2nd time this week my FIOS has gone out grrrrr

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
jack1719

2nd time this week my FIOS has gone out grrrrr

Post by jack1719 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Happened about 8 pm on Monday,decided to go to bed at 10 pm it was still out,woke up it was back...

tonight again its out,have had it almost 1 year,not one single issue..I am very annoyed ready to cancel it...

I wonder if Verizon is overwhelmed cause of the strike...or if someone is sabotaging the service in the building..

norookie

Post by norookie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 pm

:D Consider the FIOS TV advertisment 6 mo ago, and now. I've 2 friends there, both say wireless there makes money, everything else is in the toilet. ie, home/pay phone, Cable TV is in the spiraling toilet, too.....All new employees are employed at will. Remember it used to be ATT. It's a second/third buyout soon for the union workers. I'm dropping them soon as well.
" Wealth usually leads to excess " Cicero 55 b.c

WatchinU

Post by WatchinU » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 pm

have you called them to report the problem?
Once I report a problem to Verizon then they are usually good about following up and resolving the problem. sometimes the problem takes longer to fix if they discover they have some bad network equipment somewhere.

Verizon will prorate your bill if you ask. They will credit you for the days without service.

I know its frustrating to be without FIOS. I'm sure there will be some good story behind it.

pfrank

Post by pfrank » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 am

We are having alot of problems with Verizon in MA since the strike. Cables are being cut. Verizon just can't keep up with the service calls.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/easton/featu ... z1VNK0NMpB

jasonlitka

Post by jasonlitka » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:50 pm

It's got to be sabotage from the strike. I've had FiOS for 6 or 7 years now and haven't had a single outage.

(Well, in full disclosure, the Actiontec router they gave me when I signed up released the magic blue smoke about 18 months in, I had a different device so I didn't actually have any meaningful downtime. I mentioned it on DSLReports and no one else had that problem so I called it a one-off and went on with my life.)
Jason Litka