Do you eat eggs?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
pinebarrens1

Do you eat eggs?

Post by pinebarrens1 »

The Mayo Clinic advises limiting dietary cholesterol to less than 300 mg a day. And one egg contains over 200 mgs cholesterol! So they caution to limit your consumption of eggs or cut back on other cholesterol foods if you eat eggs that day. Also I read Bill Clinton gave them up (along with meat and dairy) and has now reversed his heart disease. I love eggs (soft boiled) and don't want to give them up. There's so much conflicting research, many so called experts disagree whether harmful or beneficial. Any thoughts?
Igglesman

Re: Do you eat eggs?

Post by Igglesman »

I don't eat anything with a face or a mother....same as Bill C. Works for me.
rayout

Post by rayout »

Yep. Usually 3 to 4 eggs at a time every other day or so.

The lipid hypothesis is just that - a hypothesis. Quite flawed to be honest given the fact that large diameter LDL that you get from dietary cholesterol (i.e. eggs) has been shown to be innocuous. Where does the small dense harmful LDL come from? Carbohydrate and sugar consumption.

I've switched to a high fat (lots of cholesterol) diet and my LDL and HDL are perfectly fine, lost 30 lbs, and am no longer pre-hypertensive or pre-diabetic. I weigh less than I ever did in high school. Works great for me! Billy C. probably improved the quality of the carbohydrates (i.e. lots more veggies, much fewer grains) which helps but to be honest is alot of work and not what we evolved to survive on. If you have a strong moral purpose towards a vegan or vegetarian diet, go for it but if you are in pursuit of a way of eating focused purely health it may not be the best route. Most vegans and vegetarians switch out of their diet due to declining health. Vegetarian sources of vitamins are not the same as animal sources as far as bio-availability. This is why the fact that "whole grains" are so full of vitamins is a moot point - they cannot be absorbed by the human body and are packed with anti-nutrients that limit uptake of nutrients in the diet (i.e. why the US has the highest per capita consumption of milk paired with high levels of osteoperosis). The other option would be to eat a vegetarian based diet but add in high nutrient animals foods such as liver, heart and other offal every few days though this assumes your body is insulin sensitive enough so you do not become obese/diabetic eating alot of carbohydrate based foods. Or you can enjoy fatty steak, plenty of eggs, green veggies and the occasional bacon like I do :P

Probably the two best things if you want to achieve long term health are to minimize all sugar consumption and avoid seed oils (soybean/corn/canola/etc.) at all costs. These oils are exceedingly high in polyunsaturated fat which become oxidized (rancid) in the body which provokes an immune response which either leads to plaquing or prevents the immune system from reacting to plaquing. Sugar (fructose) metabolism produces excess uric acid which causes water retention and thus high blood pressure (much more so than salt). Fructose is basically metabolized into fat leading to obesity. Fructose is also extremely prone to glycating. Browning sugar in the pan to carmelize it? The same thing happens in your body. However when it occurs in your body it forms a damaging end product called AGE (advanced glycation endproduct) by binding with proteins. This is the same end product that causes damage in diabetics since they cannot regulate their blood glucose and it ends up elevated which causes excess glycation (though glucose is much less prone to glycating than fructose and would not be an issue for healthy active people who maintain stable, low levels of blood glucose).

Good stuff to read up on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_g ... nd-product

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyXa39ICIrk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

http://www.marksdailyapple.com//welcome ... ily-apple/

http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879/fat-head
Last edited by rayout on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

I eat ~5 dozen (whole) eggs a week and my total/HDL cholesterol level is about 3.5:1.
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

Yes. I eat eggs, several mornings a week. Are you sure the Mayo Clinic still makes that recommendation?

Yes, the research is all conflicting. I try not to eat stuff my grandmother would not recognize. Seems like a reasonable approach.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

This thread will probably be shut down, so I'll leave medical advice out.

I used to have high cholesterol, and there was a time that I thought that was a bad thing. In any case, I stopped taking medication, now eat a couple dozen eggs a week (ethically raised eggs), and eat lots of good fats (grass fed beef, Irish butter, cheese, whole milk yogurt, eggs, etc.). My cholesterol is, if anything, on the low side, but honestly, I wouldn't care if it were "elevated."

