Wireless Earbuds

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
shavenyak

Wireless Earbuds

Post by shavenyak »

Interested in opinions on wireless earbuds. I have Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 True ... Noise Cancelling Ambient Sound Bluetooth Lightweight Comfort Fit Touch Control US Version, Graphite. They were $149 (ouch) and fall out of my ears all too often to make it annoying. Looking for less expensive and more practical alternatives. Thanks in advance.
Sandtrap

Re: Wireless Earbuds

Post by Sandtrap »

shavenyak wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:59 am Interested in opinions on wireless earbuds. I have Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 True ... Noise Cancelling Ambient Sound Bluetooth Lightweight Comfort Fit Touch Control US Version, Graphite. They were $149 (ouch) and fall out of my ears all too often to make it annoying. Looking for less expensive and more practical alternatives. Thanks in advance.
To OP:
I listen to music 24/7 waking hours, and also need "earbuds or headphones" to talk on the phone (iphone) as I am hard of hearing and can't hear just the phone up to my ear. And, also need the noise isolation and cancellation if it is noisy or in a public place.
And, the noise cancellation and transparency feature to amplify outside dialogue/noise comes in handy as well.

I tried a zillion types of "ear buds", etc, etc, over the years.
This one (finally) works well, can't be lost, and doesn't fall out of my ears, and is very very durable. The sound quality for music could be better, not as good as Apple corded earbuds/headphones at all, but they do work overall and are a good price.
I have 3 of them and rotate as the battery level goes down.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

The corded earbud, neckband types work well for me because I tend to be active outside and don't want to lose them if they were individual earbud types.

I also use them under high quality noise reduction ear muffs when in my shop or mowing, etc.

I hope this helps you.
j :D
(edited for spelling and forgetfulness)
Last edited by Sandtrap on Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
vineviz

Post by vineviz »

shavenyak wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:59 am Interested in opinions on wireless earbuds. I have Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 True ... Noise Cancelling Ambient Sound Bluetooth Lightweight Comfort Fit Touch Control US Version, Graphite. They were $149 (ouch) and fall out of my ears all too often to make it annoying. Looking for less expensive and more practical alternatives. Thanks in advance.
Have you tried replacing the tips of the earbuds?

I was having the same trouble with my AirPods Pro, but some relatively inexpensive after-market memory foam replacement tips solved the issue.

E.g. link to Amazon
"Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections than has been lost in corrections themselves." ~~ Peter Lynch
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:04 am
To OP:
I listen to music 24/7 waking hours, and also need "earbuds or headphones" to talk on the phone (iphone) as I am hard of hearing and can't hear just the phone up to my ear. And, also need the noise isolation and cancellation if it is noisy or in a public place.
And, the noise cancellation and transparency feature to amplify outside dialogue/noise comes in handy as well.

This one (finally) works well, can't be lost, and doesn't fall out of my ears, and is very very durable. The sound quality for music could be better, not as good as Apple corded earbuds/headphones at all, but they do work overall and are a good price.

The corded earbud, neckband types work well for me because I tend to be active outside and don't want to lose them if they were individual earbud types.

I also use them under high quality noise reduction ear muffs when in my shop or mowing, etc.

I hope this helps you.
Hi Jim -

Thanks for sharing that as I not aware of any products designed like that. We have the Apple AirPods Pro and the sound quality and noise reduction are excellent. This is weighed against always feeling the buds moving as worrying about losing them.

Best.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

vineviz wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:07 am
Have you tried replacing the tips of the earbuds?

I was having the same trouble with my AirPods Pro, but some relatively inexpensive after-market memory foam replacement tips solved the issue.

E.g. link to Amazon
Hi Vince -

This is an excellent idea and thank you for sharing! We too have the Apple AirPods Pro.

We were working outside yesterday and you can feel the AirPods moving. You are constantly readjusting and worrying about losing one.

Will look into this.
Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
StevieG72

Post by StevieG72 »

I had same issue with earbuds falling out. Family bought me a pair of AfterShokz that sit in front of your ears and actually transmit the sound through the bone, not your ear. They work GREAT, actually work better with earplugs. I use earplugs while cutting the grass.

