Mortgage lenders in Austin

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
manatee2005

Mortgage lenders in Austin

Post by manatee2005 »

I've decided to setup a second household in Austin. I wanted to know if there are any mortgage lenders that you recommend in Austin, for a second home? I'd hate to have to call bank of america or something. Also any recommendations for realtors that you've used in the past and liked would help too.
TropikThunder

Re: Mortgage lenders in Austin

Post by TropikThunder »

manatee2005 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:55 pm I've decided to setup a second household in Austin. I wanted to know if there are any mortgage lenders that you recommend in Austin, for a second home? I'd hate to have to call bank of america or something. Also any recommendations for realtors that you've used in the past and liked would help too.
I think the days of needing a mortgage lender with a physical presence where the house is are long gone. NO reason you can't use any of the online lenders people talk about here: LenderFI, Better, etc.
Topic Author
manatee2005

Post by manatee2005 »

TropikThunder wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:27 am
manatee2005 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:55 pm I've decided to setup a second household in Austin. I wanted to know if there are any mortgage lenders that you recommend in Austin, for a second home? I'd hate to have to call bank of america or something. Also any recommendations for realtors that you've used in the past and liked would help too.
I think the days of needing a mortgage lender with a physical presence where the house is are long gone. NO reason you can't use any of the online lenders people talk about here: LenderFI, Better, etc.
I'm blacklisted by both Lenderfi and Better lol Interactive mortgage which I used isn't licensed in Texas. But I did see that Guaranteed Rate is licensed, so I will try with them, thanks.
jackbeagle

Post by jackbeagle »

The problem I have had with online lenders is that each individual's workload is so high (call center style) that you can never place an outbound call and reach someone in that moment, it always rolls to voicemail and you wait 3-4 hours for a callback. This is NOT conducive to closing on a home in today's fast paced market. One exchange ("can you send me this document?" / "did you get what you needed?") takes literally an entire business day to ask and answer.

Ask your Realtor if they have a lender. I bet it won't be RocketMortgage...
rage_phish

Post by rage_phish »

Love lenderfi for refi’s

I’d never use them or anyone like them for a new home purchase in today’s market. Especially in a hot marker like Austin

My sale in CA almost fell through becuase the buyers online lender failed to get the deal done. We instead put them in contact with our local lender that we were using to buy and he had no problem getting it done. Obviously anecdotal. But I’m. Not taking the risk when trying to buy
Coachrhino11

Post by Coachrhino11 »

manatee2005 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:53 am
I'm blacklisted by both Lenderfi and Better lol Interactive mortgage which I used isn't licensed in Texas. But I did see that Guaranteed Rate is licensed, so I will try with them, thanks.
I refinanced my mortgage twice with LenderFi and my current mortgage lender on my mortgage is LenderFi and I live in Texas. Very good experience. Most of the local Austin lenders are overpriced in comparison.
Topic Author
manatee2005

Post by manatee2005 »

In a hot market like Austin it's imperative to have as much advantage as you can. A local mortgage person might have relationship with the seller's agent and be able to push my offer across the finish line. In a boring market it probably doesn't matter.