Favorite Movie Quote You Use

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Chas

Post by Chas » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:16 pm

gkaplan wrote:Casablanca is a treasure trove of memorable quotes:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/quotes
"Of all the joints, in all the world, she walked into mine." "Play it again, Sam." While we're on Boggy I loved Catherin Hepburn in The African Queen, "Human nature, Mr. Allnut, is what God put us on earth to rise above."
Chas | | The course of true love never did run smooth. Shakespeare

schwarm

Post by schwarm » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Carl Spackler (Caddyshack):
"I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite a while."

Living in the rainiest city in the US, I use this one quite often.

"Hey, I may live badly, but at least I don't have to work to do it."

-Slacker

HotRod140

Favorite Movie Quote You Use

Post by HotRod140 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:04 am

"Now youse cant leave"

Sonny to motorcycle gang in A Bronx Tale

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:17 am

Chas wrote:
gkaplan wrote:Casablanca is a treasure trove of memorable quotes:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/quotes
"Play it again, Sam."
"Play it again, Sam" was not a line in the movie, though this is often quoted as such.
Part-Owner of Texas | | “The CMH-the Cost Matters Hypothesis -is all that is needed to explain why indexing must and will work… Yes, it is that simple.” John C. Bogle

Petrocelli

Post by Petrocelli » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:41 am

IMO, one of the most underrated movies of all time is Volunteers, which is a movie starring Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson.

Some great lines from the movie:

For hot weather: "We must be a milfe from the sun."

When you meet someone tall at a business meeting: "I assume you are in charge. But I basing that simply on height."

Funny story: I met Rita Wilson at a party a few years back. I told her how much I liked the movie, and how I frequently used lines from it.

A few months later, Tom Hanks was at a party at my house. I introduced myself. He repeated my name and said "Where do I know that name from?" He paused and then said, "I know. You're the guy that likes Volunteers."

Pretty funny to think that that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson were discussing me.
Petrocelli (not the real Rico, but just a fan)

RustyShackleford

Post by RustyShackleford » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Always useful: I'll be back ! (Terminator)

After stubbing toe (or the like): I sense injury; the data can
be called pain. (Terminator II)

When my dog looks at me funny in the AM: Have ya' ever seen
a grown man naked ? (Airplane)

All the time: I may have f**cked my life up flatter than hammered
s**t, but I stand before you beholden to no human c**ksucker.
(Ellsworth in Deadwood)

Good one: I can't stand rude behavior in a man; I won't tolerate it.
(Lonesome Dove, Capt. Call to shocked townsfolk after beating
loathsome Army scout)

GG

Post by GG » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:45 pm

jeepster wrote:I use this one (or the last sentence) all the time - from Caddyshack.

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Beauty Clark

Goldfinger

Post by Goldfinger » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:23 pm

"PUT that COFFEE DOWN!" from Glengarry Glen Ross - My best friend and I used to use this as our intro to any phone conversations that involved something exciting developing in the market. It meant, "Pay attention!" "Listen to this!" The was pre-boglehead, of course.

"It's all about bucks, kid. The rest is conversation." from Wall Street - I'd use this w/relatives and friends any time they'd undervalue the role of money in certain situations (i.e. relationships, marriage, etc.)

"Clean livin'. It pays off every time!" from my all time favorite B movie "52 pick up." I use this line whenever I'm trying to be sarcastic about something in order to prove a point.

[locked 6/21/12 after attempted restart (by another poster) - thread does not comply with current forum guidelines]
"At cocktail parties lovely ladies would corner me and ask my opinion of the market, but alas, when they learned I was a bond man, they would quietly drift away." -- Sidney Homer/Salomon Bros