Buyer not Wanting Signature Confirmation

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
DTalos

Buyer not Wanting Signature Confirmation

Post by DTalos »

I am selling a higher priced item under $750 on eBay and my listing clearly states that item will ship with signature confirmation. I receive an offer and ask potential buyer if he/she has any questions and will be around for signature confirmation and they respond they don't want signature confirmation because they live in an apartment and aren't always around. Is this suspicious?
Kenkat

Re: Buyer not Wanting Signature Confirmation

Post by Kenkat »

I’d stick with your stated policies. There’s always another buyer out there.
Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

I’d really rather not have to be around to sign for deliveries. I live in a relatively low-crime area, and I try to only buy from reputable, preferably mega-corp sellers.

So not suspicious to me.

If you insisted on signature delivery, I would probably not buy from you if I could find an alternative seller.
Last edited by Doctor Rhythm on Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

No. Are you always home and easily available whenever a delivery comes? For me, if FedEx comes and then holds it after enough unsuccessful tries, it's a 45 minute drive for me to go to the terminal. And they aren't open outside of business hours, so if I commuted an hour away like I used to, I would only be able to pick up on a Saturday, when they have only a few hours.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
Jags4186

Post by Jags4186 »

Just find another buyer.
celia

Post by celia »

It's your item, your rules.
See what eBay says about this.

Can the item be delivered to the buyer at work or delivered to a trusted friend (retiree?) who is usually home? If the buyer can't arrange for safe delivery, beware!
Topic Author
DTalos

Post by DTalos »

Jack FFR1846 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:32 pm No. Are you always home and easily available whenever a delivery comes? For me, if FedEx comes and then holds it after enough unsuccessful tries, it's a 45 minute drive for me to go to the terminal. And they aren't open outside of business hours, so if I commuted an hour away like I used to, I would only be able to pick up on a Saturday, when they have only a few hours.
I have no idea how secure to "porch pirates" this apartment complex is. Do they have a cluster mailbox with a locker for packages or does the carrier just leave everything with the manager, or leave it outside each doorstep?
runninginvestor

Post by runninginvestor »

DTalos wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:35 pm
Jack FFR1846 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:32 pm No. Are you always home and easily available whenever a delivery comes? For me, if FedEx comes and then holds it after enough unsuccessful tries, it's a 45 minute drive for me to go to the terminal. And they aren't open outside of business hours, so if I commuted an hour away like I used to, I would only be able to pick up on a Saturday, when they have only a few hours.
I have no idea how secure to "porch pirates" this apartment complex is. Do they have a cluster mailbox with a locker for packages or does the carrier just leave everything with the manager, or leave it outside each doorstep?
If they really want it, don't most delivery services allow you to sign for a package electronically now? Not saying you should as a buyer, but I've been offered that with UPS and I think FedEx.
Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

DTalos wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:35 pm
Why are you worried their apartment’s design? They want to to buy it on their delivery terms, you want to sell on your terms. Neither of you are right or wrong. If I had to know what you’re asking, I’d look for another buyer.
Minderbinder

Post by Minderbinder »

I usually require signature confirmation on any item that goes above $300. Like you, I state in the description and ship it that way.

From buyer point of view it could indeed be a pain to arrange signature delivery. However I'd rather ship relatively expensive items when I know someone is acknowledging receipt on the flip side.

I'd say "find another buyer" is correct here. If you don't feel comfortable with it, don't ship it
02nz

Post by 02nz »

You can usually choose to have Fedex packages held at Fedex Office for pickup - there are far more of those locations than the full-fledged customer counters.
Watty

Post by Watty »

DTalos wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:25 pm I am selling a higher priced item ......

Is this suspicious?
For a higher priced item it is.

They may need to go by the post office to pick up but if you said signature confirmation required in the listing then I would insist on it.

They may still just claim that the box was empty or had a brick in it and eBay will almost automatically side with the buyer. There are lots of old threads about the problems with selling on eBay now that you can look up.

There are virtually no protections for sellers now and after getting burned once and realizing how risky it is now I rarely sell on eBay now if I can avoid it especially if it is is likely to sell for more than $50.

