Turbo Tax Question

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
ubermax

Turbo Tax Question

Post by ubermax » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:00 pm

I completed my Fed and State taxes using TT the other day , also e-filed both ; when I printed a file copy of the State filing I had the following in very large brown font on every page , "DO NOT FILE" and "FORM NOT FINAL ; since the e-file was accepted and I can print a clean copy of the payment voucher from the DOR website , it's not a big deal but it's the first time this has happened while using TT.

And so I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this ??

runner26

Re: Turbo Tax Question

Post by runner26 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:52 pm

Tax Act for my California return is doing the same. It says I cannot file paper yet, but would allow e-file. Since one of my need forms doesn't even show up in the print file, I am not trusting the ok to e-file. They say that they don't yet have approval from the state for the print formats.

mapleosb

Post by mapleosb » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:54 pm

ubermax wrote:I completed my Fed and State taxes using TT the other day , also e-filed both ; when I printed a file copy of the State filing I had the following in very large brown font on every page , "DO NOT FILE" and "FORM NOT FINAL ; since the e-file was accepted and I can print a clean copy of the payment voucher from the DOR website , it's not a big deal but it's the first time this has happened while using TT.

And so I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced this ??
Same thing here. I just filed the Fed electronically and then went to the DRS website for CT and filed for free online using the numbers from the CT1040 forms.

ubermax

Post by ubermax » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:50 am

mapleosb wrote:Same thing here. I just filed the Fed electronically and then went to the DRS website for CT and filed for free online using the numbers from the CT1040 forms.
So you're using a personal copy of TT rather than the on-line version ?? From what I could see on the DRS website fill-in online forms are not available .

pshonore

Post by pshonore » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:05 am

They're not really fill in forms - more of an interview process. You will need to know adjustments to CT income - tax exempt from other states, taxation of SS, etc

http://www.ct.gov/drs/cwp/view.asp?a=1433&q=265878

ubermax

Post by ubermax » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:14 am

pshonore wrote:They're not really fill in forms - more of an interview process. You will need to know adjustments to CT income - tax exempt from other states, taxation of SS, etc

thanks Pshonore , do you click the "Individual" tab or the one labeled "TSC" ?

pshonore

Post by pshonore » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:42 am

ubermax wrote:
pshonore wrote:They're not really fill in forms - more of an interview process. You will need to know adjustments to CT income - tax exempt from other states, taxation of SS, etc

thanks Pshonore , do you click the "Individual" tab or the one labeled "TSC" ?
Click on "login" in the Individual Box . Input your SS# and setup an account, etc.

mapleosb

Post by mapleosb » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:20 pm

ubermax wrote:So you're using a personal copy of TT rather than the on-line version ?? From what I could see on the DRS website fill-in online forms are not available .
Correct, check your inbox.

As pshonore said, more like a fill in questionaire on the DRS website but you do get to print out a copy when you are through.

mapleosb
Last edited by mapleosb on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ubermax

Post by ubermax » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks everyone for your time and great info , putting note in the file for next year .