Fidelity Rewards Visa 2% cash back

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
TxAg

Fidelity Rewards Visa 2% cash back

Post by TxAg » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:31 pm

Anyone use this card? Do you like it?

We have used Chase Freedom (now Unlimited) for the last 8 years. We've been happy with the card, the customer service, and the 1.5% cash back. It is the only cc we have, and we thought it might be wise to have a second.

We are already Fidelity customers so 2% cash back seems like a no brainer. We don't travel much, and I use the card for work, then get reimbursed.

simplesimon

Re: Fidelity Rewards Visa 2% cash back

Post by simplesimon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:35 pm

I use it for almost all my purchases. No problems. Rarely had to use customer service and when I did I had a positive experience.

dbltrbl

Post by dbltrbl » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 pm

No problems at all. Other than needing an eligible fidelity account its all automatic. No jumping through hoops.

harikaried

Post by harikaried » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:58 pm

We have the card but only as a backup on Android Pay. We would definitely use it for all our purchases if we didn't have the grandfathered Priceline Visa, which is a 2% cashback card that has redemption bonuses for Priceline purchases making it a 3.3% cashback card for us.

We used to have the Fidelity 2% AmEx that we used exclusively for Costco purchases/gasoline.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:02 pm

I use this card as my main credit card. I called up customer service with a few questions about the changeover from the Fido Amex card that I had. The CSR was competent, friendly, and answered all my questions to my satisfaction.

I have used this card all over the US in the past month without problems. But it's a credit card and is not supposed to have any problems, so in that regard it is no better and no worse than my other credit cards.
Last edited by livesoft on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

pennstater2005

Post by pennstater2005 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:04 pm

This is my primary credit card as well. It's been a good card with no difficulty redeeming the cash back awards. As a matter of fact it's set up automatically and a week ago I was checking my bank statement online and reward money and been deposited into my account. Nice surprise.
“If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” – Earl Wilson

djheini

Post by djheini » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:27 pm

I had used the Fidelity 2% amex as my primary card, and started using the replacement visa. As others said the rewards redemption is easy into my Fid checking account (my primary day to day account).

I recently started using the Citi Double Cash as my primary card, however, as it still gives the 2% cash back on everything, but seems to have better protection benefits than the Fidelity Visa (and a better website in my experience). I still have bill auto-payments going to the Fidelity Visa, however, to keep it active and as a set it and forget it card.

Big Dutch

Post by Big Dutch » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:47 pm

So far so good here. We've had this card for several months and my first automated point redemption (2% cash) just went through to my Fidelity brokerage account. Very easy. Extra money for withdrawal or taxable investing.

I used to use the Delta Amex but don't travel as much for work these days. Delta Amex has an annual fee and is less widely accepted than the no fee Visa, the Fidelity Visa is an upgrade on both fronts.

~Big Dutch

blaugranamd

Post by blaugranamd » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:04 pm

My primary. Works with Android Pay.
-- Don't mistake more funds for more diversity: Total Int'l + Total Market = 7k to 10k stocks -- | -- Market return does NOT = average nor 50th percentile, rather 80-90th percentile long term ---

1year23

Post by 1year23 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:17 pm

Is the cash back reported as interest ? Do you need to report it when doing your income taxes?

Phineas J. Whoopee

Post by Phineas J. Whoopee » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:28 pm

1year23 wrote:Is the cash back reported as interest ? Do you need to report it when doing your income taxes?
The cash back from cards legally counts as a discount on the original purchase, so no, it isn't taxable income.

It probably isn't an issue any more than a tiny fraction of the time, but there is one tax implication: if you use your cash-back card to buy an item that holds value, then sell it later at a profit, you have to subtract the cash back discount from your cost basis.

I don't know how many of us use our cash-back credit cards to buy mutual funds. The number must be small.

PJW

edge

Post by edge » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:44 pm

Use it. Like it.

arsenalfan

Post by arsenalfan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:53 am

It is great as a primary card for most people.

