sound bar for TV

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
HotRod140

sound bar for TV

Post by HotRod140 »

Hi Everyone,
Recently, purchased a 65 inch Hisense U8H (very nice picture)and I am looking for ideas for all in one sound bar. I use my Apple 4K as the operating system. Much better than TV system. Can any audio people make a suggestion? Thanks
Nowizard

Re: sound bar for TV

Post by Nowizard »

We use a Sonos sound bar with a bass addition on the floor and had two additional Sonos speakers on stands to either side of the television. It produced very strong surround sound that became distracting over time. It might have been fine in a dedicated room, but was too much of an overall system for a den. The sound bar and bass added some quality but not enough to justify it for us, so even it is not in use. My wife agrees, but there are obviously different opinions, mine possibly affected by wearing hearing aids. Sonos system very good, however, and used by our sons.

Tim
mbltna

Post by mbltna »

We have a Vizio soundbar (https://www.vizio.com/en/sound-bar/m-series/M51a-H6). We have a fairly small living room by today’s standards and it can crush the room (which is great in my book), so I’d expect it would be great in larger spaces as well. Given all the streaming content (music and movies) we listen to that support Atmos, it’s been a great match (we use Apple 4K as well).
delamer

Post by delamer »

We have fairly basic ZVOX soundbar that we bought to make dialogue crisper, due to hearing loss on both of our parts. It has helped.

It would be useful to modify your post to describe what attributes you are looking for in a sound bar.

The need for a hearing aid is different than the desire to maximize surround sound, for instance.
One thing that humbles me deeply is to see that human genius has its limits while human stupidity does not. - Alexandre Dumas, fils
rvlife

Post by rvlife »

Bose TV speaker sound bar with enhanced dialogue button, $279 on Amazon.
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

I use Vizio Elevate. The software is a little buggy, but the sound bar has Bluetooth.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

I like rtings.com for av reviews. Pick a price point and features you are comfortable with and see which is best. Do you want a subwoofer? Surrounds? Atmos?

https://www.rtings.com/soundbar