lack of solar contractors Virginia for solaredge equipment

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
speckledt

lack of solar contractors Virginia for solaredge equipment

Post by speckledt »

I have solaredge inverter that stopped working. Solaredge lists only one contractor from Virginia Beach to Richmond who will work on their inverter. A virtual monopoly.
Any suggestions?
Nate79

Re: lack of solar contractors Virginia for solaredge equipment

Post by Nate79 »

speckledt wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:56 am I have solaredge inverter that stopped working. Solaredge lists only one contractor from Virginia Beach to Richmond who will work on their inverter. A virtual monopoly.
Any suggestions?
What happened to the installer?
Topic Author
speckledt

Post by speckledt »

They went out of business
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

Call another solar company. They should be able to fix or replace the broken inverter. My solar company is not the same one that installed many of our panels.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
j.click

Post by j.click »

Topic Author
speckledt

Post by speckledt »

Thank you for that concrete suggestion.
Topic Author
speckledt

Post by speckledt »

TomatoTomahto wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 am Call another solar company. They should be able to fix or replace the broken inverter. My solar company is not the same one that installed many of our panels.
I called six. Most never return the call. The one that did said they were not authorized to work on solaredge inverters. They only work on another brand
TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto »

speckledt wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:56 pm
TomatoTomahto wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 am Call another solar company. They should be able to fix or replace the broken inverter. My solar company is not the same one that installed many of our panels.
I called six. Most never return the call. The one that did said they were not authorized to work on solaredge inverters. They only work on another brand
I was afraid that would be the outcome, but ask again during a recession. 😁. I’m only half kidding, and would not wish a recession on us, but there’s no benefit to letting a good crisis go to waste.
I get the FI part but not the RE part of FIRE.
softwaregeek

Post by softwaregeek »

I am going through this right now as my inverter failed 5/27.

You need to file a homeowner ticket immediately, you can do this on their website. I did it by phone, it was very helpful in terms of understanding what to expect.

This allows them to get started on the RMA.

Reported 6/1. RMA approved 6/20. Now waiting for them to ship inverter to my house. It will take you some time to get the actual box, so get started on the RMA now.