Chase $500 Bonus For New Checking/Savings Accounts - Worth It?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
biscuit

Chase $500 Bonus For New Checking/Savings Accounts - Worth It?

Post by biscuit » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 pm

To start with, I have never had an account with Chase. Recently I received $500 bonus offer in mail for opening new checking/savings accounts.

The promo is, I will get $300 after opening checking account + direct deposit. Additional $200 if I open savings account and maintain $15,000 in the account within 10 business days of opening the account for 90 business days.

I have not explored these kind of promos before and not sure if it's worth the try. Below are my questions:

1. Will it affect my credit history if I close the account after 90 days (after getting all the $500)? (might be a basic question. But i'm not too familiar with credit scores)
2. Anyone has experience using these kinds of promos? Would you recommend it?
3. How easy it is to open/close the account?

TIA!

patrick

Re: Chase $500 Bonus For New Checking/Savings Accounts - Worth It?

Post by patrick » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:42 pm

1. The usual credit report only deals with credit cards and other kinds of debt, so it won't be affected. There is however another "famous" credit reporting agency called ChexSystems which reports about checking accounts, but just opening and closing accounts won't be much of a problem.

2/3. I got the Chase checking bonus a while back, and got bonuses from a TD and Capital One this year. I had no problems with Chase or Capital One, but with TD they somehow didn't process the initial deposit so I had to call a couple of times and wait a couple of hours on the phone listening to a recording about how they are the most convenient bank.
Last edited by patrick on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

robertmcd

Post by robertmcd » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:42 pm

I recently did this, mainly because I was wanting to establish a relationship with chase and get 15k in a savings so they would give me a credit card with limited history. After waiting in line at the branch for 30 min, talking with the banker for an hour to set it up I got it done. However, you have to keep $300 in the savings account to keep it open without fees for 6 months to keep the $200 bonus. I also had to get on the phone with ally and chase at the same time because my 15k transfer was denied by Chase for whatever stupid reason. There is also the effort of switching direct deposit from my employer. After all this I would say it was worth it for me because I planned on staying with Chase and having one account for my checking and credit card. But it was a bit more effort than I expected, and keep in mind the bonus is taxed at your income rate.

jmg229

Post by jmg229 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:45 pm

We did this this summer. The checking was easy. The savings was a pain. They required at the time $15000 in the savings within 10 business days, but locked the account every time I tried to ACH money into it (>a couple thousand, new account hits their fraud warning). I needed to call them, have them call my bank and show that I had the money, then they would lift the freeze and try again, sometimes freezing again for the same transaction. In all, it took me 6 tries to get $15k in. A bigger pain than it was worth, IMO.

biscuit

Post by biscuit » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Thanks for the responses. Guess, I'm going to give it a try.

By the way, how do you typically find these kind of promotions? I never bothered to look at them before and now that I'm willing to try these, I'd like to know where I can find them.

alwayshedge

Post by alwayshedge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:27 pm

I actually did the savings promo last week. I went to the branch and it was about a 30 minute process. Relatively painless. I linked up my online money market to the savings and transferred the funds. The Chase banker did try to cross sell me a checking account and was a little annoyed when I refused but he didn't pressure me or anything. Overall, it was worth it. :happy

Nummerkins

Post by Nummerkins » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Did a pair of these for my wife and I 3 months ago. Easy $1,000.

Coinsinthefountain

Post by Coinsinthefountain » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Worked for the wife and me. Got $1,000. Then I got $500 for opening a business checking account.

bearfinance

Post by bearfinance » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:08 am

For qualifying for the $300 bonus, what are the guidelines? Are there any fees associated with any of the accounts? College student here (working) so trying to see if it's worth it for me.

sunny_socal

Post by sunny_socal » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:11 am

Highly recommended. I did it last year, closed the accounts and now I've been waiting through my blackout period. Will do it again in Jan, planning on buying coupon(s) from ebay.

This time I might actually stick with Chase, we moved a few years ago and their branch locations are much more convenient than BofA.

