Instacart vs Shipt ?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
ResearchMed

Instacart vs Shipt ?

Post by ResearchMed »

I just came across an article about Shipt, which is a shopping delivery service like Instacart.
One appealing feature is that you are able to request a specific shopper if you find someone "good".

But this is the first I've heard of Shipt.

Anyone have any experience with them, good or not so good?

Thanks.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
RudyS

Re: Instacart vs Shipt ?

Post by RudyS »

In some cases Instacart, or Shipt, or PeaPod, etc., are only set up with one store ( Shaws, Meijers, StopandShop), etc. You will want to find out just which are available. Shipt was the company that worked with Meijers (regional midwest), and seems like people were happy with it.
OnceARunner

Post by OnceARunner »

RudyS wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:11 pm In some cases Instacart, or Shipt, or PeaPod, etc., are only set up with one store ( Shaws, Meijers, StopandShop), etc. You will want to find out just which are available. Shipt was the company that worked with Meijers (regional midwest), and seems like people were happy with it.
It may differ by geographic region, but around me, Shipt can deliver from Publix, Target, Kroger, Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond, CVS, and Petco.

To the OP, I haven't used myself, but am considering trying it since I get "free" membership now through my Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Topic Author
ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed »

OnceARunner wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:52 am
RudyS wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:11 pm In some cases Instacart, or Shipt, or PeaPod, etc., are only set up with one store ( Shaws, Meijers, StopandShop), etc. You will want to find out just which are available. Shipt was the company that worked with Meijers (regional midwest), and seems like people were happy with it.
It may differ by geographic region, but around me, Shipt can deliver from Publix, Target, Kroger, Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond, CVS, and Petco.

To the OP, I haven't used myself, but am considering trying it since I get "free" membership now through my Chase Sapphire Reserve.
I just became aware of Shipt. Instacart definitely has more stores in our area at this point, but Shipt includes the grocer we use the most.
What appealed to me was that apparently one can request a specific shopper.
Back in spring, 2020, this would have been dynamite. There were so many mistakes. Sure, Instacart refunded our money, but that didn't help make any missing items appear.
However, now they seem to be doing really good work most of the time.

But I read (yeah, "I read it on the Internet" :shock: ) that a shopper might find something for someone, but at a different location...?
That is much more like a real "personal shopper". For hard to find items, that could be really helpful.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.