Farrah Fawcett...a beautiful person.

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Tall Grass

Farrah Fawcett...a beautiful person.

Post by Tall Grass » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:15 pm

I was quite touched by the dedication that Ryan O'Neal displayed during her difficult last months, and the depth of love and respect her former"Angel" friends had for her.

This is for you BigD53...

"A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart." - Jonathan Swift

VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:23 pm

Tall Grass,

Thanks again,

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)

cudaman

Post by cudaman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Geeze - I spent time on a reply on the other thread only to be locked out. I guess I don't need to repeat it. Hopefully she saw it.

Jerry

Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:06 am

She was, no, she is, a beautiful woman who was an inspiration in life and an inspiration in dying. I miss her

Diasurfer said in another thread
If you were a young male in the late 70's, you remember this poster
Thank you for showing that famous poster...so very beautiful....
You didn't have to be a young male in the late 70s to remember that poster.....unless you mean any one younger than 90 as being young. I certainly remember it. Sigh...................
Jim
It's not what you gather, but what you scatter which tells what kind of life you have lived---Helen Walton

Karl

Post by Karl » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:15 am

I didn't even know she had cancer for years till I heard the news that she died.

I don't really know any of her work. Charlie's Angles was a bit before my time. I wasn't watching that as a little kid in the late 70s.

chaz

Post by chaz » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:08 am

Karl wrote:I didn't even know she had cancer for years till I heard the news that she died.

I don't really know any of her work. Charlie's Angles was a bit before my time. I wasn't watching that as a little kid in the late 70s.
It was a very good show.
Chaz | | “Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." Woody Allen | | http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:42 am

R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett...a beautiful, down to Earth celebrity. She was one in a million.

DiscoBunny1979

Post by DiscoBunny1979 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:25 pm

She was in one of my favorite shows from the 70s . . . Logan's Run. Will be missed, but at least my memory of her will always be of her vibrant radiant self. Thank you Farrah.

The lesson from Farrah and Michael is that we all age and we all expire-eventually. Life is short, so enjoy those moments doing the things that make you happy and share your thoughts about everything with family and friends before it's too late to do so.

Kathleen Ryan
Location: CA, Co-Administrator FB Bogleheads, Local Chapter 9-SF/Bay Area Coordinator

Farrah Fawcett

Post by Kathleen Ryan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:21 am

I remember watching Charlie's Angels and just about every woman wanted the Farrah Fawcett Haircut/style. She was so beautiful. I also remember this poster being in the huge movie, "Saturday Night Fever." That movie was only made a few years later and this image of her was already so iconic as to be placed prominently in "Tony Manera's" bedroom.

Best wishes, | Kathleen

Grandma

Post by Grandma » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Agreed, Kathleen. Although she was reportedly more proud of her work in the Burning Bed where she actually proved herself as a dramatic actress, rather than playing a stereotype.

As a professional woman, the poster doesn't bother me in the least, although I do understand and respect why other women may find it offensive. It was a part of many our young adulthoods; it was the 70s.

She was a beautiful woman who appeared to fight her cancer courageously, and died with dignity and grace.

RIP

Best to you.

Kathleen Ryan
Location: CA, Co-Administrator FB Bogleheads, Local Chapter 9-SF/Bay Area Coordinator

Post by Kathleen Ryan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Grandma,

Agreed. Yes, of course Farrah Fawcett would most likely want to be remembered for her excellent and intense performance in, "The Burning Bed," and for her courageous battle with cancer.

I didn't mean to offend anyone by including her image here, but being the title of this conversation was about her beauty, I wanted everyone who might not have been born yet, to see this poster. As you know, at the time-(circa 1976?) this poster was a HUGE phenonomen. I mean it was everywhere!

Charlie's Angels was the springboard that seemed to launch her career, without which she might not have been offered the chance to star in, "The Burning Bed," and other roles that had a message.
Best wishes, | Kathleen

DocHolliday

Post by DocHolliday » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Kathleen Ryan wrote:Grandma,

I didn't mean to offend anyone by including her image here, but being the title of this conversation was about her beauty, I wanted everyone who might not have been born yet, to see this poster. As you know, at the time-(circa 1976?) this poster was a HUGE phenonomen. I mean it was everywhere!
That poster was everywhere. It seemed like I saw it in every older cousin's house and every friends house if he had an older brother. I probably stared at for hours. Farrah was incredibly naturally beautiful.

theduke

Post by theduke » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Farrah is going to be profiled on the Biography channel tonight at 10PM if anyone wants to watch.