Need Travel Insurance - Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
lhwerdyt*1791c

Need Travel Insurance - Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Post by lhwerdyt*1791c »

Hello,

I'm traveling to the district of Tarmarindo, Costa Rica beginning early January 2023 with two adult family members. Flying United Air and have AirB&B accommodations. I'll return to US later in January while my two family members are staying to the end of February 2023.

We are looking into travel insurance.

Based on past experience earlier this year to Peru, my family would not go through AIG again; poor customer service, no response to their $1,000 claim for a few months.

Any suggestions for travel insurers?

Many thanks,

W
ResearchMed

Re: Need Travel Insurance - Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Post by ResearchMed »

lhwerdyt*1791c wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:59 am Hello,

I'm traveling to the district of Tarmarindo, Costa Rica beginning early January 2023 with two adult family members. Flying United Air and have AirB&B accommodations. I'll return to US later in January while my two family members are staying to the end of February 2023.

We are looking into travel insurance.

Based on past experience earlier this year to Peru, my family would not go through AIG again; poor customer service, no response to their $1,000 claim for a few months.

Any suggestions for travel insurers?

Many thanks,

W

Yes, some suggestions. :happy
(Also try searching here on BH for "travel insurance" as there are quite a few threads about this, including some recent ones.)

We recommend that you CALL www.TripInsuranceStore.com to discuss your travels and also those of your family members with their longer stay.

TIS is a broker and they work with several vetted travel insurers.
(We've used them for almost 10 years, and have - alas - had sevaral claims, including a few large ones. All were paid without nonsense.)

When you speak with them, you and they can discuss your particular concerns/needs and they can help you find the most suitable policy.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
Topic Author
lhwerdyt*1791c

Re: Need Travel Insurance - Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Post by lhwerdyt*1791c »

Great!