Morningstar Premium Membership anyone?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
DoWahDaddy

Morningstar Premium Membership anyone?

Post by DoWahDaddy »

Apparently 100k at t rowe price entitles you to premium morningstar membership. I currently use the free morningstar for portfolio tracking and basic x-ray. Anyone use premium at all and like the benefits? I tend to avoid signing up for "free" services as one day they will not be free and a charge will magically appear. Thanks in advance my friends.
"I've worked in the private sector. They expect results." - Dr. Raymond Stantz
gandolphfitch

Re: Morningstar Premium Membership anyone?

Post by gandolphfitch »

I have a premium membership, but was quite ambivalent about signing up the last time. I have had one for quite some time, with gaps between memberships. But at some point after I have let the premium membership lapse, I want to use one of the apects of premium membership and sign up again. As I have various real and test portfolios in Morningstar, using some of the premium tools to analyze the portfolios is nice. More fun than useful, as I haven't changed my investing approach in a number of year and don't intend to. Part of it is that I appreciate what Morningstar is trying to do and don't mind paying to support that.
in_reality

Post by in_reality »

Yes, I do.

I have a number of funds that I can't get rid of immediately for tax reasons, and so I like too see the breakdown of my portfolio. Vanguard, personal capital, and other tools all seemed to mis-categorize things. As I gradually change into all index funds, I want see how my AA will be impacted. I like Vanguards tool but it is just too wrong often. I mean my total stock market Holding in my 529 is classified as other. Bad bad bad...

Also read the reports on funds I am considering using to tilt a little. It's interesting and worth the look.
Topic Author
DoWahDaddy

Post by DoWahDaddy »

Thanks for the replies. I don't think there would be much material benefit for me personally. And the lack of responses from the Bogleheads community I think speaks pretty loudly about that. : )

DWD
"I've worked in the private sector. They expect results." - Dr. Raymond Stantz