Nisiprius Investments Launches Yet Another Innovative Fund

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities

When will YOU invest in the Nisiprius Optimum Blended Universal Index Fund and get the confidence that will make others notice you?

Today
37%
Today
37%
Tomorrow
26%

Total votes: 95

EyeYield

Re: Nisiprius Investments Launches Yet Another Innovative Fund

Post by EyeYield » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:42 am

The Nisiprius Optimum Blended Universal Index Fund sounds pretty good, but it lacks the word Strategic in it's name, so it can't be that good.
"The stock market is a giant distraction from the business of investing." - Jack Bogle

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:48 am

I've been waiting for 6 years to jump in because I haven't been able to decide whether to dollar-cost average or lumpsum, and now I realize that this is totally not actionable!

Archie Sinclair

Post by Archie Sinclair » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:50 pm

EddyB wrote:Is there an institutionalized investor class?
I too would welcome a share class that is marketed exclusively to investors who reside in mental institutions.

Diogenes

Re:

Post by Diogenes » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:12 am

Levett wrote:Maryanne writes:

In my past dealings with nisiprius he has always dressed very well and drives a really nice car and I am sure his stationary is embossed. Besides he explains everything soooo carefully.

I agree. And he's very sincere. :lol: Bob U.

Yes, but what really convinced me was the paragraph in the nice brochure where he explained that he really did it all 'for the children.' The fact that only dolphin safe investments would be considered and that the planet would be a better place with every dollar I deposit with him made me feel good about cashing in everything else I have - today!
Maybe now I won't need the Prius anymore?

_D_

beardsworth

Post by beardsworth » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:34 am

EyeYield wrote:The Nisiprius Optimum Blended Universal Index Fund sounds pretty good, but it lacks the word Strategic in it's name, so it can't be that good.
Yes, "Strategic" is always reassuring to see.

But for that extra warm-and-cozy assurance of future success in an index fund, I also like to see "Enhanced." Surely that alone must be worth a little bit of extra operating expense. :)

http://www3.troweprice.com/fb2/fbkweb/s ... cker=PBDIX

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutua ... /31606X100

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutua ... /31606X407

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutua ... /31606X605

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutua ... /31606X506

https://www.jpmorganfunds.com/marketexp ... ancedindex

http://www.stewardmutualfunds.com/domestic_funds.asp

Dulocracy

Post by Dulocracy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Levett wrote:" I now have a wife with a good paying job"

I assume this is for the long run! ;-)

Lev
I really hope so. :beer
I'm not a financial professional. Post is info only & not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship exists with reader. Scrutinize my ideas as if you spoke with a guy at a bar. I may be wrong.

parsi1

Post by parsi1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:31 pm

does it pay any dividend?
I will invest only if it pays dividend.

Topic Author
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Ricola wrote:Will there be a long 3x leveraged version? oh, and and also I will need a short 3x leveraged version. Can't wait! :mrgreen:
You don't need two funds.

We will soon be announcing the Nisiprius Absolute Direction Alternation Fund which, for the first time, captures the Fundamental Unavoidably Dispersed Growth Expectation factor. This factor works just like quantum vacuum energy and virtually vaults veritable value out of vacuum by exploiting very small differences in index providers. These differences can never be arbitraged away because they are so small that nobody but us has ever seen them.

How does NADAX compare with our existing fund, NOBUX? Well, NOBUX invests long in a diversified portfolio of index funds.

In contrast, in NADAX, our crack research team looks at pairs of matching indexes from different providers--the FTSE All-World Ex-US index versus the MSCI ACWI Ex-US index, for example--to see which has higher loading on the FUDGE factor. It then invests long in the FUDGE-heavy index fund while shorting the FUDGE-light index fund.