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:26 am

1. It will not affect your credit history. However, you will likely need to keep the Chase accounts open at least six months to avoid fees and a possible clawback of the bonus. I use Google calendar reminders. I've done the Chase bonus and I remember there was an advantage to keeping it open 6 months (avoids account closure fee?), but I don't recall the details.
2. Yes and yes.
3. I wouldn't say easy, but I would say worthwhile. You will spend at least an hour to exploit the offer all things considered (research, travel, etc.) Chase requires you to visit a branch. Not all banks do.

Fully exploiting these bonuses is an exercise in reading comprehension, and your ability to stay organized and do everything required. I usually have a few running at a time (it's what I do with my emergency fund). I consider it a game. The Chase bonus is worth it.

catdude

Post by catdude » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:11 am

I took advantage of the Chase offer 4 or 5 months ago. At the time, I had my checking and savings accounts with an east coast bank, and I'd already made the decision to move them to a bank in this area. So the Chase offer was very timely. I'd say it was worth it. IIRC, I had to spend about 45 minutes in the local branch with one of their bankers, getting everything set up. My recollection is that she tried to do a bit of upselling -- I can't remember if it was investments or home equity loans or whatever. I just indicated that I wasn't interested, and she didn't press the issue.

I say go for it.
catdude | | All generalizations are false, including this one.

runner3081

Post by runner3081 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:19 am

Did the savings $300 earlier this year. Very easy. It took about 15 minutes to set it up, I handed over a check for $15K and waited. The bonus came right on time.

I pulled the 15K after the required time period and only left the minimum to avoid a fee. Closed it after the 6-month period and am awaiting my next offer to do it all again!

Carl53

Post by Carl53 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:36 am

I've done the savings promo twice about 15 months apart. Took about 30 minutes on the front end to chat with the banker and the same on the end. Same guy both times I closed it and one of the opening times. He got it that I would not be sticking with them unless they made it worth my while. Both times I funded it with a check. The first time I reduced the balance to $300 after 90 days but did not bother this time. Waited a couple of days past the 6 months went in to the bank and walked out with a check.

I did not do the checking as I did not want to deal with it. Recently I moved the $15k to TIAA Cref for a similar savings account promo. $250 but I think the entire $15k has to stay on deposit the whole 6 months. They had a ten day clock beginning the day of application to get the money in via ACH. I did it over the Thanksgiving holiday and barely made it. Everything they do has a ten business day clock, you get a calendar clock for your actions.

cutehumor

Post by cutehumor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:47 am

so this has to be done in person at a chase branch? I checked online, there is not a chase branch in Nashville, TN. I have to go 81 miles to Bowling Green, KY.

mikep

Post by mikep » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 pm

I would only do this after I've gotten every $500 bonus for churning every credit card. Credit card rebates are non taxable, bank accounts are and are more of a hassle.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:32 pm

I do it every year. It's easy peasy money.

This year between my wife and I we received about $6000 in bank bonuses.

chemocean

Post by chemocean » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:11 pm

I agree that this promo is easy money. Beside what was said about the time in the branch by others, another issue is the one required direct deposit for the checking account. If you have on-line control of your direct deposit payment, don't allow the bank to issue a paper direct deposit form to your employer. I routinely take advantage of these offers, and so I set most of my paycheck as an allotment to my main checking account. Therefore, my "direct deposit" of my paycheck is small. The good part about the Chase offer is that it requires only one direct deposit with no minimum. I stop the one direct deposit on-line to Chase after one payment.
The issue with the $15000 transfer for the savings account with ACH is there is a $10,000 limit that requires additional security by federal law. Once you have verified the ACH transfer between Chase and the bank holding the $15K, make two $7500 ACHs on two different days.

Then withdrawal the funds from the savings account after 90 days after the final ACH leaving the $300 required in savings and transfer enough to checking so that your balance is $1500 to avoid the $25 monthly service fee. After six months close both accounts.

Watty

Post by Watty » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:26 pm

I did this with them about five years ago to get a $300 bonus.

I forgot about it when I did my taxes the next year and for some reason they didn't send me the 1099 until late in March which was long after I had filed my taxes. I did an amended tax return to add that $300 dollars.

