Vanguard "glitch"

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
communipaw

Vanguard "glitch"

Post by communipaw » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Tonight I looked at my Vanguard web page and noticed I had about 20% less than I had had on Friday.

I contacted Vanguard and was told that a glitch had occurred today on many customers' web pages that caused accounts to be hidden, even though the customers hadn't requested it.

Vanguard refreshed my page and things are back to what I was expecting.

toto238

Re: Vanguard "glitch

Post by toto238 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:41 pm

communipaw wrote:Tonight I looked at my Vanguard web page and noticed I had about 20% less than I had had on Friday.

I contacted Vanguard and was told that a glitch had occurred today on many customers' web pages that caused accounts to be hidden, even though the customers hadn't requested it.

Vanguard refreshed my page and things are back to what I was expecting.

Did you try going to "Customize this Page" on the Balances and Holdings page? It's in the top right corner. Make sure the boxes are checked next to the correct accounts.

Grandpaboys

Re: Vanguard "glitch"

Post by Grandpaboys » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:27 am

Same happen to me. Called Vanguard and they put me thru the customize page bit but it did no good.
Agreed to try in the morning and every thing is OK now.
Good Day | GP

Sidney

Re: Vanguard "glitch"

Post by Sidney » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:33 am

I rarely have a problem with the VG site but when I do, if I leave it for a couple of days, it always goes away.
I always wanted to be a procrastinator.