Good Podcasts

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
LuckyKyle

Good Podcasts

Post by LuckyKyle » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:03 am

Does anyone have good suggestions for financial or management related podcasts that they enjoy?

I get the periodic Vanguard ones and also WSJ & NPR stories of the day. There are so many that I'm sure I'm missing some good ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kyle

CyberBob

Sound Investing

Post by CyberBob » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:09 am

I haven't personally listened to it recently, but I've seen the Sound Investing show mentioned many times before.

Bob

achie25

Post by achie25 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:10 am

I also enjoy the Money-Guy podcast.

modal

Post by modal » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:57 am

Sound Investing (I check this one every week)
Bob Brinker (Listen on the Radio, because the podcast costs money)
Dave Ramesy (One hour free, I personally do not listen too)

I'd would listen to a well produced personal finance blog. I just have not found one yet.

SpringMan

Post by SpringMan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:50 pm

There is always Adam Bold's radio show, http://www.mutualfundshow.com/index.asp
He is not a fan of index funds but still worth a listen. Although he says it is not, I find his radio show tends to be an infomercial for his company. He takes calls and recommends actively managed no load funds. I think sometimes he is guilty of comparing funds to the wrong bench mark index. For some reason I do enjoy his show, I listen to it over the internet.
Best,
Best Wishes, SpringMan

mhwang

Post by mhwang » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:50 pm

I'll second Sound Investing.

Once you hear it 3x's though, you know Paul Merriman's spiel. I found it most interesting for the guests. I usually fast forward to hear such guests like John Bogle, Larry Swedroe, etc. That's what makes me continue to subscribe.

Anyone in the Washington area ever attend his seminars? Comments?

Nitsuj

Post by Nitsuj » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:56 pm

achie25 wrote:I also enjoy the Money-Guy podcast.
The Money Guy isn't bad at all. Although I am sorely tempted to email him and tell him the word he was looking for in the last episode was anecdote, and not antidote. Which he repeatedly got wrong.

runner26

Post by runner26 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:14 pm

modal said: Bob Brinker (Listen on the Radio, because the podcast costs money)

KGO radio posts the 1 hour segments of Brinker a couple of hours after the show in it's achieve.
http://www.kgoam810.com/Article.asp?PT=Archive&id=49920 You can download to your I-pod for about 24 hours after the show, 1-4 pm pacific for free.

I also get Sound Investing and Your Money with Chuck Jaffe via I-tunes.

binarysemaphore

Post by binarysemaphore » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:07 pm

I listen to Marketplace Money (http://marketplacemoney.publicradio.org/) from American Public Media every Saturday over the Internet. They also have market round up with news everyday, confusingly just called Marketplace (http://marketplace.publicradio.org/)

Though, they talk more about personal finance than investing.

Joss

Post by Joss » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:10 pm

Thanks all for your contributions. I find Podcast a great way to utilize my commute time... I listen to French radio subjects as well as KCRW's Left, Right, and Center show, and some photo podcasts from the Radiant Vista.

bogglehead

Post by bogglehead » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:49 pm

I've been driving a TON the past few weeks for work and I've listened to more hours of Dave Ramsey than you can imagine. It's actually interesting to listen to and much more entertaining when you cut out the commercials. The one-hour show condenses down to 38 minutes. I even signed up for a free trial to his website so I could download the entire last month for free. They're a little annoying sometimes, but they make the time fly by.

modal

Post by modal » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:30 pm

For long drives, you might want to look into audiobooks.

http://www.audible.com

I just found out that my library has audiobooks for download from the internet. They have 3 week limit though with their DRM.

Ripping Audiobook CDs from library is another way to go...

There are a couple NetFlix-ish like sites for audiobooks out there also.

junger

Post by junger » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:04 pm

In addition to the Vanguard podcasts, I listed to the No Credit Needed (NCN) podcast and Money Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for a Better Life.
[commercial sig removed, this post may be spam - admin alex. Legit members please contact me at webmaster address]