Eggs are a wonderful food, possibly the best protein source available. They also taste great :)
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

Claude wrote:...now eat a couple dozen eggs a week (ethically raised eggs), and eat lots of good fats (grass fed beef, Irish butter, cheese, whole milk yogurt, eggs, etc.)
Yum. Stuff my grandmother would recognize!
Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog »

Yes, I eat eggs, 2 about 4 days a week with no cholesterol problems.. This year my cholesterol averaged (3 tests) 142, HDL is 49, and LDL is 76.
My wife, however, 1 egg almost every day and her cholesterol is elevated.

Jim
Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered you will never grow. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
beareconomy

Post by beareconomy »

I love hard boiled eggs, I only eat the egg white as it is the yolk with the bad cholesterol in it.
Stupendous

Post by Stupendous »

2 eggs 4 egg whites almost every day for the past 10 years and I have perfect cholesterol. A lot just has to do with if you are genetically blessed in that department.
OldOne

Post by OldOne »

I eat lots of eggs as well as many other things that have "a face or a mother". I'm man enough to run my own life without Bill C. (whoever that is) dictating it for me.
mephistophles

Post by mephistophles »

If God did not want you to eat eggs, he would not have created chickens.
Balance

Post by Balance »

I eat at least a dozen eggs per week sometimes 2 dozen. I also have a high fat diet that is derived completely of whole fresh foods with minimal processing and absolutely no gluten. My cholesterol is "perfect" according to my doctor. 90 HDL 100 LDL trigs 40. I absolutely love eggs. Uffe Ravnskov MD has done a lot of research on the topic and wrote many articles regarding cholesterol and eggs. He himself measured his cholesterol before eating a diet high in egg consumption and after and his cholesterol numbers did not change much at all.

I also have to agree with some of the other posters in obtaining high quality eggs from pastured sources free of antibiotics and hormones that eat a typical chicken diet. In my opinion these eggs look and taste very different from conventionally raised chicken/eggs.
AlohaJoe

Post by AlohaJoe »

pinebarrens1 wrote:The Mayo Clinic advises limiting dietary cholesterol to less than 300 mg a day.
FWIW that's not really a Mayo Clinic recommendation. That's the standard federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans, which first talked about the 300mg limit in the 1960s and formally adopted it in 1973. So the number is over 40 years old.

I'm not positive but I don't think any country but the US sets out guidelines on dietary cholesterol. Canada, Europe, and the UK don't AFAIK. Even recent (2010) "scientific statements from the American Heart Association nutrition committee" have dropped references to dietary cholesterol. It just hasn't been removed from the official recommendations yet.
wilked

Post by wilked »

I eat 3 eggs a day or so, and my diet is a high fat diet / very limited carbohydrates. No problems with cholesterol whatsoever, fittest I have been in my life (at 32)
Brody

Post by Brody »

My cholesterol was high when I got a little heavy. With my weight normal, I have no issues.

I'm good for about 12 eggs a week. My diet is always fairly high in fat.
I am the poster formerly known as Oneanddone.
Topic Author
pinebarrens1

Post by pinebarrens1 »

AlohaJoe........from the Mayo Clinic's website:
Limit the cholesterol in your food. Aim for no more than 300 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol a day — less than 200 mg if you have heart disease. The most concentrated sources of cholesterol include organ meats, egg yolks and whole milk products. Use lean cuts of meat, egg substitutes and skim milk instead
As I said, there's alot of conflicting info out there. Dr Caldwell Esselstyn claims you can make yourself heart attack proof by following a plant based diet and avoiding high cholesterol foods. Many of his patients have reversed their heart disease by following his diet. This was on a CNN Special recently.
joha31

Post by joha31 »

Claude wrote:This thread will probably be shut down, so I'll leave medical advice out.

I used to have high cholesterol, and there was a time that I thought that was a bad thing. In any case, I stopped taking medication, now eat a couple dozen eggs a week (ethically raised eggs), and eat lots of good fats (grass fed beef, Irish butter, cheese, whole milk yogurt, eggs, etc.). My cholesterol is, if anything, on the low side, but honestly, I wouldn't care if it were "elevated."

