Calendar you can set as wallpaper

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
communipaw

Calendar you can set as wallpaper

Post by communipaw » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:50 am

You were helpful on my question about cable vs wifi connection to my new desktop so I've come to you again.

I just changed to a new computer running Windows 7 Pro and am unable to use one of my old programs, even though I have the original CD, Calendar Creator 4 [Softkey]. I've so far found no new version that will run on 7 Pro.

I realize there are 100s of pay and free calendars available that show holidays and family birthdays and appointments that you add in. But this one had one particular feature that I wanted t keep it for: you can set the current month or 4 week period as wall paper, so you see it every time you start or even pass by the computer.

As in the past, I’m still using Google’s calendar but although it sends email notices, I see no way of making it into wallpaper.

Can anyone suggest a calendar, pay or free, that updates with each item you add into the computer’s wallpaper?

Thank you
[I tried attaching an image of what I mean but it doesn't seem to work]

cmublitz

Re: Calendar you can set as wallpaper

Post by cmublitz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:34 am

Are you referring to something like this: http://lifehacker.com/251638/how-to-make-your-google-calendar-your-pcs-desktop-wallpaper?

That seems like a really cool idea. Never tried it myself, but I might have to now.

mhalley

Post by mhalley » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Have you tried running the program in compatability mode? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... =windows-7
Mike

communipaw

Post by communipaw » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:22 pm

the Google calendar option seemed like a great idea, but the month view has the day cells and the contents too small to be practical.
I'm not sure what compatibility mode is but will look it up.