Very comfortable, wear all day. Can listen to music, talk on the phone, receive text notifications etc. Can touch a button on side of earbuds it will silence music or answer a call, very user friendly. With earbuds you likely will not find it practical to wear all day long.
Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Because I do product reviews, I've gotten a lot (probably 6-8) of different sets of earbuds, and they all have a tendency to fall out whenver I'm active in any way. In fact, I've lost several during my walks on the beach. Hee's what I've found that works best for me:

1. Sunglasses that incorporate Bluetooth connections (can't remember the brand, but they're my #1 fav)
2. An around-the-neck Bluetooth device that is great for around the house or at work, but may get some "What's that around your neck?" questions when out in public.
3. Bluetooth devices that clip to your eyeglasses.
4. Over-the-ear Bluetooth devices. (This eliminates the falling off problem.)
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
GmanJeff

Post by GmanJeff »

Perhaps one of these products would be useful:

https://www.decibullz.com/decibullz-cus ... ear-hooks/

https://snugs.com/product/snugspro-airp ... -fit-tips/

An audiologist might also be able to fit you with custom earmolds for your preferred earbuds.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:39 am
Because I do product reviews, I've gotten a lot (probably 6-8) of different sets of earbuds, and they all have a tendency to fall out whenver I'm active in any way. In fact, I've lost several during my walks on the beach. Hee's what I've found that works best for me:

1. Sunglasses that incorporate Bluetooth connections (can't remember the brand, but they're my #1 fav)
2. An around-the-neck Bluetooth device that is great for around the house or at work, but may get some "What's that around your neck?" questions when out in public.
3. Bluetooth devices that clip to your eyeglasses.
4. Over-the-ear Bluetooth devices. (This eliminates the falling off problem.)
+1
I get that all the time for "neckband earbuds".
"They help me hear" is what I say, and that works well. They also match my white/gray hair.

I'm active outside and always doing mini farm chores, tractor, mowing, etc, so am worried about losing "normal" earbuds, so the neckband types work well.
I came upon them when I noticed that all the trades workers use them, painters, stucco folks, etc.

Great tips
Thanks.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

abuss368 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:20 am
Sandtrap wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:04 am
To OP:

I hope this helps you.
Hi Jim -

Thanks for sharing that as I not aware of any products designed like that. We have the Apple AirPods Pro and the sound quality and noise reduction are excellent. This is weighed against always feeling the buds moving as worrying about losing them.

Best.
Tony
+1
I guarantee that I would lose regular earbuds.

I always lost the in ear buds when they were popular for cell phones, or they ended up in the laundry because I would take them off when doing things.

But, if I had a more sophisticated lifestyle that involved Gulf Streams, Lear Jets, and Hedge Funds, and international travel, and fine business suits, then I would use Apple AirPods Pro like you do. . . . :D :D :beer

Last edited by Sandtrap on Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunnySideUp

Post by SunnySideUp »

StevieG72 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:28 am I had same issue with earbuds falling out. Family bought me a pair of AfterShokz that sit in front of your ears and actually transmit the sound through the bone, not your ear. They work GREAT, actually work better with earplugs. I use earplugs while cutting the grass.

Very comfortable, wear all day. Can listen to music, talk on the phone, receive text notifications etc. Can touch a button on side of earbuds it will silence music or answer a call, very user friendly. With earbuds you likely will not find it practical to wear all day long.
I had exactly the same experience; I've worn AfterShokz' Aeropex-model ear/headphones for hours daily (for the last 20 months?). Battery easily lasts all day. Not being isolated from environmental noise is a big safety advantage, allows use in traffic-awareness-mandatory situations, etc.
The biggest win: nothing in my ear canal or applying bending/crushing force to my outer ear (as a result of wearing disposable earplugs to assist sleeping, I developed "sensitivity" (discomfort) that prevents me from putting anything in my ear canal on a regular basis).

P.S. My advice for anyone considering buying AfterShokz headphones: choose Aeropex or newer high-end models; I used their Titanium model for a year prior to buying the Aeropex; the Aeropex was a major leap forward in many respects, the most notable being comfort.

P.P.S. I have had to use AfterShokz (2 year) warranty [replacement] process twice (once each for Aeropex and Titanium). Both times I got a new pair no questions asked with reasonable timeliness. One might think "oh, it doesn't reflect well on the product that you had failures" but my perspective is that given the amount of use my devices get, and how lightweight and delicately flexible (comfortable) they are, I'm impressed that they've stood up to long-term (ab)use as well as they have.
uaeebs86

Post by uaeebs86 »

I bought these JLabs for my bus ride commute and walks:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HM ... UTF8&psc=1

They are only 20 bucks so if I lose one I won't be too upset. Found them on some website listing best cheap earbuds.

They are adequate, battery life is pretty good, highest volume could be a little better, but that's probably good for my old ears with some hearing loss already.

I previously had some Soundcore Liberty Neo buds that wouldn't stay in my ears very well, and I lost one walking the dog. They were about $50 I think.

I can't justify spending much when I seem to lose or ruin things easily. Same thing with sunglasses.