Eggs are a wonderful food, possibly the best protein source available. They also taste great :)
+1, I have always looked at buying the more expensive, ethically raised meats as an investment in my health. I feel that the healthier nutritional profile found in ethically raised meats makes it well worth the added cost.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott
TRC

Post by TRC »

YES! I love eggs.

I usually eat 4 over easy with wheat english muffin 3 times a week. I workout a lot, so my metabolism is cranking. I have no cholesterol problems or high blood pressure issues.
SpringMan

Post by SpringMan »

I eat eggs with no guilt. My only requirement is that they are cooked firm and not runny. There is something about runny eggs that I find unappetizing.
Best Wishes, SpringMan
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

Balance wrote:I also have to agree with some of the other posters in obtaining high quality eggs from pastured sources free of antibiotics and hormones that eat a typical chicken diet. In my opinion these eggs look and taste very different from conventionally raised chicken/eggs.
I'm curious about what people pay for these eggs - eggs that you are sure are actually from chickens in pasture. The large ones run $5.99 a dozen where I live. Yes, quite high. These are from chickens that live in a pasture and are moved periodically to stay on fresh pasture.

There are other "cage free" eggs available, both local and transported, but there is no way to know if they are pastured unless you can actually go to the farm. I use these when I have to, but prefer the real pastured eggs.
Brody

Post by Brody »

joha31 wrote:
Claude wrote:This thread will probably be shut down, so I'll leave medical advice out.

+1, I have always looked at buying the more expensive, ethically raised meats as an investment in my health. I feel that the healthier nutritional profile found in ethically raised meats makes it well worth the added cost.
What is meant by "healthier nutritional profile"? What makes ethically raised meats have this.
I am the poster formerly known as Oneanddone.
NAVigator

Post by NAVigator »

AlohaJoe wrote:
pinebarrens1 wrote:The Mayo Clinic advises limiting dietary cholesterol to less than 300 mg a day.
FWIW that's not really a Mayo Clinic recommendation. That's the standard federal Dietary Guidelines for Americans, which first talked about the 300mg limit in the 1960s and formally adopted it in 1973. So the number is over 40 years old.

I'm not positive but I don't think any country but the US sets out guidelines on dietary cholesterol. Canada, Europe, and the UK don't AFAIK. Even recent (2010) "scientific statements from the American Heart Association nutrition committee" have dropped references to dietary cholesterol. It just hasn't been removed from the official recommendations yet.
The Dietary Guidelines are jointly issued and updated every 5 years by the Departments of Agriculture (USDA) and Health and Human Services (HHS).

The latest guideline is for 2010 (released Jan 31, 2011) and can be downloaded here; Dietary Guidelines for Americans - 2010

Jerry
"I was born with nothing and I have most of it left."
Kulak

Post by Kulak »

Some anti-egg findings:

Eggs independently increase the risk of type-2 diabetes. Source

Eggs not associated with heart disease/stroke in the overall population, but even one egg per day doubles the risk in diabetic men and increases it 50% in diabetic women. Source

A paper that might help explain the increased risk in diabetics: Paper It seems that eggs (to oversimplify a lot) slow cholesterol clearance from the bloodstream. I personally am prone to this "chyolmicron remnants" lipoprotein pattern, and NB it does not show up on a standard cholesterol test. (I found out by getting a VAP.)

It seems that whether eggs affect you may be an individual thing. Again, I'm happy to listen to the other side as soon as they can point to a population who lived into their 90s and 100s eating lots of eggs, or an Ornish/Esselstyn-style intervention that allowed lots of eggs.
Depriving ourselves to boost our 40-year success probability much beyond 80% is a fool’s errand, since all you are doing is increasing the probability of failure for [non-financial] reasons. --wbern
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

