Secure message Center down

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Else

Secure message Center down

Post by Else »

When I hit the button for the Vanguard secure message center, the support center comes up instead. Message center is gone again.
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Re: Secure message Center down

Post by nisiprius »

I don't get an error or a blank screen. I get a "Secure Message Center" screen, but there's no compose button, no way to send a new message, and "Inbox," "Sent Messages," and "Deleted and Expired Messages" are all empty (although I've had activity within the last couple of years).

A banner at the top seems to be urging me to use a real-time chat feature. A "chat" button is available. Links for "Vanguard Support Center," "Statements," and "Confirmations" work.

For me, it looks like a very clumsy transition, terminating the actual message feature but leaving the screen in place temporarily as a way to navigate to other things.
HomeStretch wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:24 am Which website does your post relate to?

Perhaps you can call them?
I think it relates to personal.vanguard.com and the little envelope icon on the main page.

Checking with the forum is reasonable, because it's a waste of time calling Vanguard for a widespread outage affecting many customers, but appropriate if it's a glitch that seems to only affect one account.
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
bondsr4me

Post by bondsr4me »

I don't see the Compose button, but I do see the "real time chat" notification across the top of the screen in a block and also the "Chat" button shows at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
Last edited by bondsr4me on Wed May 15, 2024 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
LongRoad

Post by LongRoad »

Completed a transfer out of Vanguard last week (so have a zero balance there now) but DO see the Compose button when logging in and it appears to work, though I didn't try clicking Send.
gerontius

Post by gerontius »

I see the Compose button. Clicking it displays the form for sending a message, so it appears to work.
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

Everything seems normal to me.

I was able to compose a message and send it.

As well, all my recent sent and received messages are still available.

Broken Man 1999

ETA: I do not have a "chat" button.
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
Topic Author
Else

Post by Else »

Broken Man 1999 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:32 am Everything seems normal to me.

I was able to compose a message and send it.

As well, all my recent sent and received messages are still available.

Broken Man 1999

ETA: I do not have a "chat" button.
Thanks for all the replies. It is working again for me,too. The Chat Button comes and goes. Yesterday it was there. Sort of in the way. Today not.