I also have some Aftershokz bone conduction headphones that I use when I need situational awareness. I usually listen to podcasts while walking and I only use one earbud if that's what I am using.
"Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out." ― John Wooden
Firefly80

Post by Firefly80 »

I would stay away from wireless earbuds due to EMF Risks due to very close proximity to your body for long periods of time.

I would stick to traditional wired headphones and you don't have to charge them!

Some Helpful Resources,

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/19/styl ... ettes.html

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1912.05282.pdf

https://educateemf.com/are-bluetooth-headphones-safe/

https://mdsafetech.org/wearable-devices/
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

There are many YouTubers that do “best cheap earbud” videos and they often include how well they stay in the ear as well as how comfortable they are.
https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&s ... rbuds+2022
GeMoney

Post by GeMoney »

Take a look at this review site: https://www.scarbir.com/

I purchased one of the items reviewed and his review was spot on. He does discuss fit and comfort in the reviews.
runninginvestor

Post by runninginvestor »

SunnySideUp wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:05 am
StevieG72 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:28 am I had same issue with earbuds falling out. Family bought me a pair of AfterShokz that sit in front of your ears and actually transmit the sound through the bone, not your ear. They work GREAT, actually work better with earplugs. I use earplugs while cutting the grass.

I had exactly the same experience; I've worn AfterShokz' Aeropex-model ear/headphones for hours daily (for the last 20 months?). Battery easily lasts all day. Not being isolated from environmental noise is a big safety advantage, allows use in traffic-awareness-mandatory situations, etc.
The biggest win: nothing in my ear canal or applying bending/crushing force to my outer ear (as a result of wearing disposable earplugs to assist sleeping, I developed "sensitivity" (discomfort) that prevents me from putting anything in my ear canal on a regular basis).

P.S. My advice for anyone considering buying AfterShokz headphones: choose Aeropex or newer high-end models; I used their Titanium model for a year prior to buying the Aeropex; the Aeropex was a major leap forward in many respects, the most notable being comfort.

P.P.S. I have had to use AfterShokz (2 year) warranty [replacement] process twice (once each for Aeropex and Titanium). Both times I got a new pair no questions asked with reasonable timeliness. One might think "oh, it doesn't reflect well on the product that you had failures" but my perspective is that given the amount of use my devices get, and how lightweight and delicately flexible (comfortable) they are, I'm impressed that they've stood up to long-term (ab)use as well as they have.
Ditto to everything above. Although I only had to use the warranty once. They just stopped working about a month after I got my first pair. But they were super responsive and easy to work with to get a new pair sent out. I have a pretty severe disability so I can't use normal earbuds, these are the only things I'm able to use headphones-wise. My wife thinks that the sound quality from the Bluetooth is just as good as what she hears me on my phone, if not better since it's able to be closer to my mouth. I always tell people to give them a try, since it's different you never know if you will like them or not. I have one of the newer models as well.
Sandi_k

Post by Sandi_k »

I've been very happy with TOZO T6 earbuds - $35 when I bought them a couple of years ago, and now on sale at $22. The earbud has soft rubber surround, and it ships with a set of different rubber earbud covers, to improve individual fit.

I could never wear Apple Air buds - they hurt my ear, and slipped all the time. The Tozos make me happy - I wore them for several hours last week, synced to my iPhone for an audio museum tour. Three thumbs up!

TOZO T6 True Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth Headphones Touch Control with Wireless Charging Case IPX8 Waterproof Stereo Earphones in-Ear Built-in Mic Headset Premium Deep Bass for Sport Black
c1over8

Post by c1over8 »

I've been using the original Google pixel buds since they came out and like them bc there's a cord between them to prevent one from falling out and being lost and have been very pleased so far. Thanks for making this thread, I was wondering the other day what I'd do if they stopped working since the new version isn't corded.
zincTwo

Post by zincTwo »

uaeebs86 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:12 am I bought these JLabs for my bus ride commute and walks:

JLab Go Air Pop True Wireless
They are only 20 bucks so if I lose one I won't be too upset. Found them on some website listing best cheap earbuds.
They are adequate, battery life is pretty good, highest volume could be a little better, but that's probably good for my old ears with some hearing loss already.
+1; I have a pair of these and enjoy them. I've found the touch buttons difficult to use, but the price is right. It is funny that the less expensive a product is... the LESS LIKELY it is that I'll lose it.