If BoA is your primary bank and you can park $200k with them in a brokerage or savings, the BoA visa may be better. I used the Elan Fidelity 2% Visa as my primary before the BoA/Merrill Edge Visa. If you have 200k in holdings (could just be index funds parked there), you qualify for credit card rewards >2% (esp on gas/grocery), free trades (don't really use), and waived bank fees on stuff.

midareff

Post by midareff » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:50 am

TxAg wrote:Anyone use this card? Do you like it?

We have used Chase Freedom (now Unlimited) for the last 8 years. We've been happy with the card, the customer service, and the 1.5% cash back. It is the only cc we have, and we thought it might be wise to have a second.

We are already Fidelity customers so 2% cash back seems like a no brainer. We don't travel much, and I use the card for work, then get reimbursed.
I use it for everything that can be put on a card except.. groceries go on the 6% cash back AX Blue Cash Preferred and gas goes on PenFed 5% back cash on gas card. We are retired, we travel... together it's about $2K annual cash back. Not to be overlooked.

IowaFarmBoy

Post by IowaFarmBoy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:20 am

I'm considering it also. How is are the side benefits, like rental car coverage, price guarantees, etc?

AtlasShrugged?

Post by AtlasShrugged? » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:47 am

I just got the Fidelity Visa, with the 2% cashback and the $200 bonus offer. I listed my Roth IRA as the account to deposit reward dollars (hey, every little bit helps, right?).

Question: How does the deposit thing work? Do they do that once annually? Monthly?
Next question: Say you hit the maximum Roth contribution for the year....then what? Do they wait to the next tax year to deposit the money?
“If you don't know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.”

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:56 am

No problems with the card itself, or using it. Only difficulty I've run into is in trying to use Fidelity's "FullView" aggregator, for some reason FullView can't see and connect to the Visa account (which to me seems a bit ludicrous). But other than that, no issues.
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

oldcomputerguy

Post by oldcomputerguy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:59 am

JCE66 wrote:I just got the Fidelity Visa, with the 2% cashback and the $200 bonus offer. I listed my Roth IRA as the account to deposit reward dollars (hey, every little bit helps, right?).
Yep, every little bit helps.
Question: How does the deposit thing work? Do they do that once annually? Monthly?
According to their web site, you can set it up to redeem points automatically when it hits > 5,000 points, or you can initiate the process manually on demand.
Next question: Say you hit the maximum Roth contribution for the year....then what? Do they wait to the next tax year to deposit the money?
That's a question for Fidelity. If it were me, I'd assume (just to be safe) that they wouldn't make any special effort to keep me from over-contributing. They're not the ones who will be in trouble if you exceed the contribution limit, after all.
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

Dleex84

Post by Dleex84 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:40 am

I recieved the $200 offer for spending 2k in 3 months. I have a fidelity 401k but no brokerage.

Will I need to apply for a brokerage account before opening this if i do so? I already have citi double cash...which is pretty much the same rewards.l as fidelity.

david99

Post by david99 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:38 am

I use it for most of my purchases. It's a good card with no annual fee and the $50 gets deposited in your account when you hit 5000 points.

Kenster1

Post by Kenster1 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:26 pm

For Foreign Transaction Fees - this Fidelity Visa card has 1% fees and Citi Double Cash card has 3% fees.

You may not be traveling internationally a lot but still those visits once in a while to Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Caribbean, Europe, etc. can add up with those extra fees.

The Capital One Quicksilver and the Barclaycard Arrival are a couple of examples of no-annual fee cards that do not charge foreign transaction fees. Good options to keep handy where needed for foreign travel - including those who are just crossing the border into Canada.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Any overconfidence in your ability, willingness and need to take risk may be hazardous to your health.

jjbiv

Post by jjbiv » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:26 pm

arsenalfan wrote:It is great as a primary card for most people.

