review home insurance and StateFarm

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
andyandyandy

review home insurance and StateFarm

Post by andyandyandy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:23 pm

I am at 71% at reading my Bogleheads' Guide to Investing and noted upcoming are some details to remove some unnecessary coverage for home insurance. In mean time I have an accpeted offer on a home
Can you please review my quote below if anything is needed or missing. My seller will be renting for 60 days after closing and StateFarm seemed okay with that.
I have asked them to show me that part in written. Geico only covers renting for 30 days after so that is ruled out but they asked very comprehensive questions regarding home. State farm asked little only. How is StateFarm in general?

Appreciate your input.

Policy:

http://postimg.org/image/7ciyvg1st/

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: review home insurance and StateFarm

Post by LadyGeek » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:51 pm

This thread is now in the Personal Finance (Not Investing) forum (insurance). I fixed the spelling in the thread title (insurnace).
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

andyandyandy

Post by andyandyandy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:16 pm

LadyGeek wrote:This thread is now in the Personal Finance (Not Investing) forum (insurance). I fixed the spelling in the thread title (insurnace).

August

Post by August » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:30 pm

I am not familiar with State Farm declarations pages, but I am curious as to what "limited replacement cost" for contents means...is it a replacement cost policy or an actual cash value policy.

Other coverages to consider:

-Open peril coverage and replacement cost for contents (again I'm not sure what limited replacement cost is)
-sewer back up and sump overflow (if applicable)
-Other structures (if applicable-sheds, detached garages, fences, swimming pools, etc)

Again I am not overly familiar with State Farm declaration pages so some or all of the above may be included in the quote you have, but these in my experience are the coverages that are often overlooked as they may not be included in a standard policy.

andyandyandy

Post by andyandyandy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks!