Quicken still using old Intuit User Name?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Nearly A Moose

Quicken still using old Intuit User Name?

Post by Nearly A Moose » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:45 pm

I searched but couldn't find a discussion on this - if I missed it, please feel free to just point me to the topic.

Quicken has made the full transition to its new ownership, right? I just purchased the 2017 version for download, and it asked me to log in using my Intuit credentials, and it worked. I also just double checked, and I can still access TurboTax using those identical credentials.

It struck me as odd that I didn't get some message telling me about the change or asking me to establish a new account or change my Quicken password. Are the Quicken and TurboTax accounts still linked somehow? Did Quicken just silently create a duplicate account for all users? If I change my TurboTax password, does that change my Quicken password? Anyone know?

(Yes, I know I can email Quicken or Intuit customer support, but something tells me this board may be a wee bit clearly and more responsive...)
Pardon typos, I'm probably using my fat thumbs on a tiny phone.

jdouge

Re: Quicken still using old Intuit User Name?

Post by jdouge » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:55 am

Yes, you use the same user name and password. Slightly different login page.

YMMV, but it worked for me.

Nearly A Moose

Re: Quicken still using old Intuit User Name?

Post by Nearly A Moose » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:55 pm

jdouge wrote:Yes, you use the same user name and password. Slightly different login page.

YMMV, but it worked for me.

Thanks, yes, worked for me too, just trying to figure out if the accounts are still somehow linked. I guess I should just try changing my TT password to see if it changes for Quicken too.
Pardon typos, I'm probably using my fat thumbs on a tiny phone.