DTSC

Post by DTSC » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:34 pm

Absolutely worth it. Nothing better than making money for sitting on my a$$.

I did this earlier this year. After 6 months, I move the $15,000 to Citibank and got another $400.

dfwjoel

Post by dfwjoel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Jags4186 wrote:I do it every year. It's easy peasy money.

This year between my wife and I we received about $6000 in bank bonuses.
We do it every year, too. The banker sees that you've had an account in the past, too, but they don't care. I presume they get credit for opening an account anyway. I do a lot of these bonuses and Chase pays automatically without me having to call and fuss.

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:00 am

chemocean wrote: The issue with the $15000 transfer for the savings account with ACH is there is a $10,000 limit that requires additional security by federal law. Once you have verified the ACH transfer between Chase and the bank holding the $15K, make two $7500 ACHs on two different days.
I think the $10k limit is a Chase thing, not a fed thing. I have four accounts where I can ACH much more than 10k in a day. I've actually done it with three of them.

Dandy

Post by Dandy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:38 am

If you go through the hoops you will get the bonus. I did it once and it worked fine.

Realize of course your Chase savings account earns practically nothing vs an online bank paying 1% or more and you might not get any interest on the Chase checking account when you could get a 1/2% or more elsewhere.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:56 am

I generally prefer brokerage bonuses, because you don't need to mess with holding a lump of cash or doing the direct deposit/ACH. However, to get a similar level of bonus you'd need 100k or more in assets to transfer, so it's better for those that level of holdings.

I generally don't bother with bank bonuses because I don't keep much cash. This one wouldn't be too bad for the $300 in just checking, but the requirement for in-person signup is a non-starter. There aren't any Chase branches in the area.
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Ron Ronnerson

Post by Ron Ronnerson » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:09 pm

I used to do Chase offers for both checking and savings a few years back when the terms were more favorable. Chase has added some additional hoops and, for me, the checking and savings bonuses are no longer worth it.

For the checking bonus, direct deposit didn't use to be a requirement. All that was needed was a small minimum deposit to get the bonus. I work for a school district and to make changes to my direct deposit, I'd have to go to the district office and fill out paperwork in person and then change everything back when I am ready to close the account. This would be in addition to visiting the Chase branch twice (once to open and once to close the account).

For the savings bonus, the old terms said that most of the money could be transferred out after 10 days and you could still earn the bonus. They've changed their requirements to keeping $15k for 90 days. To be on the safe side, I'd keep $15k in there for an extra month or so. The lost interest for four months on $15k is equal to $100 (I get a rate of 2.01% at my credit union) so the Chase bonus would go down to $100 from $200. Then I'd pay 38% in taxes on this $100 (25% federal, 8% state, 5% phase out for child tax credit) and net $62 for two visits to a Chase branch (to open and close the account). That isn't enough to make it worthwhile for me.

My wife and I have opened Chase credit cards (United Explorer, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Chase Sapphire Reserve) and accumulated about 500k points/miles in the last couple of years. Our credit scores are unaffected and remain in the 800s. These points are worth quite a bit more than what we'd get post-tax on the checking/savings bonuses. The credit card bonuses were much easier to earn as well (no visits to branches, no direct deposits, no losing interest on funds that are tied up, and no taxes). We also transfer brokerage balances (particularly in Roth accounts) for bonuses.

Carefully run the numbers to see if the offer is worthwhile after accounting for things like taxes and lost interest that could be earned if the funds were elsewhere. For many people, direct deposit is easy to set up. If you don't fall into that category, that could factor into the decision as well.

finagle

Post by finagle » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:26 pm

DTSC wrote:Absolutely worth it. Nothing better than making money for sitting on my a$$.

I did this earlier this year. After 6 months, I move the $15,000 to Citibank and got another $400.
Were you able to doit online? I had to go into a branch and swelter in a no-privacy cubicle while the banker tried to upsell me a premium account and grilled me on my finances.