Facebook Marketplace seems to be the more popular option now for many people, but you will only have local buyers but you can control the sale a lot better.
yatesd

Post by yatesd »

I hate when companies force signature confirmation. It is set to off on Fedex/UPS in my personal settings.

I live in a safe neighborhood with cameras on the porch/garage, etc. Nothing worse than taking 3 extra days trying to time being home for a delivery.

If I have something stolen maybe I will change my mind.
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

Are there any protections for you, the seller, if the buyer simply says, "Oh, NO, it was NOT here when I got home..."
or such?

Assuming not, and you don't know the buyer (well!), then... nope.
It's just asking for a problem. A known problem.

Buyer can find some other way to receive it, or it's not going to end well.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

I'd find another buyer. Claiming to not receiving an expensive item and asking for a refund is a known fraud. Not saying this is the case but better be safe than sorry.

If they want this expensive item so much then they'll make arrangements for signature confirmation.
94% US & FM (5% seed) | 6% CCE
Nyc10036

Post by Nyc10036 »

If I was the buyer, I would actually want the signature confirmation for an expensive item.
If it is with USPS, it is kept at the post office for me to pick up.
No nonsense that it was "delivered" but wasn't.
Adds another checkpoint.
Fallible

Post by Fallible »

DTalos wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:25 pm I am selling a higher priced item under $750 on eBay and my listing clearly states that item will ship with signature confirmation. I receive an offer and ask potential buyer if he/she has any questions and will be around for signature confirmation and they respond they don't want signature confirmation because they live in an apartment and aren't always around. Is this suspicious?
"They" aren't "always around"? If there are only two of them and they really want this item, it seems they'd find a way for one to be home for the signature, no matter where they live. Yes, it's suspicious and as others have posted here, find another buyer who will sign.
"Yes, investing is simple. But it is not easy, for it requires discipline, patience, steadfastness, and that most uncommon of all gifts, common sense." ~Jack Bogle
AllMostThere

Post by AllMostThere »

Stick to your shipping policy. Also, do not ship to an alternate address as this will be considered against policy by eBay. This is a no win for you should there be a delivery issue. Should Buyer claim non-delivery, eBay will 100% side with Buyer and leave you holding the #@$% bag. Juice is not worth the squeeze. Refund their money and move on to another Buyer.
It is not about how much you make; it is about how much you keep and how well you invest it. - Author Unknown | Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. - Author James Dean
ScubaHogg

Post by ScubaHogg »

I live in a very safe area and routinely have packages just left on my porch. Like daily. Actually having to be at home to sign for something whenever it happens to show up would be a huge PIA
“… the fact remains that buying a nominal bond ladder to defease future living expenses can prove disastrous.” - Bill Bernstein | | “…something unusual happens—usually.” - Nassim Taleb
hoofaman

Post by hoofaman »

I'd pass on the buyer as it seems suspicious. Also just FYI, in my experience, as a seller it doesn't matter what evidence you have. If the buyer wants to keep your item and get a refund, they will get it. Just have to accept the risk with any sale, or find an alternative method to sell the item
enad

Post by enad »

If the buyer is not around, the shipping service can leave a notice (i.e. USPS, UPS or FedEx) asking the buyer how to handle the delivery i.e. pick item up at the Post Office, UPS or FedEx (or one of their alternative locations). I would stick with your policy.
What Goes Up Must come down -- David Clayton-Thomas (1968), BST
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

DTalos wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:25 pm I am selling a higher priced item under $750 on eBay and my listing clearly states that item will ship with signature confirmation. I receive an offer and ask potential buyer if he/she has any questions and will be around for signature confirmation and they respond they don't want signature confirmation because they live in an apartment and aren't always around. Is this suspicious?
IMO, there is nothing suspicious about an otherwise well-qualified buyer who doesn't want the hassle and inconvenience associated with signature confirmation for an item under $750 where signature confirmation is not required by eBay.

In fact, as a buyer I would find it odd if a seller of such an item not only required signature confirmation but also specifically asked if I would be "around for signature confirmation." If the seller has clearly stated the terms of the listing and noted in the description that signature confirmation is required, then further inquiry essentially asking if I am home during the day would be off-putting. Personally I would not purchase from such a seller.

