Coach Paterno

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
hazlitt777

Coach Paterno

Post by hazlitt777 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:47 pm

What do you guys think about this Coach Paterno story?

dave2589

Re: Coach Paterno

Post by dave2589 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:12 pm

he has done a wonderful job for that school,though he could have done more in this situation. he did report it to his superior and as of yet did nothing illegal. I guess this is what they call a "teachable moment " for all.

very sad situation for all.

Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:58 pm

I think it's despicable that he, an adult, did not do everything in his power to ensure that it would be reported to the authorities.

If I saw a guy at work raping a ten-year old child or someone told me they saw it, I'd make sure that the authorities are notified. If my superior did not notify them, I'd do it myself.

How did all involved sleep at night knowing this scumbag was roaming free?

riskonoff

Post by riskonoff » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:03 pm

I think Joe would have called the Police a long time ago if it was one of his grandkids that was in the shower with Sandusky.

Everyone involved dropped the ball and it is because there was no checks and balances and the Joe Pa football program completely ran the show. It was all about protecting the Joe Pa and Penn State image.

Many boys lives were ruined to proctect the Penn State 'image'. Remember the Children.....

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7208 ... te-scandal

dhodson

Post by dhodson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm not sure why people feel he should have done more. He was told something. He didn't see anything. He reported what he heard. How is he to know if it is true or how to investigate it.

zinnia

Post by zinnia » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Paterno is so arrogant he believes he'll decide when he quits coaching..he'd be on a bus out of a town tomorrow morning if I were in charge
Last edited by zinnia on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zinnia

Post by zinnia » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:11 pm

dhodson wrote:I'm not sure why people feel he should have done more. He was told something. He didn't see anything. He reported what he heard. How is he to know if it is true or how to investigate it.
oh yeah, he was told something alright.......he was told one of his coaches was raping kids in his showers....this isn't lifting a candy bar out of the cafeteria....we'll eventually find there were many more kids...paterno is scum

Pacific

Post by Pacific » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:14 pm

dhodson wrote:I'm not sure why people feel he should have done more. He was told something. He didn't see anything. He reported what he heard. How is he to know if it is true or how to investigate it.
Yeah, but he didn't report it to law enforcement.

Meanwhile, I apologize in advance for this but:

If women who date younger men are called Cougars, are men who date young boys called Nittany Lions?

This is what a "legend" and his fine school have become -- a mockery.

zinnia

Post by zinnia » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:20 pm

I believe ole Joe will be spending his last years in court, if not criminal, then civil...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... ?hpt=hp_t1

steve88

Post by steve88 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:25 pm

wonder why he looked the other way. They must be really good friends.

kingsnake

Post by kingsnake » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:33 pm

They say JoePa is the most powerful man at Penn State, and he did basically nothing to help those children. How is it possible that the child rapist was still allowed to be on campus for 9 more years!! IF the AD didnt report it JoePa should have. He should be fired and not allowed to finish the season!

jej

Post by jej » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Pacific wrote:
Yeah, but he didn't report it to law enforcement.

Was he legally obligated to do so?

http://www.rainn.org/pdf-files-and-othe ... nia09C.pdf

Looks like it.

Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Starting a new thread on a previously-locked topic is a violation of forum policy. This thread is locked and the OP will receive a warning for the violation.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi