5G in Europe

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
rich126

5G in Europe

Post by rich126 »

Are you limited in Europe if your cell phone doesn't support 5G?

Unfortunately my iPhone doesn't support 5G.
----------------------------- | If you think something is important and it doesn't involve the health of someone, think again. Life goes too fast, enjoy it and be nice.
MGBMartin

Re: 5G in Europe

Post by MGBMartin »

No, 5g is not required.
4G is still very much available in Europe.
Bad spellers of the world untie | Autocorrect is my worst enema
arcticpineapplecorp.

Post by arcticpineapplecorp. »

5g is more to assist in the internet of things (i.e., all your home appliances connected and talking to each other and so your refrigerator can order more milk when it determines you're running low). It's not really needed for cel phones. It's a gimmick.
It's hard to accept the truth when the lies were exactly what you wanted to hear. Investing is simple, but not easy. Buy, hold & rebalance low cost index funds & manage taxable events. Asking Portfolio Questions | Wiki
LookinAround

Post by LookinAround »

rich126 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:08 pm Are you limited in Europe if your cell phone doesn't support 5G?

Now that you have that question out of the way (I'd guess), here's some other related topics you might also find helpful

> Europe eSIMs
> Best options for calling/data plan for European travel
Topic Author
rich126

Post by rich126 »

LookinAround wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:08 am
rich126 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:08 pm Are you limited in Europe if your cell phone doesn't support 5G?

Now that you have that question out of the way (I'd guess), here's some other related topics you might also find helpful

> Europe eSIMs
> Best options for calling/data plan for European travel
I'm familiar with eSims and have seen articles on various companies you can buy eSims for use in Europe. When I had AT&T I did the 3 month TMobile free trial which used an eSim. My current phone has a TMobile physical sim.

Thanks.

5G, when it is available is significantly faster. I have the last model of the iphone that doesn't support it while my wife's phone does support it so I can see the difference.
----------------------------- | If you think something is important and it doesn't involve the health of someone, think again. Life goes too fast, enjoy it and be nice.