But it is your item, your selling terms and you bear the risk of fraud, loss or theft, so proceed however you choose. As I noted in an early thread where you inquired about selling on eBay, you bear one-hundred (100%) percent of the risk of fraud. All a buyer has to do is claim SNAD and eBay will refund their full payment (including shipping if buyer paid) and will debit your account for return shipping. For example, if you send them a pristine, working iPhone and they return a paperback book, eBay will do nothing to help you. You'll be out your iPhone, shipping fees both ways and your eBay fees. If this buyer intends to defraud you, signature confirmation isn't going to make a bit of difference whatsoever. It is irrelevant.
EddyB

Post by EddyB »

I don’t know that it’s suspicious, but if there’s risk to you, then maybe that’s enough reason to take a pass.
HueyLD

Post by HueyLD »

There is no such a thing as a safe neighborhood.

In some gated neighborhoods, people falsely believe that their neighborhoods are safe until porch pirates hit. Remember, if the reward is perceived to be much greater than the risk, porch pirates will get into your neighborhood regardless of any surveying device. And they will disguise themselves with hoodies, masks, oversized glasses, etc.

For the OP, find another buyer.
ScubaHogg

Post by ScubaHogg »

HueyLD wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:37 am There is no such a thing as a safe neighborhood.

In some gated neighborhoods, people falsely believe that their neighborhoods are safe until porch pirates hit. Remember, if the reward is perceived to be much greater than the risk, porch pirates will get into your neighborhood regardless of any surveying device. And they will disguise themselves with hoodies, masks, oversized glasses, etc.
But there are plenty of neighborhoods where the risk is so low, it’s not worth the cost to offset that risk.

For me, having to be home whenever a delivery driver makes their rounds would be a major inconvenience.
“… the fact remains that buying a nominal bond ladder to defease future living expenses can prove disastrous.” - Bill Bernstein | | “…something unusual happens—usually.” - Nassim Taleb
Doctor Rhythm

Post by Doctor Rhythm »

Fallible wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:58 pm
"They" aren't "always around"? If there are only two of them and they really want this item, it seems they'd find a way for one to be home for the signature, no matter where they live. Yes, it's suspicious and as others have posted here, find another buyer who will sign.
It’s now common to use the plural third-person pronoun to refer to an individual with unspecified gender. “They” refers to the buyer whom OP earlier referred to as he/she. OP probably does not know how many people live in buyer’s apartment and doesn’t know buyer’s gender.

Unless you’re retired, work from home or have a really flexible job, have a stay-at-home partner, or are willing to give up a day’s wages, how are you going to sign? Maybe we live in different socioeconomic bubbles, but the majority of people I know have to be “at” work and can’t take a day off to wait for a package (whether for financial or ethical reasons).
Last edited by Doctor Rhythm on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mptfan

Post by mptfan »

This is not suspicious to me, I am not usually home during the day on weekdays and I do not like to get deliveries that require signature confirmation, it's a hassle.

I recently purchased something online and did not realize that the seller required signature confirmation until I was not home when the item was attempted to be delivered and I had to wait until the next day and go pick it up at a drop off location after work. It was a hassle and I've decided I'm not doing that again. It's even worse when the carrier tries three times before they send it to the pickup location which can delay the delivery by 3-4 days. Yes, Amazon has spoiled me.
Last edited by mptfan on Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittleMaggieMae

Post by LittleMaggieMae »

The buyer might not be all that familiar with porch pirates (or think - that never happens here - until it does).

The value of the item would make me reconsider sending it without a signature confirmation. If something goes wrong (or the buyer is a scammer) this transaction becomes an expensive/time consuming to me MESS. Even if I insured the package.

You could ask the buyer about the situation - will the package be delivered into a "lobby" of sorts or to a keyed "mail box" type thing by the US postal system with the package fitting into the "lock box"? This is fairly secure and typical for some types of apartment buildings. Or will it wind up on the front stoop (fedex or UPS) where anyone walking/driving past can just grab it?

Can you send the package to be delivered to them at their employer? Or can they provide another address/person (My Buyer C/O their Mother at Mother's address)

Alternatively can you arrange to have the package sent to a UPS or FedEx store - where the buyer can go and pick it up it up at their convenience?

