Disappointing lazboy couches

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
am

Disappointing lazboy couches

Post by am » Wed May 09, 2012 10:19 am

Bought a living room set with couches, loveseat and chair 2.5 years ago, and the fabric has become worn and discolored. The couches look like they have been through 20 years of hell. We use this set for everyday use, maybe 2-3 hours a day. No pets. Anyone else had a similar experience? This is very disappointing given the price of about 3k. Wondering if I have any recourse? Thanks.

N1CKV

Re: Disappointing lazboy couches

Post by N1CKV » Wed May 09, 2012 10:26 am

about 18 months ago I purchased a new set of LaZBoy brand couches to replace my existing set. My older set was approximately 10 years old and the fabric was a woven material, I received this set from my parents used. My dog proceeded to wear a hole in the fabric (not the fabric's fault, it was the toy he was playing with that was eating at it). Other than that the fabric was in good shape, cushion was showing signs of wear and mechanically sound. These were a double recline couch and loveseat. Fast forward: I replaced the set with a brand new version of what I had. I went with a Sage microfiber material for the covering. after a year and a half of use the couches still look and perform great. My set was built to order out of the Mississippi plant (which I guess doesn't matter b/c your complaint is fabric based).
I have met a lot of people that claim to love money, but they also seem to be the same people that are in the biggest hurry to get rid of it.

edge

Post by edge » Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 am

I've never been impressed with lazyboy quality.

Random Musings

Post by Random Musings » Wed May 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Our local lazyboy is now out of business.

Did purchase a recliner there, and has worked very well over the past 10 years. Have no future plans to use their products - perhaps the quality has declined in more recent years.

RM
I figure the odds be fifty-fifty I just might have something to say. FZ

gkaplan

Post by gkaplan » Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 pm

What are good brands for recliners?
Gordon

JPH

Post by JPH » Wed May 09, 2012 4:01 pm

We bought two Lazyboy recliners about 10 years ago. We custom ordered the fabric and waited for delivery. When they arrived the fabric started to wrinkle and not recover. We complained, and they sent a technician out to inspect the chairs. He said the fabric should not wrinkle that way and offered to re-upolster them in any different fabric we wanted. The second fabric was fantastic, and the chairs still look great.
While the moments do summersaults into eternity | Cling to their coattails and beg them to stay - Townes Van Zandt

Padlin

Post by Padlin » Wed May 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Bought one of their recliners in January, the mechanics of it are pretty weak. Every once in a while it doesn't lock in the open position. It was actually pretty cheap, price wise, so I guess it's a get what you pay for item.
Regards | Bob

rustymutt

Post by rustymutt » Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Lazyboy is now junk
I'm amazed at the wealth of Knowledge others gather, and share over a lifetime of learning. The mind is truly unique. It's nice when we use it!

rustymutt

Post by rustymutt » Wed May 09, 2012 6:21 pm

gkaplan wrote:What are good brands for recliners?
We have Flexsteel, and King Hickory chairs and love them both. Now they are about 15 years old. I do not know if these manufacturers are even still in business. I believe they were out of North Carolina.
I'm amazed at the wealth of Knowledge others gather, and share over a lifetime of learning. The mind is truly unique. It's nice when we use it!

investor1

Post by investor1 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:27 pm

I have had a leather recliner for about five years now. It is holding up great and is extremely comfortable. I have no complaints. It is one of the best things I have ever bought. I use it everyday.

Note: I don't have kids or pets.

gkaplan

Post by gkaplan » Wed May 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks, rustymutt.
Gordon