Anyone else recently had FIA Fidelity VISA card compromised?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
gwe67

Anyone else recently had FIA Fidelity VISA card compromised?

Post by gwe67 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:29 pm

So I got this email today:

"We have learned that your FIA Card Services credit card information may have been compromised at an undisclosed merchant or service provider." This is a legitimate email.

I just activated this card within the last month. There is nothing suspect on the online recent transactions.

I am getting a new card yet again, which will of course require me to re-establish all auto-pays. Anyone else having this problem?
Support this site with a purchase thru Amazon: | http://www.amazon.com/s/?search-alias=aps&tag=bogleheads.org-20&field-keywords=Bogleheads

TheTimeLord

Re: Anyone else recently had FIA Fidelity VISA card compromised?

Post by TheTimeLord » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Nope. Everything still good here.
IMHO, Investing should be about living the life you want, not avoiding the life you fear. | Run, You Clever Boy! [9085]

camper

Post by camper » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Just checked...All good.
The FIA Fidelity AMEX we have had a couple issues in the past couple years.

bhtomj

Post by bhtomj » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:11 pm

Fidelity AMEX denied today at Target. I got a call 5 minutes later saying it was compromised on 1/20. The website shows an Alert sent to me on 1/23 that I am getting an new card. Never received the alert, although I received the alert following it. Sure would be nice for some notification on these.

Since 2008 we have had seven FIA AMEX cards due to compromise and no issues with our CITI Visa. I will call for details tomorrow. Maybe this is why Fidelity is changing to a different provider and to VISA. :D

Tier1Capital

Post by Tier1Capital » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:15 pm

There are old forum discussions on this topic. I have lost count how many times this has happened to me over the past 5 years.

livesoft

Post by livesoft » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:17 pm

Got e-mail and phone message that Fido Amex was compromised. I never saw any fraudulent charges. New card showed up in a few days and works just fine, but the old one worked fine while the new one was in the mail.

I really don't mind as I don't have anything on autopay on this card.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.