If the buyer bulks at any of your suggestions - I'd look for another buyer.
dukeblue219

Post by dukeblue219 »

LittleMaggieMae wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:28 pm Can you send the package to be delivered to them at their employer? Or can they provide another address/person (My Buyer C/O their Mother at Mother's address)

Alternatively can you arrange to have the package sent to a UPS or FedEx store - where the buyer can go and pick it up it up at their convenience?
Never send an eBay package anywhere but the verified address listed in the purchase. Otherwise you have no protection.
windaar

Post by windaar »

I've bought and sold on eBay since the late 90s. As a buyer I avoid buying with signature confirmation because I'm never home when they deliver, have never had anything stolen from my porch, and don't want to drive 25 min to a delivery warehouse to pick it up. As a seller I sometimes require it because I'm not going to be out several hundred dollars because a buyer says they never got it. So I see both sides. I'd find a different buyer that simple.
Nobody knows nothing.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

galawdawg wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:30 am IMO, there is nothing suspicious about an otherwise well-qualified buyer who doesn't want the hassle and inconvenience associated with signature confirmation for an item under $750 where signature confirmation is not required by eBay.

In fact, as a buyer I would find it odd if a seller of such an item not only required signature confirmation but also specifically asked if I would be "around for signature confirmation." If the seller has clearly stated the terms of the listing and noted in the description that signature confirmation is required, then further inquiry essentially asking if I am home during the day would be off-putting. Personally I would not purchase from such a seller.

But it is your item, your selling terms and you bear the risk of fraud, loss or theft, so proceed however you choose. As I noted in an early thread where you inquired about selling on eBay, you bear one-hundred (100%) percent of the risk of fraud. All a buyer has to do is claim SNAD and eBay will refund their full payment (including shipping if buyer paid) and will debit your account for return shipping. For example, if you send them a pristine, working iPhone and they return a paperback book, eBay will do nothing to help you. You'll be out your iPhone, shipping fees both ways and your eBay fees. If this buyer intends to defraud you, signature confirmation isn't going to make a bit of difference whatsoever. It is irrelevant.
The seller simply asked if the buyer would be around for signature confirmation because it is an important piece of the terms of sale. It is not off-putting; in fact asking was 100% warranted since the buyer admitted they don't want signature confirmation. If the seller didn't ask and went ahead with shipping, it would have ended very badly.
Fallible

Post by Fallible »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:06 pm
Fallible wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:58 pm
It’s now common to use the plural third-person pronoun to refer to an individual with unspecified gender. “They” refers to the buyer whom OP earlier referred to as he/she. OP probably does not know how many people live in buyer’s apartment and doesn’t know buyer’s gender.

Unless you’re retired, work from home or have a really flexible job, have a stay-at-home partner, or are willing to give up a day’s wages, how are you going to sign? Maybe we live in different socioeconomic bubbles, but the majority of people I know have to be “at” work and can’t take a day off to wait for a package (whether for financial or ethical reasons).
Good points all and thanks.
"Yes, investing is simple. But it is not easy, for it requires discipline, patience, steadfastness, and that most uncommon of all gifts, common sense." ~Jack Bogle
Herekittykitty

Post by Herekittykitty »

Since you stated clearly in the listing that you wanted a signature for the package I would be more concerned about the potential buyer not wanting to sign for it than had you not stated clearly in the listing.

OTOH the potential buyer might be telling the truth that they don't want to hassle with having to take extra time and trouble to go pick it up from somewhere in order to sign for it during his/her non working hours.

Personally I might courteously decline the potential sale. That way you don't have to worry about the potential buyer's intent and you don't have to worry about a potentially annoyed buyer leaving a less than favorable review.
I don't know anything.
Yarlonkol12

Post by Yarlonkol12 »

dukeblue219 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:38 pm
LittleMaggieMae wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:28 pm Can you send the package to be delivered to them at their employer? Or can they provide another address/person (My Buyer C/O their Mother at Mother's address)

Never send an eBay package anywhere but the verified address listed in the purchase. Otherwise you have no protection.
As a seller you have no protection even if you do everything correctly
My posts are for entertainment purposes only.
TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek »

