the sell side? Thanks!

Return to “Personal Finance (Not Investing)”