Lego light kits

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
hoops777

Lego light kits

Post by hoops777 »

Ones anyone have any experience with those lego light kits.
My grandson and I are going to build a Xmas village and some of the sets like Santa’s Work Shop have light kits that you can install after building them.
I am wondering how difficult they are.
Thanks.
K.I.S.S........so easy to say so difficult to do.
Broken Man 1999

Re: Lego light kits

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

The age identified in the product info is 12.

My 8 year-old grandson is a real fan of lego kits, he is into the Star Wars and Avenger builds at the moment. He builds above his "product recommended age" with no stress.

How old is your grandson?

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
runner9

Post by runner9 »

We added an after market light set to a Paris lego set. It was a bit tedious for us adults, lots of fine motor skills required.
Topic Author
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

Broken Man 1999 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 am The age identified in the product info is 12.

My 8 year-old grandson is a real fan of lego kits, he is into the Star Wars and Avenger builds at the moment. He builds above his "product recommended age" with no stress.

Broken Man 1999
He just turned 7 a few weeks ago. He just built the adult flower bouquet which is an adult lego for his mom’s birthday present in 3 hours .He built the technic crane with very little help. These kids are amazing.
The light kits are a different story though so was wondering how difficult. From what I read they are best added on after building the Christmas village type sets.
halfnine

Post by halfnine »

You might ask at Eurobricks.com in the relevant forum(s). No shortage of lego knowledge there.
Topic Author
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

halfnine wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:41 pm You might ask at Eurobricks.com in the relevant forum(s). No shortage of lego knowledge there.
Thanks
Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 »

hoops777 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:58 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 am The age identified in the product info is 12.

Broken Man 1999
He just turned 7 a few weeks ago. He just built the adult flower bouquet which is an adult lego for his mom’s birthday present in 3 hours .He built the technic crane with very little help. These kids are amazing.
The light kits are a different story though so was wondering how difficult. From what I read they are best added on after building the Christmas village type sets.
Great! Sounds like a really fun project for both of you.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you to enjoy the moments, they grow so quickly! Before you know it he will be asking for the keys to the car! It is bittersweet to see them grow.

Even though I feel as though I have been gifted a life extension, one of my most fervent hopes is to see the grandchildren grow up. Greedy on my part, sure, but I can't help it.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go." - Mark Twain
Topic Author
hoops777

Post by hoops777 »

Broken Man 1999 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:19 pm
hoops777 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Broken Man 1999
Great! Sounds like a really fun project for both of you.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you to enjoy the moments, they grow so quickly! Before you know it he will be asking for the keys to the car! It is bittersweet to see them grow.

Even though I feel as though I have been gifted a life extension, one of my most fervent hopes is to see the grandchildren grow up. Greedy on my part, sure, but I can't help it.

Broken Man 1999
I never had kids of my own so he and his little brother are my step grandsons. It has been the greatest experience of my life taking care of them about 25 to 30 hours a week since they were about 3 months old.
I am really struggling a bit knowing my time is limited with them. The older one and I have always been very close and it truly is bittersweet seeing them grow. The little guy is almost 3 and we are also very close.
This is the reason for doing the Xmas village all in one swoop. Last year we built the gingerbread house about 1300 pieces and the plan was one each Xmas. Now I am thinking who knows how many more we have so let’s build a lasting memory while the interest is there and I am still here :D