If BoA is your primary bank and you can park $200k with them in a brokerage or savings, the BoA visa may be better. I used the Elan Fidelity 2% Visa as my primary before the BoA/Merrill Edge Visa. If you have 200k in holdings (could just be index funds parked there), you qualify for credit card rewards >2% (esp on gas/grocery), free trades (don't really use), and waived bank fees on stuff.
You only need $100k at BoA/Merrill Edge to qualify for the Platinum Honors rewards tier, including the increased cash back on the Cash and Travel Rewards credit cards. That is 2.65% on all purchases on the Travel Rewards card (with no FTF) and higher for groceries, warehouse clubs, and gas on the Cash Rewards card. Plus you get fee waivers and assorted benefits at BoA. All in all a very good deal for just holding Vanguard ETFs at Merrill Edge and opening a free checking account.

sunny_socal

Post by sunny_socal » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:25 am

I use my Costco visa for gas and restaurants but the fidelity for everything else. Great card!

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:24 am

Kenster1 wrote:For Foreign Transaction Fees - this Fidelity Visa card has 1% fees and Citi Double Cash card has 3% fees.

You may not be traveling internationally a lot but still those visits once in a while to Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Caribbean, Europe, etc. can add up with those extra fees.

The Capital One Quicksilver and the Barclaycard Arrival are a couple of examples of no-annual fee cards that do not charge foreign transaction fees. Good options to keep handy where needed for foreign travel - including those who are just crossing the border into Canada.

+1 on the Capital One Quicksilver card. I had a recent trip to Italy and Switzerland and it worked flawlessly. No FTF and even worked in the kiosks at the train station. At 1.5% rewards its competitive with the Fidelity card if you travel abroad. BTW, I used the Fidelity debit card for cash withdrawal only and it also worked quite well with an excellent exchange rate and no ATM fees. I'm still on the fence about adding the Fidelity 2% rewards.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:26 am

jjbiv wrote:

You only need $100k at BoA/Merrill Edge to qualify for the Platinum Honors rewards tier, including the increased cash back on the Cash and Travel Rewards credit cards. That is 2.65% on all purchases on the Travel Rewards card (with no FTF) and higher for groceries, warehouse clubs, and gas on the Cash Rewards card. Plus you get fee waivers and assorted benefits at BoA. All in all a very good deal for just holding Vanguard ETFs at Merrill Edge and opening a free checking account.
I seem to be having issues with text messaging of charges with the BoA card. It seemed to work fine on Friday, but purchases on the weekend don't seem to trigger a text message. Do others have this issue? My other cards are immediate any where/any time.

Earl Lemongrab

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:43 pm

radiowave wrote:I seem to be having issues with text messaging of charges with the BoA card. It seemed to work fine on Friday, but purchases on the weekend don't seem to trigger a text message. Do others have this issue? My other cards are immediate any where/any time.
I know that with email alerts, "card present" charges generate alerts when the charge posts, not when it's made. I typically get them a few days after I make them. Online charges (separate alert) generate alerts immediately. I complained to BofA about that.

Earl
This week's fortune cookie: "Your financial life will be secure and beneficial." So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Chicago60

Post by Chicago60 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:05 pm

If you want a cash back, as opposed to a rewards or points type, cc what's not to like? I am unaware of any cash back card beating 2%.

Gemini

Post by Gemini » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:11 pm

I just have a solo 401K with Fido. Anyone know How does it work if I get this card in terms of cashback?

523HRR

Post by 523HRR » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:36 pm

I like that I can bank the Fidelity Visa rewards cash every month, rather than waiting a year for the rewards payout with the Costco Citibank Visa. I use the Costco Citibank Visa for gas (4% cash back) and restaurants & travel (3% cash back) and the Fidelity Visa (2% cash back) for everything else.

radiowave

Post by radiowave » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

I know that with email alerts, "card present" charges generate alerts when the charge posts, not when it's made. I typically get them a few days after I make them. Online charges (separate alert) generate alerts immediately. I complained to BofA about that.