As an alternative, I also have a pair of these Skullcandy Dime True Wireless earbuds ($23-25 range) - also available at Walmart, Target, BestBuy. The buttons are tactile/mechanical, and I actually like them better than the JLAB - they stay in my ear more securely.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Why not just get earbuds with hooks? Because my headphones are primarily used for exercise, I only buy ones with hooks. I currently use Treblab X3 pro, but there are tons of options.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

GeMoney wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:30 am Take a look at this review site: https://www.scarbir.com/

I purchased one of the items reviewed and his review was spot on. He does discuss fit and comfort in the reviews.
Huge thanks for this website link.
I just got "lost" in reading the reviews. What an education!

The one weakness is the focus on "under 100 dollar items. . so if the budget is higher. . .
But, there are likely other good review sites for that.

thanks again.
phinanciallyfit

Post by phinanciallyfit »

I had a pair of Jabra elite 75t (no longer being made, I think) and they were wonderful. I had no problem keeping them in when jogging, and certainly not when working. Unfortunately, I failed to return them to the case one day and my puppy destroyed them. I picked up a less pricey pair from Skullcandy and I'm struggling to sync with my computer, I'm told that it is harder to hear me on phone meetings, and they are not very comfortable (much larger than the Jabra pair). I plan to return those and may end up with another Jabra pair, but not sure if I should go for one of the lower end models (in case the puppy destroys them again) or if the quality on that will disappoint me. May be worth checking out Jabra for you though.
wunder

Post by wunder »

Ultimately it depends on what features you want.

For a higher quality set (better sound quality, better codecs, active noise canceling) I have Panasonic RZ-S500 earbuds. Those work well with my phone, iPad, laptop, or Apple TV. However, they do not stay in my ears well for heavy activity. Microphone on these seems pretty good for calls as well. Noise cancelling works really well to suppress consistent ambient noise (kitchen fans, air conditioners, engines, etc.) and allow use of lower volume. These can also work as a kind of hearing aid by amplifying outside noise if desired.

For running I have Plantronics BackBeat Fit 3100. Those loop over my ears and have a fully open design. Downside of that is that it does not filter outside noise at all. Advantage is I have full awareness of cars at intersections, bikes on the trail, and just use the music as background for my run. I have only used these for phone calls once or twice so can't comment to quality.
DVMResident

Post by DVMResident »

Have you tried the “sport” ear buds models? These comes with a hook that goes behind the ears and fix it in place.

Personally, I use the JLab Air sports, which are about $30. These never fall out of my ears unlike much more expensive products like Aid pods. I only to audiobooks and podcasts (not music) for whatever it’s worth. So I can’t comments on the audio quality if that’s important.
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

DVMResident wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:04 pm Have you tried the “sport” ear buds models? These comes with a hook that goes behind the ears and fix it in place.

Personally, I use the JLab Air sports, which are about $30. These never fall out of my ears unlike much more expensive products like Aid pods. I only to audiobooks and podcasts (not music) for whatever it’s worth. So I can’t comments on the audio quality if that’s important.
Of all the earbuds I've tested and reviewed, the over-the-ear ones were the only ones that didn't fall out at some point during testing.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
eddot98

Post by eddot98 »

Both DW and I have Beats Studio Buds wireless noise canceling Earbuds. We don’t jog or exercise with them in, but they have never fallen out while walking for either of us. They are not less expensive than the OP’s Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 at normal price, but we did get them cheaper on one sale or another, maybe $130 or so.
They sound fine, but the difference in the sound between no adjustment, transparent, and noise canceling is baffling. The noise canceling sound is bass heavy and the no adjustment setting is kind of bass weak. In a very noisy setting the noise canceling setting is not perfect.
I have always been someone who likes their music unmodified, that is as close to exactly the way that the artist meant for it to sound. It seems to me that the noise canceling mode has over emphasized bass, and that doesn’t sit well with me.
If Koss made Bluetooth noise canceling earbuds that sounded exactly like my Porta Pro headphones, I would go with them.
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

Mel Lindauer wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:10 am
DVMResident wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:04 pm Have you tried the “sport” ear buds models? These comes with a hook that goes behind the ears and fix it in place.

Of all the earbuds I've tested and reviewed, the over-the-ear ones were the only ones that didn't fall out at some point during testing.
I recommended earbuds with hooks earlier in the thread. My primary use is in exercise, I would not even bother buying conventional earbuds.
Topic Author
shavenyak

Post by shavenyak »

OP here. Major thanks for your replies. I have learned a lot and have some more research to pursue.
pizzy

Post by pizzy »

Just ordered a pair of the new Bose QC II ear buds that were released this week.

Excited to see how they perform.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/hea ... ds-ii.html
Late 30's | 56% US | 35% Intl | 9% Bonds/Cash
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

shavenyak wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:48 pm OP here. Major thanks for your replies. I have learned a lot and have some more research to pursue.
Thanks for the update.