02nz wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:46 pm
You can usually choose to have Fedex packages held at Fedex Office for pickup - there are far more of those locations than the full-fledged customer counters.
This was my first thought, too. Same with UPS. I often have my packages routed there when I am out of town, to not have to burden my neighbors with picking stuff off my porch.
windaar

Post by windaar »

TravelGeek wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:09 pm
02nz wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:46 pm
This was my first thought, too. Same with UPS. I often have my packages routed there when I am out of town, to not have to burden my neighbors with picking stuff off my porch.
Just my experience with buying a several-hundred dollar item UPS with signature confirmation, I tried everything but I had to go pick it up. UPS would not let me pre-sign a slip and stick it to my door. UPS would not let me pick up at a UPS store about a mile away from my house. My only option was to have them miss delivery 3 times and then I had to drive in an ice-storm to a UPS warehouse a half an hour away. I called and e-mailed and called and there was no other option.
Nobody knows nothing.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

No, not suspicious at all. The buyers could have an hourly job, such that taking off to sign for a package would cost them more in what they could save buying from you.

OTOH, your package, your rules. If you prefer to only sell to someone who can sign, then do that and don't look back.
TravelGeek

Post by TravelGeek »

windaar wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:03 pm Just my experience with buying a several-hundred dollar item UPS with signature confirmation, I tried everything but I had to go pick it up. UPS would not let me pre-sign a slip and stick it to my door. UPS would not let me pick up at a UPS store about a mile away from my house. My only option was to have them miss delivery 3 times and then I had to drive in an ice-storm to a UPS warehouse a half an hour away. I called and e-mailed and called and there was no other option.
Maybe shippers can disallow re-routing to a FedEx/UPS store; I have not encountered that issue.

I also recently encountered a case where the FedEx driver dumped a $3000 laptop shipment on my front door mat without requiring the signature or even ringing the door bell. Fortunately I was at home and saw the truck drive away.
ScubaHogg

Post by ScubaHogg »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:06 pm Maybe we live in different socioeconomic bubbles, but the majority of people I know have to be “at” work and can’t take a day off to wait for a package (whether for financial or ethical reasons).
I know right? My only answer is that some people on the board have been retired for so long they’ve forgotten there is a world of people out there going to work every single day
bwalling

Post by bwalling »

Years ago, I sold a $2000 item. Shipped it signature required. It was signed for by someone in the mailroom at the buyer's place of employment. Buyer filed a claim with eBay and Paypal saying I'd never sent it. I spent nearly six months fighting eBay and Paypal to get my money, despite having tracking and signed proof of delivery. Had I not had that, there's no way I'd have recovered my money.

I still ended up with a bad review from the buyer, which I'm still pissed at eBay for not removing. I don't know whether the guy was scamming me, or whether his mailroom botched something. But, none of it was my fault.

I don't use eBay at all anymore, because I don't trust them or Paypal. I very nearly lost $2000 despite doing everything correctly.
mptfan

Post by mptfan »

Doctor Rhythm wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:06 pm Unless you’re retired, work from home or have a really flexible job, have a stay-at-home partner, or are willing to give up a day’s wages, how are you going to sign? Maybe we live in different socioeconomic bubbles, but the majority of people I know have to be “at” work and can’t take a day off to wait for a package (whether for financial or ethical reasons).
I agree. And in most cases you don't know the exact date of delivery, you get a range of dates.
windaar

Post by windaar »

bwalling wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:43 am Years ago, I sold a $2000 item. Shipped it signature required. It was signed for by someone in the mailroom at the buyer's place of employment. Buyer filed a claim with eBay and Paypal saying I'd never sent it. I spent nearly six months fighting eBay and Paypal to get my money, despite having tracking and signed proof of delivery. Had I not had that, there's no way I'd have recovered my money.

I still ended up with a bad review from the buyer, which I'm still pissed at eBay for not removing. I don't know whether the guy was scamming me, or whether his mailroom botched something. But, none of it was my fault.

