2012 Nissan Juke Replacement

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
OldSport

2012 Nissan Juke Replacement

Post by OldSport »

My sister needs to replace a 2012 Nissan Juke SL AWD.

She really likes the combo of fast acceleration, nimble handling, and smaller dimensions.

It's replacement needs to have at least as good of handling and acceleration, leather seats, good AWD, and not too much larger dimensions. Can go up to $40k if needed. New vehicles only, will not consider used.

She is not sure what to replace it was. I was thinking Mazda CX-30 Turbo or Hyundai Kona Limited?
Jack FFR1846

Re: 2012 Nissan Juke Replacement

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

Subaru Crosstrek limited. New 2.5L engine, much better AWD than anything Nissan has ever imagined, handles as well as a Juke.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
02nz

Post by 02nz »

I think the Mazda is a better choice than the Kona or Crosstrek. Handles and looks great, feels very premium for the price. The CX-30 turbo is a LOT faster than the Crosstrek or the Juke turbo.
Topic Author
OldSport

Post by OldSport »

Jack FFR1846 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:19 am Subaru Crosstrek limited. New 2.5L engine, much better AWD than anything Nissan has ever imagined, handles as well as a Juke.
Thanks, but the Crosstrek is SO SLOW. Otherwise would have considered it.
mdbravelion

Post by mdbravelion »

OldSport wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:37 am My sister needs to replace a 2012 Nissan Juke SL AWD.

She really likes the combo of fast acceleration, nimble handling, and smaller dimensions.

It's replacement needs to have at least as good of handling and acceleration, leather seats, good AWD, and not too much larger dimensions. Can go up to $40k if needed. New vehicles only, will not consider used.

She is not sure what to replace it was. I was thinking Mazda CX-30 Turbo or Hyundai Kona Limited?

In what world would you consider a Juke having ‘fast acceleration?’ 😂
oxothuk

Post by oxothuk »

OldSport wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:37 am My sister needs to replace a 2012 Nissan Juke SL AWD.

If she would consider an EV, maybe a Nissan Leaf SL? Not AWD, but the extra weight from the battery gives it pretty good traction.