pinebarrens1 wrote:AlohaJoe........from the Mayo Clinic's website:
Limit the cholesterol in your food. Aim for no more than 300 milligrams (mg) of cholesterol a day — less than 200 mg if you have heart disease. The most concentrated sources of cholesterol include organ meats, egg yolks and whole milk products. Use lean cuts of meat, egg substitutes and skim milk instead
As I said, there's alot of conflicting info out there. Dr Caldwell Esselstyn claims you can make yourself heart attack proof by following a plant based diet and avoiding high cholesterol foods. Many of his patients have reversed their heart disease by following his diet. This was on a CNN Special recently.
Before this thread gets locked; a small percentage of people are hyper-responders and will have averse effects to dietary cholesterol consumption, the majority of people will not. This has been discussed ad-nauseum on this board. The fact that Esselstyn(T. Campbell, Ornish...) has had many patients reverse heart disease has nothing to do with dietary cholesterol and everything to do with the fact that they drastically improved their overall diet; correlation with no proof of causality. The two largest epidemiological studies ever conducted in the United States(Framingham and MR-Fit) were essentially started to prove that dietary fat and cholesterol caused heart disease, both found no evidence that it did. The entire "lipid hypothesis" has been dumbed-down, even its originators did not really believe that dietary cholesterol was the cause of atherosclerosis.

From Chris Masterjohn:

"The pop science version of cholesterol goes something like this: when you eat fatty foods, especially foods rich in animal fat, the saturated fat and cholesterol in these foods wind up in your blood and stick to your arteries. Since saturated fats are solid outside your body, they will be solid inside your body too — despite the 30-degree increase in average temperature. Arteries are much like pipes. When they get caked up with grease, blood flow is impaired, and a heart attack ensues.

None of the prominent scientists who promoted the idea that cholesterol is a critical factor in the development of heart disease ever believed anything remotely resembling this nonsense. From the beginning, they recognized that atherosclerotic plaque accumulates behind the layer of the artery in contact with the blood, called the endothelium, and that the cholesterol and fat within it is engulfed in white blood cells.

The theory these scientists promoted looked something like this: when the cholesterol level in the blood increases, it penetrates the arterial wall and gets stuck; white blood cells circulating in the blood then enter the arterial wall and gobble up the cholesterol; the accumulation of lipid-loaded white blood cells causes local injury, leading to cell death, calcification, and the development of a collagen-laden "fibrous cap" over the atherosclerotic lesion. When the cap ruptures, the blood clots, blocking the artery and causing a heart attack. This is called the lipid hypothesis."

...are high levels of blood cholesterol a symptom of atherosclerosis? Oftentimes, yes. Is dietary cholesterol intake a primary cause of atherosclerosis? No.
LH

Post by LH »

Hmmmm. Read the title, had to finally read it.

Yep, eat eggs. Also my hamburgers never have faces on them, where do you get those? Might try em out, they taste good?

: P
Kulak

Post by Kulak »

stoptothink wrote:The two largest epidemiological studies ever conducted in the United States(Framingham and MR-Fit) were essentially started to prove that dietary fat and cholesterol caused heart disease, both found no evidence that it did.
Not to put words in his mouth, but I believe Esselstyn would respond that virtually nobody in the general population keeps fat or cholesterol low enough to get his results. You'd need total fat around 25 g/day or less, saturated <5 g, and cholesterol very close to 0 mg. If 100% of people smoked, how strong a correlation would you see between smoking and disease? I remember a finding (sorry, don't have the cite) that one cigarette per day doubled heart disease risk, and then increased smoking up to 2-3 packs a day increased risk by another 25% or something.

BTW, I agree that the average person has been taught a cartoon version of the lipid hypothesis, and that the mainstream recommendation of 300mg/day isn't really based on anything.
Depriving ourselves to boost our 40-year success probability much beyond 80% is a fool’s errand, since all you are doing is increasing the probability of failure for [non-financial] reasons. --wbern
joha31

Post by joha31 »

Brody wrote:
joha31 wrote:

What is meant by "healthier nutritional profile"? What makes ethically raised meats have this.
Just in terms of eggs, high concentrations of Vitamin D3 and omega 3s.
brianH

Post by brianH »

Glad to see a general consensus that the lipid hypothesis is quite likely wrong, and it may have been a contributing factor in our current obesity/diabetes/heart disease epidemic.

