Business loans, bad credit

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
FuyuKei

Business loans, bad credit

Post by FuyuKei »

I found the information I was looking for. Thanks.

[Original title restored - admin alex]
Last edited by FuyuKei on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
bs010101

Re: Business loans, bad credit

Post by bs010101 »

This sounds like a bad idea. How did you end up with bad credit? Do you have any money to invest in the business? Do you have any experience in electrology (since you just finished school in a different field, which BTW probably pays better)? If you can find someone who makes loans to people with bad credit, they will probably be at a high interest rate, making your business more likely to fail. I would suggest getting a job as a software developer, saving up some money, letting your credit heal, and maybe looking into doing the business in a few years.
aquifer

Post by aquifer »

Banks are not venture capitalists. A 100k loan with no collateral and bad credit is likely out of the question, and I doubt SBA would be interested either. You may find that there is an angel investment group in your area that you might be able to sell your idea to. Google or ask your local economic development group.
denovo

Post by denovo »

SBA could be your best shot.
"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: . [Topic title removed]

Post by LadyGeek »

Unfortunately, the OP has decided to remove the post content.

FuyuKei - If there's anything I can do to help, feel free to PM me.

(Topic locked.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.