Then had to go into the bank to close the account. The will ask why- I just acted ditzy and said I'm getting married so will let hubby make financial decisions. LOL

segfault

Post by segfault » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:30 pm

finagle wrote:Were you able to doit online? I had to go into a branch and swelter in a no-privacy cubicle while the banker tried to upsell me a premium account and grilled me on my finances.
Same here. The banker was nice but I was uncomfortable being grilled about how many other accounts I have at other institutions. I stopped answering when he asked how much money I kept in my investment account. It was kind of annoying and I doubt I will do it again when I am eligible next year. I may open one of their credit cards that has (I think) a $150 bonus for spending $500 within 3 months and no annual fee.

fareastwarriors

Post by fareastwarriors » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:15 pm

jmg229 wrote:We did this this summer. The checking was easy. The savings was a pain. They required at the time $15000 in the savings within 10 business days, but locked the account every time I tried to ACH money into it (>a couple thousand, new account hits their fraud warning). I needed to call them, have them call my bank and show that I had the money, then they would lift the freeze and try again, sometimes freezing again for the same transaction. In all, it took me 6 tries to get $15k in. A bigger pain than it was worth, IMO.
Darn, I missed my 10 business day deadline but I did get my checking account bonus...

Raladic

Post by Raladic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:36 pm

I did it this year.
Took about 30 minutes in the branch, I gave him a check for the $15,000 for the savings account and all was good, easy.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:24 pm

An earlier poster asked where to hear of bank bonuses.

Doctorofcredit.com

It is a great blog.

Tritan84

Post by Tritan84 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Just opened my accounts today with Chase to receive the bonus. In reading the fine print about the direct deposits, I see that it says it must be from an employer or government issue (ie, social security). I've seen in the past that an ACH transfer from Wells Fargo and other banks have worked. Can anyone confirm this within the past 2 weeks that may also have had the same fine print???? Personally, I'd like to skip the annoyance of setting up a direct deposit through work and just setup an ACH via Fargo.

Also, does anyone know what the minimum amount of the direct deposit needs to be?

Thank you,
Anthony

JGoneRiding

Post by JGoneRiding » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:31 am

I am trying it right now for the checking. I have no desire to lock up 15k for 3 mos for a lousy $200 but the checking is only locking up to $1500 up. I believe though you have to leave that open for 6mos. You get the bonus after 90 days but they will "claw it back" if you close the acct to soon.

on the direct deposit--I have the same fine print BUT am trying it anyway. The banks ans was "they don't know" as long as it is a good ACH and not some other form it should most likely work. I don't think Chase really meant for it to be that restrictive they just didn't understand being creative. I have no other way to do a direct deposit besides from an ACH from another bank. The banker did say for sure a deposit from like paypal won't work and that it needed to be a push into chase and not a pull. As long as it is coded as an ACH it should most likely work---I will let you know in a couple weeks. The reason I took the risk is my husband has a chase acct and needs that ACH to not pay fees and it works fine on his acct (otherwise I was going to close that acct)

JGoneRiding

Post by JGoneRiding » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:39 am

segfault wrote:
finagle wrote:Were you able to doit online? I had to go into a branch and swelter in a no-privacy cubicle while the banker tried to upsell me a premium account and grilled me on my finances.
Same here. The banker was nice but I was uncomfortable being grilled about how many other accounts I have at other institutions. I stopped answering when he asked how much money I kept in my investment account. It was kind of annoying and I doubt I will do it again when I am eligible next year. I may open one of their credit cards that has (I think) a $150 bonus for spending $500 within 3 months and no annual fee.

I have to say I was kind of rude to the banker because I flat told her twice to go through her requirements fast, that I was only doing it for the bonus and was in fact really fed up with chase because of their fees and hoops and would be closing the acct as soon as I met all requirements (she wasn't happy but did finally see my point and got it done in 1/2 hour vs 1 hour). No i do not think you can do it online.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Tritan84 wrote:Just opened my accounts today with Chase to receive the bonus. In reading the fine print about the direct deposits, I see that it says it must be from an employer or government issue (ie, social security). I've seen in the past that an ACH transfer from Wells Fargo and other banks have worked. Can anyone confirm this within the past 2 weeks that may also have had the same fine print???? Personally, I'd like to skip the annoyance of setting up a direct deposit through work and just setup an ACH via Fargo.

