Rideshare connection problems at airports

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
afr

Rideshare connection problems at airports

Post by afr »

I have an iPhone XR and am with ATT cell. I always seem to have an issue connecting to Uber or Lyft when requesting a ride at several airports. I’ve tried rebooting my phone after having it on airplane mode, turning off wireless to no avail. My most recent fiasco was upon returning from a flight to my home airport(philly intl) late at night while standing in the Rideshare zone. Anyone else experience similar issues?
MGBMartin

Re: Rideshare connection problems at airports

Post by MGBMartin »

Sounds like you may just be experiencing connection problems by being in the arrivals area which is often in the bowels of the terminal surrounded by lots of concrete.
What does your connection bars indicator show?
Bad spellers of the world untie | Autocorrect is my worst enema
Topic Author
afr

Post by afr »

MGBMartin wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:58 pm Sounds like you may just be experiencing connection problems by being in the arrivals area which is often in the bowels of the terminal surrounded by lots of concrete.
What does your connection bars indicator show?
Usually 1 bar, but I usually try to connect in the baggage claim area since I can rarely get a connection outside. And that goes for Phoenix Sky Harbor and Atlanta Hartsfield also . And in Philly I stood in their rideshare connection zone and was still unsuccessful
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

Use free Wi-Fi in airport to order, then wait outside, once they are on the way.