Because the differences are small, we apply a conservative amount of leverage to each exposure, which is varied according to a quantitative model that optimizes risk and never is allowed to exceed 39X. Risks are low because both long and short exposures never ever ever can be very different from each other; in fact, because of the countervailing long and short exposures, it is practically the same as if there was no leverage at all. In any case, don't worry about the leverage, we know what we're doing, we've been leveraging for years and it's never blown up on us yet, except that time.

NADAX is a market neutral fund; Absolute Direction means we are absolutely positive it will always move in the same direction regardless of which way the market moves.

Although the expense ratio may seem high, don't forget that for just pennies a day you get up to 78 times as much FUDGE as you could get for yourself investing long-only.

Nisiprius Investments--Where Your Investments Create Profit(sm).

It's a joke. There is no such firm as Nisiprius Investments. The products described do not exist. Nothing is being offered for sale.
Last edited by nisiprius on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

wesgreen

Post by wesgreen » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Dulocracy, thanks for reviving this. Bogleheads in 2009 set a pretty high standard for posts!

Dulocracy

Post by Dulocracy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:16 pm

wesgreen wrote:Dulocracy, thanks for reviving this. Bogleheads in 2009 set a pretty high standard for posts!
I did not know if people would be pleased or annoyed, but Nisiprius' post was just too good.

Please Note: Apparently, the website has gotten a lot more business like since 2009, as Nisiprius originally did not have to post that this was a joke, but felt it necessary now! :|
I'm not a financial professional. Post is info only & not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship exists with reader. Scrutinize my ideas as if you spoke with a guy at a bar. I may be wrong.

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:12 pm

Dulocracy wrote:
wesgreen wrote:Dulocracy, thanks for reviving this. Bogleheads in 2009 set a pretty high standard for posts!
I did not know if people would be pleased or annoyed, but Nisiprius' post was just too good.

Please Note: Apparently, the website has gotten a lot more business like since 2009, as Nisiprius originally did not have to post that this was a joke, but felt it necessary now! :|
Right. :happy

I noticed that little (and I mean *little*) disclaimer, and went back to the start of the thread to see if there was one there in the First, Original, Primary, Initial Prospectus description summary abstract. There wasn't.

But I'm not sure where all the checks sent to Nisiprius Investments Conglomerate Universal, at "[t]he terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles" would actually go.
To the same PO where letters to Santa end up?

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

Raymond

Post by Raymond » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:15 pm

nisiprius wrote:"...This factor works just like quantum vacuum energy and virtually vaults veritable value out of vacuum by exploiting very small differences in index providers. These differences can never be arbitraged away because they are so small that nobody but us has ever seen them..."
:D

Reminds me of this: "Turbo Encabulator" - The Original
"Ritter, Tod und Teufel"

Topic Author
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Raymond wrote:
nisiprius wrote:"...This factor works just like quantum vacuum energy and virtually vaults veritable value out of vacuum by exploiting very small differences in index providers. These differences can never be arbitraged away because they are so small that nobody but us has ever seen them..."
:D

Reminds me of this: "Turbo Encabulator" - The Original
Oh my! How did I ever miss that one. I love it. The 1950s-style Edward R. Murrow-style delivery is perfect, the voice dropping a musical fifth on the last word of every sentence.

The only thing missing is a musical accompaniment, which ought to be in this general style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t6_piBtLpA
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

zeep

Post by zeep » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:59 pm

From time to time I have thought of forming a fund family based on Efficient Markets Theory. We'd have a series of funds that each contained a diversified portfolio of randomly selected holdings. We'd start with the Dartboard Fund, and then launch the Monkeys at Typewriters Fund (higher expense ratio). Gotta be less expensive that licensing an expensive index! If the market is efficient and capital assets are inherently priced appropriately, what could go wrong? :mrgreen:

EyeYield

Post by EyeYield » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:58 am

the voice dropping a musical fifth on the last word of every sentence.
It may be some kind of fifth, but it's not musical. :D
"The stock market is a giant distraction from the business of investing." - Jack Bogle