Also, does anyone know what the minimum amount of the direct deposit needs to be?

Thank you,
Anthony
Wells Fargo did the trick for me. Sent money from WF on March 30th, bonus posted April 4th.

protagonist

Post by protagonist » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:45 pm

biscuit wrote:To start with, I have never had an account with Chase. Recently I received $500 bonus offer in mail for opening new checking/savings accounts.

The promo is, I will get $300 after opening checking account + direct deposit. Additional $200 if I open savings account and maintain $15,000 in the account within 10 business days of opening the account for 90 business days.

I have not explored these kind of promos before and not sure if it's worth the try. Below are my questions:

1. Will it affect my credit history if I close the account after 90 days (after getting all the $500)? (might be a basic question. But i'm not too familiar with credit scores)
2. Anyone has experience using these kinds of promos? Would you recommend it?
3. How easy it is to open/close the account?

TIA!
I got this bonus last year.

1. Yes, it is definitely worth the money, and it was not a huge hassle. Where else can you get that sort of return for so little trouble?
2. No worry about your credit score. It will have no impact.
3. Easy to open and close.
4. While you have the account, it may make it easier to bypass the 5/24 rule if you apply for Chase credit cards in person in a branch. Or maybe not. It worked for me.

ND Fan 1

Post by ND Fan 1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Tritan84 wrote:Just opened my accounts today with Chase to receive the bonus. In reading the fine print about the direct deposits, I see that it says it must be from an employer or government issue (ie, social security). I've seen in the past that an ACH transfer from Wells Fargo and other banks have worked. Can anyone confirm this within the past 2 weeks that may also have had the same fine print???? Personally, I'd like to skip the annoyance of setting up a direct deposit through work and just setup an ACH via Fargo.

Thank you,
Anthony
Post from the Doctor of Credit blog, that lists what counts as a direct deposit for each bank

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge ... -deposits/

Reviewing the lists it seems, PayPal and CapitalOne 360 work a decent amount of time, but Ally does not.

ND Fan 1

Post by ND Fan 1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:00 pm

finagle wrote:
DTSC wrote:Absolutely worth it. Nothing better than making money for sitting on my a$$.

Were you able to doit online? I had to go into a branch and swelter in a no-privacy cubicle while the banker tried to upsell me a premium account and grilled me on my finances.

Then had to go into the bank to close the account. The will ask why- I just acted ditzy and said I'm getting married so will let hubby make financial decisions. LOL
Just an FYI, there is a $300 Premier Checking bonus from Chase that you can open online, requires 1 direct deposit

Link to Chase
https://www.chase.com/checking/offer/q1 ... 0000019255
Doctor of Credit Review
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pre ... -online-2/

An online opportunity for this bonus is kind of rare. To avoid the $25 monthly fee you need a minimum of $15K on deposit. But there are data points that after getting the bonus request a downgrade tot eh Total Checking account which only has a $1500 minimum. Since my wife has no interest in going into a bank ever, she will do this one because its online.
Last edited by ND Fan 1 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:16 pm

We did the same thing. I just downgraded my wife's account to Total Checking via secure messaging. Quick and painless. Now only need to ACH $500/month to keep it fee free.

WallStreetPhysician

Post by WallStreetPhysician » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:38 pm

I did the $300 for the checking account bonus. Pretty easy. Don't plan on closing the account any time soon, though.

JGoneRiding

Post by JGoneRiding » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:47 pm

giesen5 wrote:We did the same thing. I just downgraded my wife's account to Total Checking via secure messaging. Quick and painless. Now only need to ACH $500/month to keep it fee free.
Or keep 1500 in it. No need for both.