On topic: as a very low carb eater, I eat at least 4 eggs a day (breakfast), and I may add one or two more before bed if I'm hungry. Eggs are a great source of protein and hard to get essential nutrients like choline. They're also probably the cheapest 'meat' one can eat.
NAVigator

Post by NAVigator »

The scientific basis for the guidelines from the government agencies is described in Section D part 3, pages 210-258 of USDA Report of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. The studies cited are listed at the end with many two-column pages. To assert, based on the consensus of a few opinions given here, that the recommendations are in error has little credence.

The decision to eat eggs is always based on guidelines; either scientific or personal taste.

Jerry
"I was born with nothing and I have most of it left."
CaliJim

Post by CaliJim »

L'avenir c'est dans les oeufs.
bhoy

Post by bhoy »

[quote="rayout"]
" Most vegans and vegetarians switch out of their diet due to declining health. "

Then you apparently don't know many vegans or the ones you do know eat a very unhealthy diet. I am vegan, have been for close to 20 years, married to a woman who is vegan and approximately the same amount of time. Also know many, many, many other vegans and most have been eating the diet for a long time and none are having or have had heath issues. Stop spouting off BS about a diet you clearly know nothing about. Tell me, what is the scientific weight of the conclusion of 'most'? The FACT is that if you eat a healthly, balanced vegan diet, you will have no declining health issues that are specifically linked to the diet. If you eat junk food, yes there is a lot of junk vegan food, then of course you will have health issue. Don't blame a health diet for the flaws of those who are not practicing it as intended.
camper

Post by camper »

In honor of this thread, I had 3 eggs and 2 pieces of toast for breakfast this morning.
marie17

Post by marie17 »

I have about five - six eggs per week - one most mornings. I find it keeps my hunger at bay so much more effectively than steel cut oats (which is my other option). I try to avoid sugar - so eggs are a good breakfast to that end.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

beareconomy wrote:I love hard boiled eggs, I only eat the egg white as it is the yolk with the bad cholesterol in it.
I disagree with the "bad cholesterol" theory, but I hope that you realize that you're not getting all the benefits of eggs if you skip the yolk. An egg shell is more permeable than it appears, and bacteria can enter the egg. The egg white is a buffer that very few bacteria can live in (some essential nutrients are missing) and that protects the important yolk.

Just my $0.02, but I want all the nutrients :)
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Claude wrote:
beareconomy wrote:I love hard boiled eggs, I only eat the egg white as it is the yolk with the bad cholesterol in it.
I disagree with the "bad cholesterol" theory, but I hope that you realize that you're not getting all the benefits of eggs if you skip the yolk. An egg shell is more permeable than it appears, and bacteria can enter the egg. The egg white is a buffer that very few bacteria can live in (some essential nutrients are missing) and that protects the important yolk.

Yep, akin to skinning an apple/potato/carrot; you just tossed most of the nutrient content.http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
joha31

Post by joha31 »

stoptothink wrote:
Claude wrote:

Yep, akin to skinning an apple/potato/carrot; you just tossed most of the nutrient content.http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
Speaking of which, have you ever eaten a kiwi with the skin on? Mmmmm. Very tasty.
dm200

Post by dm200 »

The things I read are so conflicting, but the trend seems to be towards the view that eggs are really not that bad for cholesterol.

So, I take the middle ground. As part of my eating very healthy stuff and not eating bad stuff, I eat two eggs (usually soft scrambled on whole grain toast) twice a week as part of lunch or dinner (with no meat/fish). About once a week, my wife and I go out to dinner where I have the salad bar with my meal and have a lot of chopped hard boiled egg. The positive nutritional content of eggs is hard for me to ignore. My cholesterol numbers are pretty good, but not perfect yet. I did get off of 40 mg simvastatin.
gatorking

Post by gatorking »

I would rather eat eggs than bread.
GregLee

Post by GregLee »

