Beaches near to Miami with little crowds

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
andyandyandy

Beaches near to Miami with little crowds

Post by andyandyandy »

All,

Me & wife will be in Miami for 3 nights in Jan 2025. Looking for someplace for relaxation( should have food options nearby but not too crowded)
If some drivable beaches (up to 2 hours from Miami) with Cabins/Cottage or calm places?

Appreciate guidance!
Thank you!
Last edited by andyandyandy on Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
andyandyandy

Re: Beaches near to Miami with Cottage

Post by andyandyandy »

Anyone :) ?
Looking for just a place to relax little away from crowds near Miami in January !
techbud

Post by techbud »

Southeast Florida has some of the most developed beachfront areas on the entire eastern seaboard. So it may be your description of desiring “cabins/cottages” that’s causing lack of response.

You can certainly find quiet areas with condos, townhouses, or small single family homes to rent or airbnb, but the idea of a cabin is going to be challenging if not impossible.

For quiet and “on the beach”, you’ll need to go either south from Miami to the keys, or north to an area like Juno Beach or Jupiter. (You didn’t mention budget but I am assuming less ritzy/costly given the desire for cabin or cottage, thus I didn’t mention some towns in Palm Beach county which could fill the bill but would likely be pricier. )
Outer Marker

Post by Outer Marker »

Fly to one of the out islands of the Bahamas. I don't think you're going to find the shack on a beach experience you're looking for in South Florida.
Wannaretireearly

Post by Wannaretireearly »

Fort Lauderdale. Love going there.
“At some point you are trading time you will never get back for money you will never spend.“ | “How do you want to spend the best remaining year of your life?“
tibbitts

Post by tibbitts »

Wannaretireearly wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:41 am Fort Lauderdale. Love going there.
You might want to be a little more specific if you're directing the OP to an oceanfront/beach "cottage/cabin", since if there are (still) any I'm thinking they're pretty rare.
Topic Author
andyandyandy

Post by andyandyandy »

techbud wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:04 am Southeast Florida has some of the most developed beachfront areas on the entire eastern seaboard. So it may be your description of desiring “cabins/cottages” that’s causing lack of response.

You can certainly find quiet areas with condos, townhouses, or small single family homes to rent or airbnb, but the idea of a cabin is going to be challenging if not impossible.

For quiet and “on the beach”, you’ll need to go either south from Miami to the keys, or north to an area like Juno Beach or Jupiter. (You didn’t mention budget but I am assuming less ritzy/costly given the desire for cabin or cottage, thus I didn’t mention some towns in Palm Beach county which could fill the bill but would likely be pricier. )
Thanks! I updated the description now! Any calm places nearby should be good!
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

andyandyandy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:39 am Anyone :) ?
Looking for just a place to relax little away from crowds near Miami in January !
Away from crowds, you are talking probably hours up the coast.

Delray Beach is pleasant, and not like a hustle bustle party place but there will be a lot of people there. For what you are looking for I’d guess well north of Palm Beach, all the way up to Cocoa Beach

Not many cabins. Probably either condos or maybe air BNB houses hours up the coast.
Hebell

Re: Beaches near to Miami with little crowds

Post by Hebell »

Just left S FL. (Boca) The place is a zoo. If you are there for peace and quiet, you should rebook.
NYCaviator

Post by NYCaviator »

Hebell wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:11 pm Just left S FL. (Boca) The place is a zoo. If you are there for peace and quiet, you should rebook.
This. There's nothing peaceful or quiet about S. Florida. Even the Keys are getting packed and touristy.

OP, as one poster mentioned above, check out the Bahamas. Quick hop from Miami and you can probably find what you're looking for there.
22twain

Post by 22twain »

andyandyandy wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:14 am (up to 2 hours from Miami)
Maybe the west coast? According to Google Maps, Miami to Naples is about 2 hours. :twisted:
Meet my pet, Peeve, who loves to convert non-acronyms into acronyms: FED, ROTH, CASH, IVY, ...
muffins14

Post by muffins14 »

andyandyandy wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:14 am All,

Me & wife will be in Miami for 3 nights in Jan 2025. Looking for someplace for relaxation( should have food options nearby but not too crowded)
If some drivable beaches (up to 2 hours from Miami) with Cabins/Cottage or calm places?

Appreciate guidance!
Thank you!
Parts of Miami Beach can be less crowded than others. I like the areas around 6th st and lower

Do you want a less-packed Miami Beach than like Lincoln road area, or do you literally want an isolated shack on the beach? If the latter, maybe other places in South Carolina, or North like Long Island, Jersey shore, Nantucket, cape cod etc would work.
Crom laughs at your Four Winds
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Appreciate guidance!
Thank you!
January is the start of the peak tourist season in Florida generally, and Miami/South Florida in particular. As others have told you OP there is really not any “quiet” beach area to find anywhere near Miami in January.

You might want to look into the West Coast, which is a two-three hour drive from Miami.

The gulf beaches and resorts tend to be a bit more calm and you can find upscale lodgings that may not have such a raucous high season tourist vibe.

Sanibel and Captiva were hit very hard by a hurricane almost 2 years ago, but much of the area is back online. The general vibe over there is very old Florida in the sense that the islands have strong building codes so there are no high-rises, only a couple of grandfathered in chain stores, and not a single stoplight.

You might find something over there that would be beachfront and give you what you are looking for. Because many of the properties were built under stronger modern building code standards they did not have as much damage. Captiva feels like a tiny gem far away from all of the hustle and bustle.

That said book early it’s high season!
TheAccountant

Post by TheAccountant »

andyandyandy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:39 am Anyone :) ?
You’re looking for a place that doesn’t exist.
dollarsaver

Post by dollarsaver »

Appreciate guidance!
Thank you!
My wife and I spent 6-8 weeks in Lauderdale-by-the-sea and Pompano Beach. Both are quiet with walkability. Beaches are very quiet during the winter season.
Topic Author
andyandyandy

Post by andyandyandy »

Thank you all!!
rule of law guy

Post by rule of law guy »

Crandon Park on Key Biscayne
Never wrong, unless my wife tells me that I am.