meditation cd recommendations

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Calhoon

meditation cd recommendations

Post by Calhoon »

Anything you'd recommnend in terms of audio cd sets?

Was doing a couple of programs by Zinn, but wanted to see if anything else was out there. Perhaps without the religious elemnts sripped away.
samori

Re: meditation cd recommendations

Post by samori »

I use this Mp3 and find it a great help when sitting. 'Generating Mindfulness, Developing Loving Kindness and Contemplating Impermanence' , guided meditations and talks by Ajahn Achalo. You can find it and others at www.dhammathreads.org. Metta
CaliJim

Post by CaliJim »

samori wrote:I use this Mp3 and find it a great help when sitting. 'Generating Mindfulness, Developing Loving Kindness and Contemplating Impermanence' , guided meditations and talks by Ajahn Achalo. You can find it and others at http://www.dhammathreads.org. Metta

Couldnt find "Achalo" on that site. Help?
-calijim- | | For more info, click this Wiki
yakers

Post by yakers »

Try Wild Devine, a whole relaxation DVD with biofeedback.
rdmayo21

Post by rdmayo21 »

I'm a fan of the free Body Scan mp3 at http://www.buddhanet.net/audio-meditation.htm
samori

Post by samori »

Hi, I see that he has been removed from that site, so If you wish I've have another you can vist.The site is www.dhammaloka.org , The Buddhist Society of Western Australia .Ajahn Brahm is the Abbot of Bodhinyana Monastery . His manner of teaching is funny, easy and relax . There is much to see on the site which features half hour and one hour meditations for beginners and advance sitters . There are also teachings from the Nuns. Metta