I don't use eBay at all anymore, because I don't trust them or Paypal. I very nearly lost $2000 despite doing everything correctly.
Sorry this happened to you. Over the years eBay has sided more and more with buyers. If I send a $200 camera tracked and with signature but the buyer says that the box was empty or had a brick in it, eBay will side with the buyer. The worse this has gotten, the more I sell bigger ticket items on local Facebook marketplace or the FB neighborhood sales groups. Local pickup cash only never a single problem. Only things I'd consider selling on eBay anymore would be niche collectible items (fewer scams with those than universally desirable items like electronics) that I'd not lose sleep over if I got stiffed.
Nobody knows nothing.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

If I was a buyer, I'd find the question about if I'd be home to sign off putting, and I'd try to find a different seller. It seems like most of this board doesn't understand how hard it is to be a working person with a non teleworking job and be home to sign for packages.
jfave33

Post by jfave33 »

On ebay you are required to buy signature confirmation for items above $750. I assume it will be over that after taxes so your hands are tied regardless of what the buyer wants.
barnaclebob

Post by barnaclebob »

I agree with the buyer finding signature confirmation annoying but you can send it to a fedex store for them to hold and your buyer can pick it up. Not sure if UPS has that same option. The buyer might also have to reroute the shipment to a fedex store, Im not sure if you can send it there directly. Either way, I'd never sell anything on Ebay. My local market is big enough and if its specialized enough I'd sell it on a forum specific to the items niche.
Last edited by barnaclebob on Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
THY4373

Post by THY4373 »

Gadget wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:45 am If I was a buyer, I'd find the question about if I'd be home to sign off putting, and I'd try to find a different seller. It seems like most of this board doesn't understand how hard it is to be a working person with a non teleworking job and be home to sign for packages.
As a former eBay seller I totally understand but all the risk of you getting the item is on me. Signature confirmation bought me protection and at least at one point was required for eBay seller protection above $250. I get both sides of the argument but at the end of the day the seller has to decide how much risk they take and the buyer how much hassle they want. This is also not limited to small time sellers Dell often ships signature required AND prevents you from rerouting to hold for pickup. I just went through that with them.
THY4373

Post by THY4373 »

barnaclebob wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:57 am I agree with the buyer finding signature confirmation annoying but you can send it to a fedex store for them to hold and your buyer can pick it up. Not sure if UPS has that same option. The buyer might also have to reroute the shipment to a fedex store, im not sure if you can send it there directly.
Some sellers block that feature. Dell does on many orders. I don't know if small time sellers do as I have never run into it with them.
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

THY4373 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:58 am
Gadget wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:45 am If I was a buyer, I'd find the question about if I'd be home to sign off putting, and I'd try to find a different seller. It seems like most of this board doesn't understand how hard it is to be a working person with a non teleworking job and be home to sign for packages.
As a former eBay seller I totally understand but all the risk of you getting the item is on me. Signature confirmation bought me protection and at least at one point was required for eBay seller protection above $250. I get both sides of the argument but at the end of the day the seller has to decide how much risk they take and the buyer how much hassle they want. This is also not limited to small time sellers Dell often ships signature required AND prevents you from rerouting to hold for pickup. I just went through that with them.
Can you force the buyer to add insurance to the cost of shipping? Or does that not help the seller if the package is stolen? I'd much rather pay more for insurance than have a signature required. One costs me a little money, the other usually winds up costing me tons of time.
Marseille07

Post by Marseille07 »

ScubaHogg wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:41 am I know right? My only answer is that some people on the board have been retired for so long they’ve forgotten there is a world of people out there going to work every single day
You don't know right. I've WFH in the morning or left early & WFH when I anticipate a package. I could also take a half day off if I must.

Look around and observe your co-workers. I'm sure they're doing something similar; picking up kids, dropping kids off, taking kids to sports activities etc etc are no different in this regard.
bwalling

Post by bwalling »

Marseille07 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:55 am You don't know right. I've WFH in the morning or left early & WFH when I anticipate a package. I could also take a half day off if I must.

Look around and observe your co-workers. I'm sure they're doing something similar; picking up kids, dropping kids off, taking kids to sports activities etc etc are no different in this regard.
Kids, appointments, etc all have a distinct time window. UPS is 7 AM to 7 PM. It's the whole day. And, you better not be in the shower or in the bathroom when they show up.

I work from home full time. I had a case of wine sent to me as a gift from boss, and it took them three attempts to deliver when I was available to sign for it. And, I was home the whole time.