Contacting Gold’s Gym Corporate

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
CrazyCatLady

Contacting Gold’s Gym Corporate

Post by CrazyCatLady »

Does anyone know an easy way to contact Gold’s Gym corporate office? I’m having issues with a cancelled membership at the local gym and when I call the main Gold’s Gym number there is no way to reach anyone unless you know their extension or name. Thanks!
galawdawg

Re: Contacting Gold’s Gym Corporate

Post by galawdawg »

Have you tried a Google search for Gold's Gym Corporate office?
Topic Author
CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady »

galawdawg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:57 am Have you tried a Google search for Gold's Gym Corporate office?
Yep. It’s located in Dallas, but I only get an automated voice and pushing zero doesn’t help. If you chose the membership option it transfers you to the local gym (who is NO help) and every other option requires you to know the name or extension of who you wish to speak to. I even checked with my credit card company who processed the charge and they don’t have a number for Gold’s either. It’s like they go out of their way to make sure you can’t contact them.
Newaygo

Post by Newaygo »

I use the excellent consumer site Elliott Advocacy. See link below. If they do not have the corporate contact, their volunteers will research them for you. It is a non-profit consumer advocacy site. The site also provides advice on resolving disputes.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/
Topic Author
CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady »

Newaygo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:28 pm I use the excellent consumer site Elliott Advocacy. See link below. If they do not have the corporate contact, their volunteers will research them for you. It is a non-profit consumer advocacy site. The site also provides advice on resolving disputes.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/
Thanks!
galawdawg

Post by galawdawg »

CrazyCatLady wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:26 pm
galawdawg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:57 am Have you tried a Google search for Gold's Gym Corporate office?
Yep. It’s located in Dallas, but I only get an automated voice and pushing zero doesn’t help. If you chose the membership option it transfers you to the local gym (who is NO help) and every other option requires you to know the name or extension of who you wish to speak to. I even checked with my credit card company who processed the charge and they don’t have a number for Gold’s either. It’s like they go out of their way to make sure you can’t contact them.
A letter will probably be necessary to get results. Gym membership issues are notorious problems and phone calls are often ineffectual, as you have realized.

Do you have a written record or other evidence that you cancelled your gym membership in accordance with the terms of the agreement you signed? If so, dispute any unauthorized charges with your credit card issuer. (Your credit card statement will provide instructions how to invoke the protections of the Fair Credit Billing Act...again, a letter is required. A phone call or online dispute does NOT provide legal protections in the event of an unauthorized or erroneous charge).

If you don't have some written record of your cancellation, start now by following the procedure outlined in your membership agreement. If it requires you cancel at your local gym, get a written confirmation from them when you cancel. If by mail, send it certified with return receipt requested.

Good luck.
hoofaman

Post by hoofaman »

galawdawg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:44 pm
CrazyCatLady wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:26 pm
A letter will probably be necessary to get results. Gym membership issues are notorious problems and phone calls are often ineffectual, as you have realized.

Do you have a written record or other evidence that you cancelled your gym membership in accordance with the terms of the agreement you signed? If so, dispute any unauthorized charges with your credit card issuer. (Your credit card statement will provide instructions how to invoke the protections of the Fair Credit Billing Act...again, a letter is required. A phone call or online dispute does NOT provide legal protections in the event of an unauthorized or erroneous charge).

If you don't have some written record of your cancellation, start now by following the procedure outlined in your membership agreement. If it requires you cancel at your local gym, get a written confirmation from them when you cancel. If by mail, send it certified with return receipt requested.

Good luck.
+1, I cancelled my Gold's Gym membership over 10 years ago, but back then the process required physically mailing in your notice of cancellation. Check your signed membership agreement for these details
AD3

Post by AD3 »

CrazyCatLady wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:53 am Does anyone know an easy way to contact Gold’s Gym corporate office? I’m having issues with a cancelled membership at the local gym and when I call the main Gold’s Gym number there is no way to reach anyone unless you know their extension or name. Thanks!
Whenever I have trouble contacting customer service, I usually file a FTC complaint and that usually works wonders. Did this with AT&T and they were calling and mailing me letters to resolve the issues.
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/
Topic Author
CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady »

Great, thanks for the advice! I heard the horror stories about Gold’s Gym, but didn’t believe them. Now I do! I finally heard back from someone at the local gym so I’m going to give him a couple of days to see if anything gets accomplished. If not, my next steps will be a certified letter and FTC complaint.
sureshoe

Post by sureshoe »

Are they actively debiting your bank account or charging a credit card. Challenging the credit card will get you noticed. If they have a cancelled check and you're trying to stop that... oof.
bob60014

Post by bob60014 »

FWIW, I haven't heard of them in years but was curious and found this on Wikipedia re Gold's.

"2020 bankruptcy
On May 4, 2020, GGI Holdings, LLC (Gold's Gym) and 14 affiliated debtors filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas......(more)

In August 2020, Gold's was acquired by European fitness giant, RSG Group GmbH, which also owns the McFit fitness brand.[2]"
Good luck!