Earl
Yep, that's what happened, made an online charge on Friday, weekend was normal stuff, gas, groceries. I have to say I'm scratching my head about BoA, why not fire a text off on ALL charges?

Pam01

Post by Pam01 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:13 am

I used to have a Fidelity 1.5% Visa card and a Fidelity 2% Amex card. Both were converted to Elan visa card recently. I was thinking of transferring the credit limit of 1.5% card to 2% card and close the former. Is there any reason to keep both that I haven't considered?

arsenalfan

Post by arsenalfan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:34 am

jjbiv wrote:

Thanks you're right 100k.
It was 200k for the $1000 promo offer that I was going for.
They episodically offer that.

NHRATA01

Post by NHRATA01 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:32 am

Dleex84 wrote:I recieved the $200 offer for spending 2k in 3 months. I have a fidelity 401k but no brokerage.

Will I need to apply for a brokerage account before opening this if i do so? I already have citi double cash...which is pretty much the same rewards.l as fidelity.
Hi, I'm sorry to bump this after 6 months but I got a 2nd mailing about this card and started to consider it more seriously.

My question is the same as above - I have a Fido 401k account as well as a BDA (beneficiary distribution account) IRA, but no taxable investment account there or Roth IRA (which is at VG). Obviously neither of those tax advantaged accounts can accept deposits.

So do I open a brokerage account to receive the future deposits + $100 cash intro offer? And while I imagine the brokerage can be used to purchase any sort of investments, I assume doing something as basic as putting it in a Fido TSM fund will probably still be subject to the minimum initial purchase requirements? So basically you can only really keep the money in a cash/moneymarket account until you reach a pretty significant threshold?

Just looking for more feedback/strategies from those who use this card. I primarily use Amex Blue Cash and Discover for the cash back benefits but just end up applying them to statement credits after they build to a few hundred bucks. Kind of like the idea of continually throwing loose change so to speak in an investment account (with an aggressive AA) to build up over time, but unsure if that's a practical strategy with this card.

harikaried

Post by harikaried » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:36 am

NHRATA01 wrote:So basically you can only really keep the money in a cash/moneymarket account until you reach a pretty significant threshold?
Transfer money out with EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) like any other checking/brokerage account? Or you could transfer money in to the new account to reach thresholds sooner, but ETFs don't have thresholds other than their price.

bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 am

We use it for practically all our purchases.

Its the major reason we have a Fidelity account.

We only keep a small balance at Fidelity.

All other holdings are at Vanguard now and very happy to simplify things.

Don

NHRATA01

Post by NHRATA01 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:06 pm

harikaried wrote:
NHRATA01 wrote:So basically you can only really keep the money in a cash/moneymarket account until you reach a pretty significant threshold?
Transfer money out with EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) like any other checking/brokerage account? Or you could transfer money in to the new account to reach thresholds sooner, but ETFs don't have thresholds other than their price.
I suppose that's an option too, do an EFT over to Vanguard brokerage and then hold it there for the Roth deposit.

heartwood

Post by heartwood » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:13 pm

We use it for most of our purchases and direct the monthly rewards to a fido smartcash account. That's linked to our BOA and Vanguard checking for EFT.

The fido smartcash account has an ATM card that we use occasionally. It reimburses all ATM fees so its a boon to us when traveling and we can't find a BOA machine. No hitches in receiving the reimbursement; it appears in the account within a day or two after we use the ATM.

ilisira

Post by ilisira » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:26 pm

For the past couple of years, we have been using Fidelity Rewards 2% cash back card for most of our spending (first Amex, and Visa in the past year, with the exception of grocery/gas spending, which goes to the Amex 6% card), and we were happy. Never needed to call the customer service, and the morning of a vacation trip I got a fraud activity on my card, and it caused us to move to Citi's 2% card.

