Or does that apply only if you are on complete 100%subsidized Medicaid health plan?
Some things to keep in mind regarding Medicaid Estate Recovery.
1. It applies only to Medicaid benefits received after age 55.
2. Federal law applies only to long term and institutional care, but some states include all Medicaid spending.
3. Recovery cannot take place until after the death of both spouses.
4. Many states are modifying their state laws to reflect the original intent of counting only long term care, not ACA insurance premiums.
5. A plan purchased on the exchange, with or without subsidies, is not Medicaid. In states that extended Medicaid coverage, it applies to those below 138% of the federal poverty level who are directed into a Medicaid program.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: 14thMed, 6bquick, aqan, austinpilot, bhsince87, Dantes, David Jay, Doral, freebeer, gavinman, Inframan4712, irishnick23, jmagi76461, kenschmidt, madbrain, mattsm, ne2ca28, Oxybeles, perl, psteinx, rob, sotpatro, Spirit Rider, stats99, StevieG72, The Wizard, tractorguy, TravelforFun, triceratop, ved and 112 guests