Looking for an alternative to dropbox or box.com for business use

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
newbie003

Looking for an alternative to dropbox or box.com for business use

Post by newbie003 »

I work for a small company and (being that we are all remote with no office or server) we rely heavily on dropbox to share files amongst ourselves (i.e. we have shared folders for bank statements and other such documents). However, we don't like using it to share files with outsiders for fear that we will accidentally save a file (on our pc) into one of the folders that is shared with an outsider, and the outside person would then have access to said file.

I've started using a personal box.com account (only accessed online, not synced to my desktop), to share files/folders with outsiders, but we need internal colleagues to also have full access to these files/folders (so they can add/remove docs, create their own folders...).

I did just create a new box.com business account, but so far I'm not loving it (just navigating through the site and trying to add another internal users is driving me crazy, and it doesn't seem overly simplistic to add a new folder that we would both have access to and could also share externally). I'm sure it's easier than it seems and I'll keep looking at it.

In any case, is there anything similar to dropbox or box that you would recommend for simple file/folder sharing on an external basis, where multiple internal people would have full/equal access as well?

If it makes a difference, the vast majority of folders would hardly ever be updated (i.e. once/year we would upload new tax returns, once/month we upload new bank statements...). It's not like we'd constantly be adding/deleting files, or actively working in these folders/documents (we would continue to do that using dropbox, and these would strictly be for the purpose of sending externally).

I wonder if my best bet is a new (personal) box.com account, where myself and some colleagues would just share the login...

Thank you