Computer Speaker Recommendations

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
sunnyday

Computer Speaker Recommendations

Post by sunnyday » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm going to buy my parents some computer speakers so they can listen to music in their living room. What should I look for and what would your recommend? My budget is ~$35 but I could spend more if the difference is significant.

Rob5TCP

Post by Rob5TCP » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Logitech, Altec Lansing among others are decent to good low end computer speakers. NewEgg is a good place to buy it. At $35 you should find a sub woofer, which adds some bass. At $35, these are not audiophile speakers, but quite a step up from what usually comes with the computer.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory ... e=Speakers
Last edited by Rob5TCP on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

tfb

Re: Computer Speaker Recommendations

Post by tfb » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 pm

sunnyday wrote:I'm going to buy my parents some computer speakers so they can listen to music in their living room. What should I look for and what would your recommend? My budget is ~$35 but I could spend more if the difference is significant.
At that price level, a 2.1 setup will be adequate. Something like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-S ... 0027VT6V4/

I don't have them but they seem to have good reviews.
Harry Sit, taking a break from the forums.

MekongTrader

Re: Computer Speaker Recommendations

Post by MekongTrader » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:28 pm

sunnyday wrote:I'm going to buy my parents some computer speakers so they can listen to music in their living room. What should I look for and what would your recommend? My budget is ~$35 but I could spend more if the difference is significant.
I bought a set of Logitech speakers recently. $10 only but the sound is really really good. For $35 you should get a very good set of speakers.
MT