Basically, you have to talk to a person to deal with any fraudulent activity, and have to wait on the phone for a long time. All other banks have infrastructure to take care of this online.

One minor problem which had bugged me, but did not cause us to move to another card was their inflexibility to move the due date to any day after 11th of the month. I wanted to move it to 15th, and they could not do it.

Hope it works better for you.

Shazb0t

Post by Shazb0t » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:05 pm

I use it as my main card outside of 5% rotating category cards. It's automatic for full monthly payment and cash back deposits. Very useful to use for paying bills. I recommend picking one up if you have a Fidelity account.

LetItRide

Post by LetItRide » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:13 pm

This is my primary card. 2% on everything (got rid of other cards - rolling benefits that I could not remember).

I setup alerts for any activities (via email)
Autopay full amount
Deposit rewards automatically into fidelity when threshold is reached

Works Great!

inbox788

Post by inbox788 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Shazb0t wrote:I use it as my main card outside of 5% rotating category cards. It's automatic for full monthly payment and cash back deposits. Very useful to use for paying bills. I recommend picking one up if you have a Fidelity account.
Or create a Fidelity account to get the card. I'd use it exclusively if I didn't have Costco membership which includes their card. They both the the same 2% at Costco, but the Fidelity card also gets 2% everywhere, while Costco is 4%/3% for Gas/Restaurants&Travel, so I use the Costco card for the latter.

bantam222

Post by bantam222 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:21 pm

I use it as my primary. I enjoy it and it looks nice :)

I did get one fraud charge on the card. I called Fidelity and had them cancel / file a fraud report. On the phone, I tell the lady I just moved and my address is wrong. I read her my new address. They send the new card and fraud report to old mailing address. I never receive it (I have mail forwarding set up via US post office but I guess they don't allow credit cards to be forwarded). I call back Fidelity after waiting a few weeks and have to have them send me a new card. Lady on the phone seems annoyed my address was incorrect and made it sound like I was lucky she was waiving the fee. I never got to mention they were the ones that messed up, she never stopped talking and at the end I figured it was easier to just hang up.

bslice

Post by bslice » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 pm

Same for me.....great way to get 2% back!

LetItRide wrote:This is my primary card. 2% on everything (got rid of other cards - rolling benefits that I could not remember).

I setup alerts for any activities (via email)
Autopay full amount
Deposit rewards automatically into fidelity when threshold is reached

Works Great!

heartwood

Post by heartwood » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:47 pm

inbox788 wrote:
Shazb0t wrote:I use it as my main card outside of 5% rotating category cards. It's automatic for full monthly payment and cash back deposits. Very useful to use for paying bills. I recommend picking one up if you have a Fidelity account.
Or create a Fidelity account to get the card. I'd use it exclusively if I didn't have Costco membership which includes their card. They both the the same 2% at Costco, but the Fidelity card also gets 2% everywhere, while Costco is 4%/3% for Gas/Restaurants&Travel, so I use the Costco card for the latter.
We use the fido card at Costco. We use the Costco card for gas/restaurants/travel, but the rewards only come once a year in February. Fido will credit you monthly if you make the threshold.

Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:04 pm

I'd recommend the Citi Double Cash over the Fidelity Visa.

Citi has much better ancillary benefits vs the Fidelity Visa... to name a few:

Purchase protection: $1000 per item on Citi Double Cash for 120 days vs. $500 on Fidelity Visa for 90 days
Extended Warranty: 2 year extended warranty up to a total of 84 months Citi Double Cash vs 1 year extended warranty up to 36 months total Fidelity Visa
Price protection: $500 per item up to $2500 a year Citi Double Cash. Not offered on Fidelity Visa.

Fidelity does only charge 1% FTF vs 3% on Citi so you save there with Fidelity. Plus you can use Fidelity Visa at Costco. But in general I think the Double Cash is a better card.

pogodj7

Post by pogodj7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:12 pm

I like the card, but cannot offer a comparison into all the other cards out there.

This has been my primary card for the last 5 years (it was AMEX until this summer when it changed to a Visa). 2% flat cash back with no annual fee is attractive. The account features are basic & no frills - make payments, view transactions, setup travel notifications. It doesn't offer the same insights into your spending (categories, trends) as my Chase or Wells Fargo accounts.

Note that this card is managed by Elan Financial Services, not Fidelity. For example, anytime you change your address, you need to advise Fidelity and Elan Financial Services separately...they do not communicate as I learned the hard way. Same with travel notifications if you have a Fidelity Debit (run by Fidelity) and a Fidelity Credit (Elan).

Even though my salary has doubled in the last 5 years and my account grew greatly, they never automatically increased my credit limit. I've learned since, but you need to manually request increases either via phone or via account services (takes a minute). Could be just me I don't know. My Wells Fargo card (my oldest account, don't use card much), increased my credit limit automatically multiple times in the same time-frame.

Don't know much about the other card benefits, defer to others or the website on that.

If you have a fidelity account, and don't need robust account features/options, this is a good card. Keeps it simple.

TinkerPDX

Post by TinkerPDX » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Yes. Very happy with it, especially as it recently switched to visa from Amex, and the website was greatly improved at that time.

We prefer the straight 2% cash on everything to all the shifting rewards and miles and points etc.

Only other rewards card we use is Amex blue cash, better for groceries (and gas if you have the free version).

gpburdell

Post by gpburdell » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:51 am

I use the Fido card as my second credit card. Once I reach 25k spend on my Delta Plat Amex, the Fido becomes primary. No issues so far. The only thing I would say is the Elan website isn't as nice as American Express's site. Hopefully they will update it.

lhl12

Post by lhl12 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:44 am

I happily used the old version of the Fidelity card (from FIA, a division of B of A) for many years. I switched to the B of A Travel Rewards card a year or so ago because it offers a higher rebate percentage (2.625% vs Fidelity's 2.00%). I subsequently upgraded to the new version of the Fidelity card (from Elan, a division of USBank) but use it only as a backup.

All have been fine - no problems, no complaints. Therefore for me, the higher rebate is all that matters.

inbox788

Post by inbox788 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:50 am

Jags4186 wrote:I'd recommend the Citi Double Cash over the Fidelity Visa.

Citi has much better ancillary benefits vs the Fidelity Visa... to name a few:

Purchase protection: $1000 per item on Citi Double Cash for 120 days vs. $500 on Fidelity Visa for 90 days
Extended Warranty: 2 year extended warranty up to a total of 84 months Citi Double Cash vs 1 year extended warranty up to 36 months total Fidelity Visa
Price protection: $500 per item up to $2500 a year Citi Double Cash. Not offered on Fidelity Visa.

Fidelity does only charge 1% FTF vs 3% on Citi so you save there with Fidelity. Plus you can use Fidelity Visa at Costco. But in general I think the Double Cash is a better card.
I was happy with the Fidelity Visa, especially since the FTF is 1%, which I've used and just called it a 1% international cash back. FYI, I was charged the 1% for buying international airlines tickets from the US with an international carrier. Since then, I've been using 3% cards for travel.

But now that I know what I'm missing among other benefits, I'm tempted to sign up for the Citi Double Cash card as well. And it has the benefit of being a MC, which I don't currently have. I don't have Discover nor Amex currently (since Costco went with Visa). Understand, I'm trying to simplify things and reduce the number of credit cards (and I think I currently have about 5) and adding all 3 would bring it up to 8. The optimizer in me keeps thinking I'm missing out on a Citi Double Cash deal or Discover or Amex deal, but so long as the benefit dollars remains small, I'll try to keep things simple. And must avoid the 5% in limited categories card and Amazon Prime 5% cards so i don't wind up with double digit number of credit cards. And I almost applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserve for the big signon bonus and other tempting singon bonuses on other cards. FOMO vs simplicity.