Pranav

Post by Pranav » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:15 pm

ND Fan 1 wrote:
finagle wrote:

Just an FYI, there is a $300 Premier Checking bonus from Chase that you can open online, requires 1 direct deposit

Link to Chase
https://www.chase.com/checking/offer/q1 ... 0000019255
Doctor of Credit Review
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pre ... -online-2/

An online opportunity for this bonus is kind of rare. To avoid the $25 monthly fee you need a minimum of $15K on deposit. But there are data points that after getting the bonus request a downgrade tot eh Total Checking account which only has a $1500 minimum. Since my wife has no interest in going into a bank ever, she will do this one because its online.
On Chase website, when you I click "Email my coupon", I get "page not found".
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:04 pm

JGoneRiding wrote:
giesen5 wrote:We did the same thing. I just downgraded my wife's account to Total Checking via secure messaging. Quick and painless. Now only need to ACH $500/month to keep it fee free.
Or keep 1500 in it. No need for both.
Yep, I just move the $500 around to different banks each month.

gvsucavie03

Post by gvsucavie03 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm

We did the $300 checking bonus. $1,500 put away for 6 months to avoid monthly fees. Pretty easy, just showed up in person to get it started.

Check out Hustler Money Blog.
Last edited by gvsucavie03 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gvsucavie03

Post by gvsucavie03 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:26 pm

giesen5 wrote:

Thank you,
Anthony
Wells Fargo did the trick for me. Sent money from WF on March 30th, bonus posted April 4th.
WF was stupid easy. Got $250 for both myself and my wife in a matter of days.

gvsucavie03

Post by gvsucavie03 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:35 pm

Last year:
Huntington $200, $350
Fifth Third $200
US Bank $125
Northpointe $50
Discover (NEA) $50
Chase $300
Key Bank $200
Schwab $100
First Federal $150

This year:
Wells Fargo $250, $250
Level One $300
Preferred Credit Union $125
Key Bank $300
My Banking Direct $100
Santander $150

Waiting on BMO Harris $200 currently.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:43 pm

gvsucavie03 wrote:Last year:
Huntington $200, $350
Fifth Third $200
US Bank $125
Northpointe $50
Discover (NEA) $50
Chase $300
Key Bank $200
Schwab $100
First Federal $150

This year:
Wells Fargo $250, $250
Level One $300
Key Bank $300
My Banking Direct $100
Santander $150

Holy smokes! I live in Washington state and salivate seeing all the Midwest Bank options.

You not eligible for Capital One?

gvsucavie03

Post by gvsucavie03 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:55 pm

giesen5 wrote:
Huntington $200, $350
Fifth Third $200
US Bank $125
Northpointe $50
Discover (NEA) $50
Chase $300
Key Bank $200
Schwab $100
First Federal $150

This year:
Wells Fargo $250, $250
Level One $300
Key Bank $300
My Banking Direct $100
Santander $150

Holy smokes! I live in Washington state and salivate seeing all the Midwest Bank options.

I think PA probably has the most. But yes, not too bad in MI.

Capital One bonuses are all targeted. Never got an offer.

giesen5

Post by giesen5 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:25 pm

gvsucavie03 wrote:
giesen5 wrote:
Huntington $200, $350
Fifth Third $200
US Bank $125
Northpointe $50
Discover (NEA) $50
Chase $300
Key Bank $200
Schwab $100
First Federal $150

This year:
Wells Fargo $250, $250
Level One $300
Key Bank $300
My Banking Direct $100
Santander $150

I think PA probably has the most. But yes, not too bad in MI.

Capital One bonuses are all targeted. Never got an offer.
The last one I got was not targeted, do this one: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/capital-o ... deposited/

rudycreat

Post by rudycreat » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:01 am

runner3081 wrote:Did the savings $300 earlier this year. Very easy. It took about 15 minutes to set it up, I handed over a check for $15K and waited. The bonus came right on time.

I pulled the 15K after the required time period and only left the minimum to avoid a fee. Closed it after the 6-month period and am awaiting my next offer to do it all again!
Can do it all again? When closing the account, did you need to visit the branch again?

runner3081

Post by runner3081 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:38 am

rudycreat wrote:
runner3081 wrote:Did the savings $300 earlier this year. Very easy. It took about 15 minutes to set it up, I handed over a check for $15K and waited. The bonus came right on time.

Can do it all again? When closing the account, did you need to visit the branch again?
I did visit the branch, not sure if I had to though. I drive by one on the way home from work.

I can't remember the time frame exactly, but I think you can receive a new bonus every 90 days or 6 months following account closure.