Ashley Furniture Push Back Recliner Repair - Any Repair Mechanics Here? - SOLVED

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
AllMostThere

Ashley Furniture Push Back Recliner Repair - Any Repair Mechanics Here? - SOLVED

Post by AllMostThere »

I have used an Ashley Furniture Push Back Recliner for the past +10 years. I really like it as it's a mission style and the wide wooden armrests are perfect for a resting my coffee in the morning. :P Anyways, the reclining mechanism has broken, and I cannot for the life of me find replacement parts for this recliner. Ashley Corp & Local seller has been totally useless in supporting me with parts or even providing sources. Has anyone here had similar luck finding a retailer for recliner replacement parts? Any suggestions?

While I didn't purchase from Amazon the link below is the actual recliner. Tag on bottom says PN: 1990026

https://www.amazon.com/Ashley-Furniture ... MWXE&psc=1

************************** SOLVED **************************************

April 11 Update:
After multiple unsuccessful attempts with various parts suppliers, I was able to find a "Chat" feature on the Ashley Parts website. Interestingly, while the Ashley 800 number and Local seller where useless, the chat feature was great. They responded within 5 minutes from a BOT to an actual person who was outstanding. After providing the recliner SN they agreed to provide me with the replacement parts at no charge. They FEDEX'd the 22 lbs of steel parts to me with zero charge. I just installed the new parts in ~ 1 1/2 hours and recliner is like new again. Hopefully, this thread is useful to others needing Ashley parts in the future.

https://ashleyfurniture.parts/
Last edited by AllMostThere on Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is not about how much you make; it is about how much you keep and how well you invest it. - Author Unknown | Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. - Author James Dean
jryan

Re: Ashley Furniture Push Back Recliner Repair - Any Repair Mechanics Here?

Post by jryan »

Fortunately, I don't have any first hand experience with a similar issue, but...

Perhaps your mechanism is similar to this Replacement 3 Way Push Back Style Recliner Mechanism Set (out of stock) or this 2000/8550 Reclining Mechanism Set For Recliners and Sofas (in stock).

You may want to contact Furniture Rehab's customer support to see if they have any suggestions.

It seems that many of the mechanisms that I found while searching have a four digit "feature code" so you might want to see if your existing mechanism might have a similar identifier.

The Recliner Repair Guy has a YouTube series that discusses sourcing recliner parts.

Good luck in finding the parts that you need and if they aren't available, I hope you can find a way of making a suitable repair.

It would be a shame to be forced to discard a perfectly good chair due to lack of repair parts.
Doom&Gloom

Post by Doom&Gloom »

We had an Ashley reclining loveseat in the bedroom for several years. After a few years it sheared a rivet in the reclining mechanism of one of the seats. I replaced that rivet with a nut and bolt which lasted several months before it sheared. I rinsed and repeated every 2-8 months for several years until something else in the reclining mechanism broke that was beyond my ability to repair. I hated to lose that loveseat as it was extremely comfortable.

I don't have any replacement part ideas, but perhaps there is some way to rig a workaround? If not, I feel your pain.
Topic Author
AllMostThere

Post by AllMostThere »

Doom&Gloom wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:07 am We had an Ashley reclining loveseat in the bedroom for several years. After a few years it sheared a rivet in the reclining mechanism of one of the seats. I replaced that rivet with a nut and bolt which lasted several months before it sheared. I rinsed and repeated every 2-8 months for several years until something else in the reclining mechanism broke that was beyond my ability to repair. I hated to lose that loveseat as it was extremely comfortable.

I don't have any replacement part ideas, but perhaps there is some way to rig a workaround? If not, I feel your pain.
Yeah, I can usually fix most things around the house which got me down this path. Unfortunately, one of the scissor mechanisms is badly bent and the other one has a bar actually broken. No work around is possible. :oops: If I cannot find a replacement part, I may just attempt to add some wood blocking and make it a non-recliner chair......
It is not about how much you make; it is about how much you keep and how well you invest it. - Author Unknown | Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. - Author James Dean
Topic Author
AllMostThere

Post by AllMostThere »

jryan wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:13 pm Fortunately, I don't have any first hand experience with a similar issue, but...

Perhaps your mechanism is similar to this Replacement 3 Way Push Back Style Recliner Mechanism Set (out of stock) or this 2000/8550 Reclining Mechanism Set For Recliners and Sofas (in stock).

You may want to contact Furniture Rehab's customer support to see if they have any suggestions.

It seems that many of the mechanisms that I found while searching have a four digit "feature code" so you might want to see if your existing mechanism might have a similar identifier.

The Recliner Repair Guy has a YouTube series that discusses sourcing recliner parts.

Good luck in finding the parts that you need and if they aren't available, I hope you can find a way of making a suitable repair.

It would be a shame to be forced to discard a perfectly good chair due to lack of repair parts.
Thanks for the suggested part site. I have reached out to Funiture Rehab and engaged their customer support. Hopefully, they come thru for me.