I stopped eating eggs several years ago, and though my total cholesterol level is a little high (201mg/dL), my triglyceride/HDL ratio is quite good. I stopped eating eggs not because of any concern about cholesterol, but just to help me lose weight, and I don't have any opinion about any connection between egg eating and cholesterol level. It's a theory making rounds on the net that the triglyceride/HDL ratio is a measure of the dense, non-fluffy HDL in the blood. See, e.g.,
All you have to do is determine your ratio of triglycerides to HDL cholesterol, which would be found as part of the results of your last cholesterol screening. If you ratio is less than 2, you have predominantly large, fluffy LDL particles that are not going to do you much harm. If your ratio is greater than 4, you have a lot of small, dense LDL particles that can accelerate the development of atherosclerotic plaques – regardless of your total cholesterol levels.
http://www.cbn.com/health/NaturalHealth ... ttack.aspx
My ratio is triglyceride/HDL = (41mg/dL)/(86mg/dL) = 0.48.
Greg, retired 8/10.
brisni

Post by brisni »

For last couple years, my diet has included lots of eggs, red meat, nuts, coconut oil, butter, all bad foods according
to mainstream medical. Regardless, my cholesterol profile is excellent and I have no health problems (44 y.o.)
chaz

Post by chaz »

DW cooks egg whites.
Chaz | | “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." Woody Allen | | http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Bfwolf

Post by Bfwolf »

Liquid egg substitutes can be a good alternative for people worried about the cholesterol etc. in egg yolks. You can buy egg whites, which are of course 100% egg whites. Or you can buy the yellow liquid egg substitutes which look/taste/feel more like shell eggs and are 99% egg whites. Neither of these are as tasty as shell eggs with the yolk of course, but they're potentially a lot healthier.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Two to three eggs five days a week plus two to three strips of bacon with the eggs.
Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer »

I eat about 12-20 eggs per week. I can't say if it's hurting my health in the long run, of course.
dm200

Post by dm200 »

dm200 wrote:The things I read are so conflicting, but the trend seems to be towards the view that eggs are really not that bad for cholesterol.

So, I take the middle ground. As part of my eating very healthy stuff and not eating bad stuff, I eat two eggs (usually soft scrambled on whole grain toast) twice a week as part of lunch or dinner (with no meat/fish). About once a week, my wife and I go out to dinner where I have the salad bar with my meal and have a lot of chopped hard boiled egg. The positive nutritional content of eggs is hard for me to ignore. My cholesterol numbers are pretty good, but not perfect yet. I did get off of 40 mg simvastatin.
Also, my wife watches "Dr Oz" and she tells me that "Dr Oz" says eggs are just fine.
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Bfwolf wrote:Liquid egg substitutes can be a good alternative for people worried about the cholesterol etc. in egg yolks. You can buy egg whites, which are of course 100% egg whites. Or you can buy the yellow liquid egg substitutes which look/taste/feel more like shell eggs and are 99% egg whites. Neither of these are as tasty as shell eggs with the yolk of course, but they're potentially a lot healthier.
I guess that's what makes horse races. I could not disagree more. Take an egg from a chicken that has been ethically raised, crack its healthy shell, and put the colorful yolk and white into a bowl. Contrast that with a "normal" egg with its fragile shell and its pale yellow yolk. Taking it one more step further from good food are the factory produced liquid egg-ish products. No thanks.

IMO, I guess it goes without saying, the real egg is "potentially a lot healthier."
leoc2

Post by leoc2 »

I have switch to using egg whites in wraps for lunch. Lost of protein and no cholesterol.
2b + Not(2B) that is the boolean question?
epilnk

Post by epilnk »

Most people don't seem to be harmed by egg consumption. Some do need to limit cholesterol intake. A few need to severely restrict cholesterol intake. There IS most definitely a link between cholesterol intake and high serum cholesterol. There IS most definitely a link between serum cholesterol and adverse health outcomes. The exact nature of these links continues to be a developing story.

So should you eat eggs? I know what I do, and what my cardiac patient husband does. For anyone else I won't venture a guess. Because even if I knew, taking my word on it would be as dumb as blindly following a TV personality or the latest theory online. Get your bloodwork checked regularly, and have a competent person review your health risks with you. A lot of people on this thread are eating eggs or avoiding eggs for some pretty dicey reasons.
Last edited by epilnk on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer »

gatorking wrote:I would rather eat eggs than bread.
Ditto!

My breakfast of choice recently is (the measurements are approximate; I don't actually measure):

- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 large eggs

I mix the oatmeal, blueberries, and whatever milk is necessary for the right consistency. I drink the rest of the milk separate.

DELICIOUS!