Please follow through if you have time later and input what you ended up getting.

thanks!
N1CKV

Post by N1CKV »

runninginvestor wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:38 am
SunnySideUp wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:05 am

Ditto to everything above. Although I only had to use the warranty once. They just stopped working about a month after I got my first pair. But they were super responsive and easy to work with to get a new pair sent out. I have a pretty severe disability so I can't use normal earbuds, these are the only things I'm able to use headphones-wise. My wife thinks that the sound quality from the Bluetooth is just as good as what she hears me on my phone, if not better since it's able to be closer to my mouth. I always tell people to give them a try, since it's different you never know if you will like them or not. I have one of the newer models as well.
I will also endorse these. I have the new version, the Shokz OpenRun (regular, not the pro) and have been using them for a few weeks for general use and listening to music while running. I was amazed the first time I tried plugging my ears while listening to them through bone conduction - unbelievable. The fact that my ears are not plugged up and I can hear normal sounds of my environment at the same time is also a huge plus for many reasons.
02nz

Post by 02nz »

OP, I don't think you mentioned if you're in the Apple ecosystem or not. I've tried a lot of true wireless earbuds, and while the AirPods Pro aren't the best in any one area other than convenience, they are supremely convenient if you use more than one Apple device (e.g., totally seamless switching between iPhone, iPad, and Mac) and "good enough" in other areas like sound quality and noise canceling. In two days Apple will release the second gen, which has some enhancements, the most significant for me being the ability to adjust volume on the stem. I've got them on pre-order - $250. Or if you're ok with the first gen, those have dropped to about $180.

ETA: The AirPods Pro 2nd gen are excellent, pretty much everything is improved. Great sound quality and ANC. For anyone using Apple devices, they're easily the first choice.
Last edited by 02nz on Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Afty

Post by Afty »

I had a set of Jabra Elite Active 75t wireless earbuds that I really liked. Sound quality was good, they're very convenient, and the ANC worked well. Sadly I left them on an airplane a few days ago :( I've since ordered a replacement set of the newer model, the Jabra Elite 7 Active.
runninginvestor

Post by runninginvestor »

N1CKV wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:59 pm
runninginvestor wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:38 am Ditto to everything above. Although I only had to use the warranty once. They just stopped working about a month after I got my first pair. But they were super responsive and easy to work with to get a new pair sent out. I have a pretty severe disability so I can't use normal earbuds, these are the only things I'm able to use headphones-wise. My wife thinks that the sound quality from the Bluetooth is just as good as what she hears me on my phone, if not better since it's able to be closer to my mouth. I always tell people to give them a try, since it's different you never know if you will like them or not. I have one of the newer models as well.
I will also endorse these. I have the new version, the Shokz OpenRun (regular, not the pro) and have been using them for a few weeks for general use and listening to music while running. I was amazed the first time I tried plugging my ears while listening to them through bone conduction - unbelievable. The fact that my ears are not plugged up and I can hear normal sounds of my environment at the same time is also a huge plus for many reasons.
Not to derail OPs thread, but thanks for pointing out they have a new version. I haven't thought to look since I've had mine for 4-ish years now and after that initial faulty issue that was replaced, I've had no issues. My biggest personal annoyance for them is I can't plugin the charger and rely on my spouse. But the new ones appear to have a magnetic charging cable vs my old Air's plug-in? If so that would benefit me...tremendously.
SunnySideUp

Post by SunnySideUp »

runninginvestor wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:54 am But the new [Aftershokz models] appear to have a magnetic charging cable vs my old Air's plug-in? If so that would benefit me...tremendously.
Yes my Aeropex also has the magnetic cable-charging attachment; it's very convenient compared to older models' micro-usb w/moisture-sealing plug which requires more dexterity to connect.
Casper

Post by Casper »

Maybe you've already done this, but I also recommend googling how to insert earbuds properly before you get new ones. I bought a pair of wireless earbuds a couple years ago and couldn't get them to stay in, so I googled to see if I was doing it properly. Someone had posted a tip about tugging down on your earlobe while inserting the earbud, which enlarges the gap that the earbud fits into. That works well for me and now they generally stay in.
SmileyFace

Post by SmileyFace »

Afty wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:19 pm I had a set of Jabra Elite Active 75t wireless earbuds that I really liked. Sound quality was good, they're very convenient, and the ANC worked well. Sadly I left them on an airplane a few days ago :( I've since ordered a replacement set of the newer model, the Jabra Elite 7 Active.
One can also get Jabra Elite 3's - currenlty at less than 1/2 the price of 7s on Amazon. Earlier generation but great quality, use one or use both feature, good battery life with battery charging case.