SUZE ORMAN

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
chaz

SUZE ORMAN

Post by chaz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:23 pm

Tonight, 4-5-07, Suze Orman will have a show on public television to help women with investing.
Chaz | | “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." Woody Allen | | http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

White Coat Investor

Re: SUZE ORMAN

Post by White Coat Investor » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:29 pm

chaz wrote:Tonight, 4-5-07, Suze Orman will have a show on public television to help women with investing.
Doesn't she have a show on television EVERY DAY to help women with investing? Is the news that it is on PBS rather than whatever it was on before?
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course

chaz

Post by chaz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:42 pm

No, she is not on that frequently in my town! Sorry if the news offended you emerg doc. [/quote]
Chaz | | “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." Woody Allen | | http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Nitsuj

Post by Nitsuj » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:45 pm

No CNBC in your town?

White Coat Investor

Post by White Coat Investor » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:21 pm

chaz wrote:No, she is not on that frequently in my town! Sorry if the news offended you emerg doc.
[/quote]

No offense, just didn't understand what the big deal was. The last time I had a chance to take in much TV it seemed she was on each evening.
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course

SpringMan

Post by SpringMan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:38 pm

The PBS show was different than her weekly CNBC show. She is trying to help women in the PBS special. I think her latest book is on that topic. I like Suze and have watched her CNBC shows in the past. I would not call her a diehard. She does not like bond funds. She prefers that people own the individual bonds and hold them to maturity. Got to admire her for recenly coming out of the closet. I do think she tended to give advice to women callers to dump their boyfriends/husbands a little too frequently. Some were obviously bums, but breaking off relationships is not always the answer. I admit I did not watch the PBS special. I like her saying, people first, then money, then things.
Best,
Best Wishes, SpringMan